Aliens vs. Predator Alien Gameplay Preview

Posted: February 2, 2010
Aliens vs. Predator Alien Gameplay Preview
Tim Jones, Project Lead on Aliens vs. Predator, gives you a preview of the Alien level of the game. Find out about the gameplay mechanics of playing as the Alien in this X-Play preview of Aliens vs. Predator for multiple consoles.

• titan12

cant wait for it to come out

Posted: February 9, 2010 3:09 PM
    titan12
  • titan12

Cant wait for it to come out

Posted: February 9, 2010 3:09 PM
    titan12
  • kentatayfoe

First off let me just say that I have been waiting for this game for a good 8 years or so, I've always wanted it on the xbox live and FINALLY it come out which, in my opinion is going to be worth purchasing.

I wanna get this straightened out... IT IS NOT A MOVIE BASED GAME!!! The concept of Alien vs Predator is based off the original PC games (as well as a PlayStation version). Which came out 10+ years before the mediocre movies. True the movies Aliens, Predator were before the game but they were the ideas behind making the game by combining both. It had one of the best multiplayer experiences, yes better than the "fad" games like Halo and COD.

Secondly, the demo. Before you judge how the game runs keep in mind the big caption before the video game starts that its Pre-release code, meaning its just a DEMO. AVP has tons of maps and yes, they have open ones, how do you think you would play 18 player in the first place? In my opinion, the demo chose the least popular of all the game types, deathmatch. I found myself teaming up with my species naturally most of the time. Team DM will be awesome, and the objective type games are even funner! As well as you even choose the type of class you want to be so were going to see a wide variety of characters all playing at once playing as drones, predaliens, predators, heavy assault predators, etc. (I don't know the classes, there are ALOT of new ones).

Overall Xplay will most likely rate it for 4/5 because of the skepticism everyone is sharing with this game but I think its definitely worth the buy if not, long term rental to say the least. I really hope people will continue to play this game for a long time as well, the pc version's online went for a very long time, this game is awesome.

Posted: February 9, 2010 7:51 AM
    kentatayfoe
  • Solo-nite

I am looking forward to this game, I played the old "jaguar" console version many years ago and the concept was crazy.

I tried running the Multiplayer Demo on my PS3 but I never seem to get any players up :(

I hope this next gen version is good

Posted: February 8, 2010 7:39 PM
    Solo-nite
  • HaloBird

I loved the demo i thought it was great the characters are well balanced and fair. if you know the blocks and counters the game becomes even better. my only complaints were the flame thrower flashlight and that no one wants to be the marians i think it should be three aliens three marians and two predators that would make the free for all better .

Posted: February 8, 2010 7:35 PM
    HaloBird
  • escherfied

I played the multiplayer demo, and i hope that the campaign will be much better. The game play was fun for a while, but eventually i just got frustrated. I did not feel like the characters were balanced in relationship to their big screen counter parts.I'm Probably going to rent this one.

Posted: February 8, 2010 11:51 AM
    escherfied
  • Dwarves

Honestly, looks like another mediocre movie based shooter.

Posted: February 6, 2010 8:11 PM
    Dwarves
  • Worzeth

It's a challenge being a marine, that is for sure (>.<)

Posted: February 6, 2010 5:44 PM
    Worzeth
  • DwNecrid

tried the demo on pc... didnt like it all to that much. played too much like a console game for me. they still need to work on the balancing aspects. ill try it again on console in a bit though lol

Posted: February 6, 2010 10:47 AM
    DwNecrid
  • NICEPIE

It took about ten minutes to find a game, but I was pleasantly surprised how fluid the gameplay was when I finally found a game. I played as the marine, and I died fast. Once you get the hang of the controls, it is a lot of fun. I found the multiplayer scary and intense, so I have high hopes for a frightening campaign(s). Only complaint on the demo is that the three classes feel a bit unbalanced......the flamethrower is wayyy too weak...

Posted: February 6, 2010 1:47 AM
    NICEPIE
  • Ariellog

Loved the demo , death match felt just like the movie especially if you like one of the few marines xD.

Posted: February 6, 2010 1:08 AM
    Ariellog
  • stroudwes

i also played the demon on xbox.I thought predator was unique with differ ent visions and stealth. Marine was fun but was hard to find people befor they found you, and alien was fast but hard to control and use

Posted: February 5, 2010 11:19 PM
    stroudwes
  • Jackal904

I think the controls are very smooth. I have no idea why people think they are clunky. I love the demo and I play it all the time. It's extremely addictive and it's a blast.

Posted: February 5, 2010 11:08 PM
    Jackal904
  • Attifire

Also played demo, I love this game so much. The anxiety of being a Marine is sublime and you really do feel like a killing machine while leaping around as an Alien or massacring as a Predator.

Posted: February 5, 2010 3:43 PM
    Attifire
  • cbgbs90

Demo is good played as all 3 characters the marine was good flashlight needs to be brighter, the predator i hated the controls, the aliens was the best just jumping on the ceilings that was the fun part .

Posted: February 5, 2010 3:03 PM
    cbgbs90
  • I C U Right Now

well, i played the demo and frankly i'm a bit disappointed. i can't say for the single player because i haven't played it, but the multiplayer controls felt very clunky, maybe its just because im use to the PC controls from the original games. also i noticed that everything was soooo slow. it feels like they slowed down every species by quite a bit from the original game. yes the alien is fast, but thats only compared to the other species, if you compare the alien from the original to this one, the speed is quite different. one final thing that i did not like is that you can't turn off wall crawl on aliens. this can get a little frustrating when you just want to walk off the side of the floor into a room below. this is also most likely due to the fact that the wall crawl ability in the old games was a button hold down(which at the time i hated but now i long for it) i just wish i could click a button and turn it off and click it again and turn it on. overall it was still satisfying however there were a few moments of frustration due to the control scheme.

Posted: February 5, 2010 2:39 PM
    I+C+U+Right+Now
  • russianpunk

lol just played the DEMO.guys u got to get it and try it.it's so freaking awesome.i think im getting adictive,too bad it's hard to get enough player's in a game.

Posted: February 5, 2010 2:17 PM
    russianpunk
  • V_Translanka

So...no having to deal with being a face-hugger or chest-burster...?

Posted: February 3, 2010 11:45 AM
    V_Translanka
  • Renaissance Spam

I loved the original way back in the 90's and am definitely looking forward to this. At the same time I hope this preview is from an earlier build because the hit detection and movement seem a little clunky. Considering how good the original was, however, I suspect this is an unfounded concern.

Posted: February 3, 2010 12:31 AM
    Renaissance+Spam
  • Shinwasha

Aliens vs Predator is going to amazing. Graphics look amazing, and the previous ones were great. Can't wait for the 16th.

Posted: February 2, 2010 11:18 PM