Hands On Preview: Aliens vs. Predator Gameplay Preview

Posted: January 29, 2010
Hands On Preview: Aliens vs. Predator Gameplay Preview
Tim Jones, Project Lead on Aliens vs. Predator, gives you a hands-on preview of the game, the marine campaign, the storyline, gameplay mechanics and weapons. See gameplay footage and more in this preview of Aliens vs. Predator.

• shagg

Tim Jones, Please fix the multiplayer. Give us dedicated servers.

Posted: February 23, 2010 10:40 PM
    shagg
  • BoydofZINJ

The first one made me jump a few times as the marines. As an Alien player you had to be either stealthy sneaky or aggressive and jumpy. The Predator was the most awesome experience of all time. HEH. Alien vs Predator ... Predators fight would be just as good... or nearly.

Posted: February 14, 2010 5:14 PM
    BoydofZINJ
  • jmrix6

played the demo from steam. it was cool and yes the marines do have flashlights mounted to their guns. alien movement takes a little to get used to(360 movement) and it was hard to just stay flat on the ground.

Posted: February 12, 2010 3:58 PM
    jmrix6
  • R34L-G4M3R

To be honest, I feel as though this is one of those games that is going to be really easy to screw up. From what I've seen so far on this game it could go either way.
    I see some things that excite me ( such as being an alien who can crawl on walls all over the place, or a predator capable of cloaking and taking down his prey one at a time), and there are other things that slightly scare me. Those things would include, bashing in the darkness aspect of the game (on the marine part ) to the point where it no longer becomes suspenseful, but more tedious. The aliens control mechanics is something else that I hope they do well, because I can see how that could go wrong. Being able to crawl 360 degrees in a hallway can get kind of confusing after a while and it may become easy to get disoriented. The predator however, is the part that I fear for the most. I STRONGLY hope that they do not neglect the hunter aspect of the predator and keep his unique array of weapons intact, or perhaps even slightly expanded ( but not overdone of course ). The cloak aspect however, should have ( by every means ) been focused on immensely for the Predator and this should mean that it shouldn't be worried about... right? Well, I'm not holding my breath.
    There are just so many things that COULD go wrong with this game and I hope that the developers have taken enough care into these projects to refine any 'nooks and crannies' the may appear. I'm a bid fan of the alien vs predator idea and would like to see the franchise done justice.

Posted: February 6, 2010 9:20 PM
    R34L-G4M3R
  • Jiffer

WOW is all I have to say. After opening my Steam account today and seeing countless friend pop ups "User so so is now playing AVP demo" I had to try it out for myself. Its a pretty good game for not really any hype. I would give the demo a 4 out of 5. I however don't see myself buying this game.

Posted: February 4, 2010 1:42 AM
  • deleted_797887C3-C454-4E1C-973F-4BFC99A8464F

Hi, Here's how to get yourself a free PS3, iPod, wii or even cash!. Just go to - urfreegifts.com It's FREE and has been� researched by the BBC to be absolutely genuine. Simply� go to the site and select the gift you would like or� cash if you prefer. For full info and proof its real� just go to urfreegifts.com

Posted: February 2, 2010 6:08 AM
    deleted_797887C3-C454-4E1C-973F-4BFC99A8464F
  • rello91

seems fun

Posted: February 1, 2010 5:27 PM
    rello91
  • enissor

casaul + console hmm fail?

Posted: January 31, 2010 7:10 PM
    enissor
  • Glyphs

I have high hopes for this game. Hopefully when we get gameplay videos of the other two races, it'll look worth the buy.

To be honest I was kinda hoping the marines would focus on group tactics for survival, not covering your entire body in flares just to make sure you have enough.

Posted: January 31, 2010 4:43 PM
    Glyphs
  • jewishguynoway

ahaha thats hilarious no flashlight! i guess they had no need for a flashlight in the future : P

Posted: January 31, 2010 9:52 AM
    jewishguynoway
  • rkontna

really? its like why not just give them a damn flashlight??? or why not give them the laser sights like in the first AVP

Posted: January 31, 2010 7:53 AM
    rkontna
  • FaroDemon

Finally another AVP game I remember the PS2 RTS version of Alien vs. Predator I loved it but even getting past the second level was impossible. Being the marines will suck, but I can't wait to be the Aliens and the Predators!

Posted: January 31, 2010 12:30 AM
    FaroDemon
  • TheFeedMack

i boughht bad company 2 and preorderd brink already so i cant do anyhting excempt rent

Posted: January 30, 2010 10:07 PM
    TheFeedMack
  • DTH666

To bad it didnt include a spear replica or a predators helmet that'll be awesome!!!!

Posted: January 30, 2010 8:54 AM
    DTH666
  • NinjaVanish

T/his looks rad, but i still want aliens colonial marines :/

Posted: January 30, 2010 8:36 AM
  • Aceassn716

SEGA! This may already be the sleeper game of the year. I will wait til the real game is out then go from there. I'm hopin they hold nothing back. For everyone saying all the game is about is throwing flares, play through the game without them in the darkness then! Oh wait I can already here the "If I don't get an achievement talk" Yawn SEGA!

Posted: January 30, 2010 2:46 AM
    Aceassn716
  • Cathartic Denoument

This game looks like one of those games that are actually really good (and would have good reviews), but won't do well in sales because people aren't interested in it enough to buy it (or not enough people are interested).
    I know that it doesn't interest ME, but the gameplay looks SOLID. Loox like I'd actually have fun if I sat down & played it.
    If enough positive buzz, word-of-mouth, & proper marketing is done with this game, this game could do well in terms of sales.

Posted: January 29, 2010 11:36 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • misfit911

This is going to be awesome!!!

Posted: January 29, 2010 10:57 PM
    misfit911
  • jhoe45

the whole game will be throwing flares

Posted: January 29, 2010 10:26 PM
    jhoe45
  • cwhas2godhands

dude must be carrying a suitcase full of flares.

Posted: January 29, 2010 10:16 PM