Feedback -- No More Heroes 2 Edition (With Some Mass Effect 2)

Posted: January 27, 2010
Feedback -- No More Heroes 2 Edition (With Some Mass Effect 2)
Adam Sessler, Abbie Heppe, Patrick Klepek and Sterling McGarvey gather to discuss the game of the week, No More Heroes 2, and the latest industry news. We also manage to squeeze in some Mass Effect 2 talk.

• dysfuncti0n

I can understand that the game company are losing money but at the same time they charge for dlc content. Either way, they get our money. Half the time don't game developers have dlc content finished before release date?

Posted: February 3, 2010 4:38 PM
    dysfuncti0n
  • 7Hokage

Where is my GOW3 discussion and when will you guys or non-dudes will review MAG. PS Patrick come on dude, Boobes!!!!

Posted: February 2, 2010 5:20 PM
    7Hokage
  • Travmanman

I'm glad to hear such positive word about No More Heroes 2. I'm excited to get my copy in the mail now. It's always been over the top and I'm glad to hear that it's taken it even that much further.

Posted: January 31, 2010 3:36 PM
    Travmanman
  • dactaraad

As a video game and movie fan I've come to notice that there tends to be a pretty big difference between a sequel for a video game and a sequel for a movie; that being movie sequels are typically crappy whereas video game sequels tend to be typically of the same quality or better than the original (excluding heavily exploited franchises such as Sonic or Tony Hawk).

My theory is that video games have more fan involvement since video games are tested at various stages of their development. Why do you think this is? Or am I just ignorant of a bunch of bad video game sequels making my point completely off.

Posted: January 30, 2010 8:58 PM
  • thisnewguy

Natal had complete demos? What demos? Besides the bouncing ball and the slap paint on elephant's ass demo (which both could be done on the PS Eye), I don't recall any actual DEMO of GAMES. On the other hand, the Wand (or Arc) had very VERY extensive GAME demos, the entire presentation was just demos after demos.

This is another example of rhetoric being more effective than actual quality. Almost NO demo was shown for Natal, and EXTENSIVE demo was shown for Wand, and some people will still believe the other way around.

Posted: January 30, 2010 8:12 PM
    thisnewguy
  • blueboykc

do you think fox news knows theres a new mass effect for them to try to slander?

Posted: January 30, 2010 11:28 AM
    blueboykc
  • KrimzenFrawst

Was watching when I had an idea of what Project Natal could be called. The camera that was short lived on the 360 was called Vision. What about XBox 360 Movement? It's simplistic but, the tagline is in the name. "Buy a XBox 360 and join in the Movement."

Posted: January 29, 2010 11:50 PM
    KrimzenFrawst
  • mark82234

what ever happened to the guys from "Judgement Day" ?

Posted: January 29, 2010 9:09 PM
    mark82234
  • huntrrz

Sorry, I've tried to add this twice as a reply to Spybreak's comment on EA imposing (my paraphrase) the Cerebus Network on XBL users:

I agree that is was an inconvenience to sign up for Cerberus Network when I already had an XBL account, but don't forget they are supporting PC users also. They would have needed something like CN regardless. Having everyone go through CN means less maintenance and allows them to gather player metrics they can't through XBL alone.

Posted: January 29, 2010 5:14 PM
    huntrrz
  • KravenTheLone

Whats the story on the FFXVI beta? Any Discussion towards that?

Posted: January 29, 2010 11:22 AM
    KravenTheLone
  • UltimaRatioRegum

I actually really like that idea that Adam had, about starting off with a generic character, and then getting to customize him. It would be easy to implement too, just have some horrible accident happen at the end of the tutorial section, where your character gets disfigured and has to have plastic surgery. Then you can chose to stick with Mr./Ms. Genero or switch to something more interesting.

On a side note, yaaaaay for the return of the dreaded Bayonetta sex scandal! Once again, I'm totally on Abbie's side on this one. While there are some moments in Bayonetta that make me look around to make sure nobody's watching, it all makes sense in the context of the character. Bayonetta is tough as nails and owns her sexuality, as opposed to just about every other female character in games. Look at Lara Croft. Sure, she runs around in short shorts and all but that's more about practicality....she's in a jungle and it gets hot...in the jungle. Any sort of titallation you get out of that is completely by accident....you perve! Or better yet, the God of War girls. At the time it was pretty brave of the developers to put that kind of sexual material in a console game, but really the whole point of them was just to show what a stud Kratos is.

Listen, at the end of the day I'm like most red blooded heterosexual males; I love boobies, they are awesome. I just hate it when people take offense to some kinds of content, while turning a blind eye to other content that's actually more offensive when you think about it. It always reminds me of that scene in Apocalypse Now, where Kurtz is talking about the Army not allowing soldiers to write profanity on the side of bombs, because it would be obscene.

Posted: January 29, 2010 8:14 AM
    UltimaRatioRegum
  • SirCitadel

I would love to see video recording integrated into more games. MW2 killcams would be a perfect place to start. something small, but with the possibility of being incredibly epic. Personally, I don't have the patience to hook up recording software, nor edit and upload footage. However, like in uncharted 2, they automatically save the last 20 matches for you to watch, pause, and move the camera on the fly.

Posted: January 28, 2010 11:44 PM
    SirCitadel
  • efren

Loved the reaction of the camera crew throughout the video, especially during the No More Hero 2 discussion.

Posted: January 28, 2010 11:29 PM
    efren
  • Adidaas

Perverted-ness is all too common in japanese games. I'm sure the creators didn't think of it as anything wrong when they were making it seeing as how they're surrounded by perverted games and perverted material in general 24/7. I'm sure the japanese folk are not complaining.

Posted: January 28, 2010 11:00 PM
    Adidaas
  • Liquid_Viper87

submission for reader question of the week #2 "With all the recent changes to the ps3's new look and the talk of wii HD should Xbox make a new console look? would that be a good thing for them right now?"

Posted: January 28, 2010 10:36 PM
    Liquid_Viper87
  • Liquid_Viper87

Im not sure if i post here for question of the week but ill look around later for the proper spot so heres the question "As an employee for a company that tests games and game software ive come to the conclusion the maybe the Xbox 360 is liked more in America because of game taste and not actual quality since the Xbox has an array of hardware issues, am i wrong?"

Posted: January 28, 2010 10:28 PM
    Liquid_Viper87
  • Nzakour

One question. Maybe a good feedback episode would be. What is Nintendo doing for there Hardcore player audience. Or are they just saying "Screw them the money is in the casual players"

Posted: January 28, 2010 10:27 PM
    Nzakour
  • Nzakour

Honestly the iPad would be waste of money. Because its just a "iPod or iPhone on steroids."

Posted: January 28, 2010 10:17 PM
    Nzakour
  • Nigganez

I Think the cerberus network for ME2 targets people who rent or borrow games. They can still play the game, but won't get the full experience unless they buy the game or pay $15 more. I don't think the price for the cerberus network will drop, its a solid game and people should pay developers for a job well done.

Posted: January 28, 2010 9:14 PM
    Nigganez
  • JessicaStar

Thanks for Feedback. I've never been dedicated to a web show, but this one really has me hooked and gives me something I can't get anywhere else. This is only the 4th ep I've watched all the way through, but the fact that now that I've started I keep coming back every week really says something. Even with things like TWIF or the Rev 3 shows that I enjoy, I just catch them every once in a while...but Feedback is turning into a habit.

If we're asking for things on the G4 channel...more hour long X-plays so that they can stretch out, be silly, and just chat more...followed by Feedback for that awesome pure talk goodness. There's so much to say about games, and while the Feed or other newsblogs are good sometimes you need a lot more than a post to really get into it.

Posted: January 28, 2010 7:53 PM