Heavy Rain Demo Direct-Feed Gameplay

Posted: February 5, 2010
Heavy Rain Demo Direct-Feed Gameplay
Get your first chance to check out Quantic Dream's interactive drama game, Heavy Rain, as we take our stab at the demo to find the Origami Killer.

• pmoy1

I have not played the demo, but watching the video makes we want to get it on release day.... The QTEs look a bit tough with the quarter circle here and there and what have you, but still doesn't look like it's going to be that much of a problem.... I really had my doubts when I first heard about this game on how the action was going to play out, but it looked like it was done very well with the whole timing thing going for it. Also I noticed that in each storyline they mention how much rain has fallen, just wondering how that plays into the game for each character....

Well I read the review on here and have to agree that some of the voice acting seems off.... Some characters are on par and well some kinda just seem like they don't want to be there.... Like barley12 said it certainly doesn't make the game unplayable.... your more or less there to find the clues and move on with the story which is the huge part of the game....

Over all I am thinking that this will be a great game to talk about the different outcomes with friends and people who have played the game. I am really hoping that this is going to be a great game and also wondering are they going to do any DLC?

Posted: February 10, 2010 1:17 PM
    pmoy1
  • barley12

Okay, so as I said many times before I wish I owned a PS3, because this game looks awesome.

The fact that I sat here and watched 32 minutes of someone else playing the game really says something about how appealing the game is to me, because I barley sit for 32 minutes in one place to be honest.

As for the voice acting, it's not "bad" more or less mediocre is the word I would go with. It certainly doesn't make the game unplayable, it just doesn't enhance the game as much as it should. But it still seems like Heavy Rain is going to be one of those odd ball amazing games (e.g, Bioshock!) that just impresses everyone out of nowhere.

Can't wait to see Heavy Rains success and I will get my hands on it eventually!

Posted: February 8, 2010 4:09 PM
    barley12
  • cheesypoofs

I'd rather play Mass Effect 2

Posted: February 8, 2010 7:03 AM
    cheesypoofs
  • mordi

Demo was awesome, games' also going to be awesome. Kudos for David cage and Quantic Dream for making this game and for Sony for having the faith and actually investing money in this venture. Go try pitching this game to Microsoft or any other publishing house and see how fast they show you the door.

Posted: February 7, 2010 8:55 PM
    mordi
  • Sawblood45

Man for me this game is going to explode, I am so dissapointed America isn't getting a collector's edition but the pre order offer is one to my liking. I loved indigo prophecy and am so pumped for the release! WHOOOOOAAAAHHHWWAAAA!!!!! My expectations are high simply because after experiencing IP and knowing that Quantic Dream is responsible for Heavy Rain, I know it will be badass. Plus the story is not compromised due to an online mode so it's just gunna be a game to kick back (probably be at the edge of my seat though) and enjoy a great story which I think a lot of games are lacking today. On a side note, The next 2 months overall are going to be overwhelming, AVP, Heavy Rain, RE5 Gold Ed, Bioshock 2, Bad company 2, FF13, Yakuza 3, and of course... KRATOS!!!

Posted: February 7, 2010 8:25 PM
    Sawblood45
  • RbEeAtDwLeIeNnE

I thought the demo was great. I think all the commenters who are saying "the voice acting is bad," are just negative nancies jumping on the bandwagon with others. I thought the voice acting was fine...Not as awesome as Uncharted, but not bad. Lighten up people, and don't be sheep blindly following the sheep herder

Posted: February 7, 2010 2:37 PM
    RbEeAtDwLeIeNnE
  • Warrior567

i hope u ps3 people are not taking this game for granted

Posted: February 7, 2010 2:02 PM
    Warrior567
  • SPL33N

Since the positive points are obvious and plenty I'll just point out the bad aspects.
    Bad voice acting
    Game-play seems too linear
    I realize that the choices you make can change outcomes, but there's a disconnect when you can't fully control your character's actions. You feel more like a puppet master of a puppet with limitations. It's hard to explain. For example: say you want to question someone, and the guy tells you to piss off, but you don't have the option to hold a gun to the person's head even though you have one. That would make you feel powerless, and I'm sure a similar situation will come up.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the story.

Posted: February 7, 2010 1:47 PM
    SPL33N
  • stunna05

I was very surprised how much I liked the demo. I wasn't as excited when I first heard about the game but as more information came out I become more interested and after the demo I am now sold! The quick time events don't feel like usual, you feel much more involved. But it isn't for everyone, but people should at least try it out.

Posted: February 7, 2010 11:46 AM
    stunna05
  • kalpow

i find HEAVY RAIN cool!!! i luv a game with dark settin an a gud story i find my self playin this on sundays i like the xbox xclusive ALAN WALK but i only own a PS3

Posted: February 7, 2010 11:15 AM
    kalpow
  • Juicelee

this game is the grandchild of shenmue, a very ambitious attempt, very solid storytelling but sadly I think the average gamer (aka the casual gamer) who wants a mindless story and fast paced gameplay is gonna be instantly put off by this title... I just hope it sells enough to warrant a sequel

Posted: February 7, 2010 9:16 AM
    Juicelee
  • Fallen.Elijah

As a studying game developer I have to say that this game is making me excited. Something about the art - which needless to say borders the realm of the uncanny valley - is intoxicating. The very obvious appeal of playing through a cinematic with a control scheme that mocks human motor functions; is raising my anticipation to a new level altitude. I will have to look into playing this demo; but from what I can tell even without a test play this game is still worth the buy.

Posted: February 7, 2010 9:13 AM
    Fallen.Elijah
  • Fallen.Elijah

Posted: February 7, 2010 9:13 AM
    Fallen.Elijah
  • frank1028

wow 360 fans are the worse

Posted: February 7, 2010 8:59 AM
    frank1028
  • DukeOfNYaNumba1

Dang, need to download the demo ASAP, was a big fan of Indigo Prophecy back in my stoner days because it tested my stoner reflexes, pretty addictive and quite entertaining. Then again, when I played this game it was when they were phasing out PS2 games at $10 for new copies and such, but I'll be looking forward to seeing if this will be worth full price at release, if not I might at least wait until it goes down in price. Anyhow, looks like an interactive movie, which MGS4 even wasn't and that glorified cutscene retailed for $60, so maybe I might just get this game to get that other bad taste out of my mouth, and besides I haven't picked up a PS3 game since Uncharted 2 and a haven't found a need to touch that since completed my first playthough.

Posted: February 7, 2010 4:24 AM
    DukeOfNYaNumba1
  • WISCO

I liked it.
    Much more "Adult" than most games on the market.
    It will be in my PS3 Day 1.

Posted: February 7, 2010 12:34 AM
    WISCO
  • jrest

I have literally played the demo 7 times, each time selecting different options and the slight changes in the story line are friggin incredible. In some spots, timing is everything. Depending on how you ask/answer certain questions, the characters respond differently. I really enjoyed it. The graphics are phenomenal. I have a feeling this title will have alot of replayability. I don't recall the last time that I enjoyed playing in the rain as much as this.

Posted: February 6, 2010 10:04 PM
    jrest
  • ThePsychoGamer

Heavy Rain, Yakuza 3, Atelier Ronoro, and the possiblity of Ar Tonelico 3, ah, it's good to own a PS3

Posted: February 6, 2010 9:28 PM
    ThePsychoGamer
  • kidtendo

It's funny how when he said "i'm going back to the office.. are you staying?" and then two of the police investigating, come up right in front of you and they run into eachother as if they're going to kiss or something xD
    I want to play this demo! I don't even have a PS3 yet though :(

Posted: February 6, 2010 9:06 PM
    kidtendo
  • kidtendo

My b-day's in March and i'm gonna get a PS3 slim! woohoo! I want to get this game.. i've always been interested in it starting from when they had that one video in the early days with that lady in an interview and did a scene in her kitchen.. Anyways, is this game going to be rated Adult Only? 'cause of the nudity? I wish there weren't the nudity..but anyways I'm definitely going to get Uncharted at least :D I want the first and second if I can get them both x)

Posted: February 6, 2010 8:27 PM