Backbreaker First Developer Diary

Posted: February 8, 2010
Backbreaker First Developer Diary
Taking on a juggernaut of a franchise as dominating as Madden NFL takes a lot of guts and plenty of reasons why fans would jump ship for your upstart offering. Backbreaker goes straight to the point.

• jack.3556

i honestly could care less about the nfl star names in a game. for me its all about the game play. this looks promising and if it comes out at a price less than $60 i will definitely give it a shot. i havent bought a madden game in years because its the same game every year.

Posted: February 16, 2010 11:08 AM
    jack.3556
  • randallmcginness

The game does look interesting. Hopefully it'll have about as many teams as the nfl does. Or even some sort of story/history on teams/rivalries to draw people in to this world.
    This game cannot be priced at $60 and expect to compete w/ Madden. They need to do exactly what 2k5 did and come out w/ a solid football game w/ great mechanics at a low cost. If this game were $30, i'd buy it to try it.. definitely not at $60 though. Madden is basically the same thing every year w/ minor tweaks. I usually end up buying it ever year, even though I say I won't. It's still fun but it definitely needs to stop acting like Apple and releasing a slightly better version of the same product a little at a time... just make the damn thing good already.

Posted: February 9, 2010 11:02 AM
    randallmcginness
  • sk8code14

this game looks pretty good. madden is the same crap every year, Madden NFL 5021 will have one more new feature than madden 10.

Posted: February 8, 2010 8:48 PM
    sk8code14
  • Tmidiman

Maybe if the gaming media gave madden games the reviews they deserve it would be better. As such the animation is poor and the play-control leaves much to be desired. It has been that way for years and will continue until someone wakes EA up on the crap they yearly release.

That said, and it can't be said enough, I look forward to trying Backbreaker. Sure it may be great and I may not. At least it will get a more accurate review than madden as ever had in it's weak representation of the game of football.

Posted: February 8, 2010 6:56 PM
    Tmidiman
  • TimeEmit

The people who buy Madden are the same people who believe football IS THE NFL. Football is a niche sport that is only popular in the USA. It is not a worldwide sport like soccer so its important that EA hold on to the NFL license. Unfortunately, the NFL is doing a disservice to the sport of football by granting EA the NFL license exclusivity. Madden has pretty much been the same game year in and year out. Everyone with an ounce of sanity knows this. Even their diehard fans are seeing the light (just check out the yearly sales numbers).

Posted: February 8, 2010 4:23 PM
    TimeEmit
  • Renaissance Spam

Why is the NFL license such a requirement? I mean, I understand the appeal of playing as my favourite team and all, but Blitz: The League was pretty successful and it was a completely fictional universe.

I'm more interested in how the game plays, if it's superior to Madden, then I'm sold. If not, well, I'm not going to cry over it.

Posted: February 8, 2010 2:36 PM
    Renaissance+Spam
  • aztecyankee

3 ways that this games can beat madden....

1)Price lower than madden 39.99 maybe?
    2)Gameplay,Gameplay,Gameplay ...reason why NFL 2k5 is STILL the best playing football game of all time.
    3)Allow you to personalize and share teams created along with players...AKA make your own NFL ...then and just then it'll beat madden!!

Posted: February 8, 2010 2:05 PM
    aztecyankee
  • Str84twenty

YES! Me and my bro have been waiting for this game for like two years now. CANT WAIT!!!

Posted: February 8, 2010 1:36 PM
    Str84twenty
  • Great_Zimbabwe

An American Football game made by a British Developer? Do British people like or even understand American Football?

Posted: February 8, 2010 1:16 PM
    Great_Zimbabwe
  • V_Translanka

I don't think the license matters quite so much...as long as there's enough customization so's I can fake it...^_^

Posted: February 8, 2010 1:15 PM
    V_Translanka
  • cpspoo

Looks interesting...

Posted: February 8, 2010 12:54 PM
    cpspoo
  • BONERJAM

@Inamorta

I'm not and I dont think others are saying this is going to be a bad game. People want to play a football game with an NFL or NCAA license. If you dont have that license a vast majority of people wont care about it.

Posted: February 8, 2010 11:43 AM
    BONERJAM
  • dinglebarry

I would like to see Tecmo Bowl come to PS3 and XBOX.

Posted: February 8, 2010 11:35 AM
    dinglebarry
  • mathiasreese

I'm a little confused. Their accents make me think soccer, not American football. That worries me a bit. Although it would be nice for Madden to have some sort of competition again.

Posted: February 8, 2010 11:29 AM
    mathiasreese
  • zmnatz

No NFL license = No purchases.

Posted: February 8, 2010 11:28 AM
    zmnatz
  • Inamorta

i hate when people naysay before the game comes out play it first and then say something i like people who bring new things to games stop being biased people there video games not religions F me

Posted: February 8, 2010 11:12 AM
    Inamorta
  • Juicelee

they NEED the NFL liscense if they want to make any money at all... I thought maddens stranglehold on the license ended this year... is that the case still?

I hope so, just by describing the engine it could make this game a contender

Posted: February 8, 2010 11:01 AM
    Juicelee
  • BONERJAM

This game has no chance. People want to play football with NFL stars like Peyton Manning, Reggie Bush and Ray Lewis not Meyton Panning, Beggie Rush and Lay Rewis.

Posted: February 8, 2010 10:57 AM