Fresh Ink Comics 101: Batman

Posted: January 28, 2010
Fresh Ink Comics 101: Batman

Blair Butler has a new spin on Fresh Ink and this week, she tells us everything we need to know about Bruce Wayne and the popular Batman comics. It's time to brush up on The Dark Knight.

• Belushi'sZombie

Thanks for answering my question, longbowhunter! Look forward to getting "Gothic" soon.

Posted: February 3, 2010 11:54 PM
    Belushi'sZombie
  • Asani

Thanks for the additional titles mentioned above. Gonna be looking for more titles once I get the ones that Blair mentioned.

Posted: February 1, 2010 5:53 PM
    Asani
  • anubis_182

Yeah there should be "Joker" by Brian Azerello but I am glad they put my favorite: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

Posted: February 1, 2010 2:02 PM
    anubis_182
  • blackkittygamer

Can we get a 101 for the Green Archer? I know he isn't as popular but I have always wanted to start on his storyline. (Also if someone wanted to start the Teen Titans should they start in the 1966 story lines or the 1996 ones?)

Posted: January 30, 2010 4:22 PM
    blackkittygamer
  • ultrakarl

those really are the greatest books, although the planet terry is a new one on me. still, its cool to see my cave on the show, took a lot of work to build it( http://s73.photobucket.com/alb ums/i239/ultrakarl/Batcave/ ) thanks for the positive comments!,

Posted: January 30, 2010 2:07 PM
    ultrakarl
  • hauntschaser

This was a great show. Blair, I like your presentation style. You were well versed in the material, clear spoken and delivered with a powerful intent worthy of Batman. Kudos to the design guys; the opening graphics were cool and the page flips kept me captivated for an inside view of the comic art & style. Loved the location - that's the coolest comic store I've ever seen.

Posted: January 30, 2010 7:56 AM
    hauntschaser
  • longbowhunter

Belushi'sZombie, I would go with "Gothic". It is such a creepy story and my personal favorite Grant Morrison Batman story. I felt "Year 100" was just too similar to "The Dark Knight Returns".

Posted: January 30, 2010 2:15 AM
    longbowhunter
  • longbowhunter

Read and own all except the Planetary story. Awesome shirt Blair. Flipper Rules Okay!!

Posted: January 29, 2010 11:40 PM
    longbowhunter
  • Belushi'sZombie

What an awesome show!!! Great selection, coolest batcave, comic page snapshots and page flipping. Thanks Blair!! Great Job. Hope there is a Batman Part 2 episode. I prefer the ones about the future Batman. Great viewer comments for extra reading also. Are "Batman: Year 100", "No Man's Land" and Batman:Gothic" good also? Hope so, I'm getting "Year 100" next.

Posted: January 29, 2010 10:34 PM
    Belushi'sZombie
  • IndyPsycho

Thanks for this. Batman is my favorite superhero and I've been wanting to start reading comics for a while but didn't know where to start. Went out and picked one of these up today. It's as good as advertised so far.

Posted: January 29, 2010 4:06 PM
    IndyPsycho
  • Asani

Alright, I actually just ordered all of these books. I have been wanting to get into the Batman Graphic Novels, but just never knew were to start. Definitely liking Fresh Ink 101 and looking forward to more.

Posted: January 29, 2010 2:19 PM
    Asani
  • CHakraTime

Hey Blair if your going to do more 101 shows then I would love a Spider-Man 101 cause I just can't really decide which storylines best define the character. Great Job on Batman!

Posted: January 29, 2010 7:50 AM
    CHakraTime
  • Moeez

Blair, you forgot to mention that if people are starting from the new Batman movies, they MUST read Batman: The Long Halloween since it was the huge inspiration for it. Easily comparable to the Godfather, due to its many characters, sub-plots, crime families, and suspensful moments.

Posted: January 29, 2010 5:22 AM
    Moeez
  • doubleacantu

After reading "Year One" read Batman: The Long Halloween then Batman: Dark Victory. Great follow ups. Also, Batman: Hush, and "Joker" by Brian Azzarello, probably the BEST Joker story ever!

Posted: January 28, 2010 7:21 PM