Hands On Preview of Split Second

Posted: February 8, 2010
Hands On Preview of Split Second
Jason Green from Black Rock Studio gives you a Hands On Preview of the new racing game Split Second. Find out about the game's storyline, mechanics, destructible environments and cars in this preview of Split Second.

• Komodo

Looks interesting :)

Posted: March 5, 2010 7:59 PM
    Komodo
  • Fulldemon0716

I am excited about this game, I'm indifferent about it not using Real cars. but i guess it didn't matter to me in Burnout, why let it bother me now.

Also since DLC is as unavoidable in games today, just like another Michael Bay movie taking a dump on my childhood (Or actually my moms child hood that was forced in my eyes and in-turn became my own)

I just hope the DLC will be more then just new levels and cars.

i hope they just AMP up the levels that already exist in the game. like new trap and shortcuts and so-forth. think about it. play a level you have done already with something different blowing up in your face. Because it would add a whole new surprise to the gamer. No?

Posted: February 18, 2010 9:20 PM
  • Yeow95

Game looks badass!

Posted: February 15, 2010 12:12 AM
    Yeow95
  • AngelsandDemons

Hmmm...that morning haze over the race track...Gone in 60 Seconds.
    The close HUD on the racing mechanic.....GRID
    Reality TV racing setting...Death Race
    Hitting things at high speeds without damage....NFS
    Interactive environments and car attacks...Burnout

I'd have to say that this title should please fans of the above influences!

Posted: February 14, 2010 5:56 AM
    AngelsandDemons
  • swordgoatz

This game was my biggest surprise at pax last year. The only reason I walked over to the Disney booth was because there wasn't a line at any of the consoles. But wow, this game is really fun. I made sure all my friends got a chance to play as well. The blowing-up mechanic works better than burnout, I think, because when you blow up a tower or something and a secret passage is opened, it's pretty easy to tell where it is and how to get there. Plus I really like the driving system, it's got a really intuitive feel. At least on the level that I played, I could play through it many different times and each time was different. It's got an epic feel that you don't usually get in racing games. I'm excited.

Posted: February 13, 2010 1:03 PM
    swordgoatz
  • mpcronin

Nice!! I can't wait to play!!

Posted: February 13, 2010 11:27 AM
    mpcronin
  • theantigzus

i miss burnout and twisted metal :(

Posted: February 13, 2010 1:37 AM
  • DamionF

Heavenscloud001, i was just about to type what you said until i saw your comment. Its not really a fresh idea when your taking idea's from a 2008 film. I only hope the game is better than the movie.

Posted: February 12, 2010 10:19 PM
  • heavenscloud001

Am I the only one who thinks this looks and sounds (story wise) just like the movie Death Race?

Posted: February 12, 2010 4:25 PM
    heavenscloud001
  • Benn43

I can not decide between this and Blur. While this game has these great destructible environments and cool actions sequences, it seems to put an emphasis on style (drifting and such) to get those power-ups. Blur is more focused on using the power-ups on the track and tactics to win any way possible, no style points necessary. So I suppose it's up to whether or not you like drifting and drafting to get cool power-ups that bring the environment into play, or just alter your path slightly to pick up power-up and try to race your way to the front using tactics and power-ups not worrying about style.

Posted: February 10, 2010 12:56 PM
    Benn43
  • iamevn

played it at PAX, looking forward to it!

Posted: February 9, 2010 10:44 PM
    iamevn
  • SteveKB

I am looking forward to this game, I hope it's good!

Posted: February 9, 2010 2:28 PM
    SteveKB
  • Da Las Icon

I'm torn between Sonic Super Star Racing and this, only room for one racing game

Posted: February 8, 2010 7:50 PM