Up All Night with Bayonetta

Posted: February 8, 2010
Up All Night with Bayonetta
Adam Sessler explains why it's so fun to stay Up All Night with Bayonetta. Learn about the flirtatious, sexy and kick ass title character that makes this game worth losing sleep over.

• Infinite_Lives

Someone is finally showing love for the PS3 version. Nice!!! Good thing Sony stepped up to the plate and made a patch...

Posted: February 9, 2010 9:26 AM
    Infinite_Lives
  • DukeOfNYaNumba1

This is the second time I've seen Adam come out to speak up for this game after its release, hope the extra attention gets it some more sales. The combat really is as rewarding as mentioned, and some people just play through it and go "meh", but I found great replay value from playing it on the harder difficulties. Climax difficulty is pretty tough though, too tough for just casual play in my opinion, I usually have to play a level on normal real quick, earn some bonus round perks and then attempt another Climax round. Though, if I just want a casual playthrough that's still challenging, 2nd hardest difficulty is where it's at for me. It's a very addictive game, I couldn't even play Army of Two 40th day for like a week after I bought it because I just couldn't put Bayonetta away.

Posted: February 9, 2010 5:23 AM
    DukeOfNYaNumba1
  • ronaldo99

dear everyone: there is a difference between "their", "they're" and "there". just as there is a difference between "your" and "you're"
    learn these differences and apply them in YOUR posts please

Posted: February 8, 2010 11:43 PM
    ronaldo99
  • Chris12163

I really love this game and i still play it to this day. The graphics, storyline and gameplay is awesome. Been going through many playthroughs and never get tired, theirs many weapons and combos to explore. High Replay Value for me.

Posted: February 8, 2010 10:13 PM
    Chris12163
  • Wozman23

I just finished my rental of Bayonetta tonight, and I wasn't all that impressed. But I was never really a Devil May Cry fan either. To each his own...

Posted: February 8, 2010 8:42 PM
    Wozman23
  • Cathartic Denoument

I know Bayonetta's an awesome game & all, but is this game really being tagged as a "Hack & Slash"??
    I don't mean anything snide or generally negative by that question; I'm just really curious about this.
    'Cuz when I played the demo, I was more focused on (or pushed towards) using punch & kick combos than I was with using her optional sword.
    This game comes off to me as more of an "Action/Beat-'Em-Up" than a "Hack & Slash", since bladed weapon-wielding wasn't emphasized as much as beating the crap out of those "angels" with Bayonetta's fists & heels (+ guns that hardly do damage, and only serve to extend a combo).

[[Shrug]] Idk..
    ..Is it just me?
    Is it because I haven't played the whole game?

Does Bayonetta get other bladed weapons aside from the sword she already has?
    (Not counting the weapons you pick up from your enemies)
    And does the weapon she gets receive any upgrades of any kind?

Posted: February 8, 2010 7:15 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • Mr_Eko_73

Finished Bayonetta and Normal now going on my second playthrough on Hard- Love. It. That being said, my one knock against it has to be some of the platforming levels at the end felt out of place and not very much fun. For me, it really has to do with the fact that I know 100 combos but go over and hour without being able to use any of them because I'm trying Mario jumps with out trying to fall.

Also, remember that "Dead Space" moment where you had to shoot asteroids with a cannon?- Yeah, well there is something similar to that here that, while different, throws off the pacing of the game.

Now- off to another All Nighter with my favorite Witch!

Posted: February 8, 2010 6:50 PM
    Mr_Eko_73
  • LiquidSnake18

This game is fantastic! I have the PS3 version and thanks to the patch the game runs perfectly now. I'll have to say if you have a 360 or PS3.. You should get this game. btw I'm not a fanboy. I like both consoles.

Posted: February 8, 2010 6:38 PM
    LiquidSnake18
  • Tmidiman

It's all about the tightness of the gameplay, the badass-ness of the main character, and the intense/smooth animations. Just like, Darksiders and Dante, Bayonetta is a gamers game. Pure gamers get it that it's all about having fun.

Posted: February 8, 2010 5:33 PM
    Tmidiman
  • Softcore_Gamer89

I love the randomness and awesomeness fell of this game! I thought it was gonna be one of those loser games that was created for guys to ogle at the main character but, i really LOVE and plan on buying this game!

Posted: February 8, 2010 5:22 PM
    Softcore_Gamer89
  • Grublet

Yeah this game just kept me up until 1 yesterday so yeah I'd say it's worth the money.

Posted: February 8, 2010 5:04 PM
    Grublet
  • AVHero

The game is amazing. I'm just borrowing it from a friend, but it is definitely one I want to purchase. Played through it 4 times already. One of, if not the best hack and slash combat system I've seen.

Posted: February 8, 2010 4:59 PM
    AVHero
  • g4fan247

I bought Bayonetta almost a month ago and it does keep me up all night when I play it. The gameplay is addictive and sometimes the enemies seem to never
    stop coming. Get this game if you like hack and slash action games.

Posted: February 8, 2010 4:52 PM
    g4fan247
  • barley12

Speaking of Ciales... I named my WoW Mage that not having any idea what it meant. As I got into raiding my guildies had a field day with my name of choice.

Oh, and I can't wait for this weekend to play Bayonetta, I'll most likely be up all night too. Go Sess!

Posted: February 8, 2010 4:25 PM