Adam Sessler on Mass Effect 2 & iPad

Posted: January 27, 2010
Adam Sessler on Mass Effect 2 & iPad

X-Play's Adam Sessler visits the studio to talk to Kevin Pereira about his thoughts on the highly anticipated sequel, Mass Effect 2, and gaming on the new Apple iPad. So much gaming news, so little time!

• Chewbaca_The_Wookie

Just wanted to give a shout out to Adam for working on his Patrick Stewart look, wear it with pride my friend.

Posted: January 29, 2010 1:26 PM
    Chewbaca_The_Wookie
  • DA_UZZ1NATOR

This one is sad. His box of x demonstrated three fourths of a red ring as he inserted his mass effect 2 disk into the console.

Thats Hanar for sad face... :(

Posted: January 28, 2010 9:46 PM
    DA_UZZ1NATOR
  • tige995

Well said ronaldo99 and gm4strs Choc in my peanut butter fine but no politics in my gaming!

Posted: January 28, 2010 11:08 AM
    tige995
  • gm4strs

stay strong tige

Posted: January 28, 2010 10:30 AM
    gm4strs
  • gm4strs

I game and watch G4 to relax and try to forget the world for a bit. That being said, I don't want to hear people whose job is to critique fantasy worlds make comments that are clearly based on their political ideals. Maybe they have been playing so many games that they have lost touch with reality, which is probably how they could still maintain their ignorant beliefs. Otherwise, they are just another couple of weak-minded drones fell victim to the mainstream media and our disingenuous president. I agree with ronaldo. Their comments make them look stupid and ignorant. It's kind of funny, you would think that people who play so much would recognized when they are being played.

Posted: January 28, 2010 10:25 AM
    gm4strs
  • slimmer

Sessler sums up the iPad perfect.

Posted: January 28, 2010 9:34 AM
    slimmer
  • ronaldo99

tige995 haha i agree. guys please don't try to get political! you'll just end up looking stupid. kind of like when the news channels talk about video games. they really think they know what they're talking about but they just sound ignorant to anyone whos played a mario game.

by the way i also agree with telepathboy and johnbegood. it is VERY early in the year to be saying this, and developers will now have the chance to steal good ideas from this game and use it in theirs. i bet ff13 will be better than everyone is expecting and so will gow3.

Posted: January 28, 2010 8:42 AM
    ronaldo99
  • DrowNoble

I still preferred the combat in ME1. I liked the idea of no ammo but with heat buildup. It's been getting a tad annoying running out of ammo and being forced to switch guns almost every fight. Hopefully later in the game I can get a way to carry more clips.

Adam, shame on you! Should of corrected him that ME1 is not turn-based combat! :)

Got a chuckle out of the Fox News jab. Their "sexbox" reporting about ME1 was very comical to say the least. Quite amusing to see clueless conservatives making an a** out of themselves, hopefully they'll do it again.

Posted: January 28, 2010 8:24 AM
    DrowNoble
  • tige995

THANKS ADAM! I bet a friend of mine a case of beer that you would make a Fox news reference when discussing Mass Effect 2. You Liberals are SO predictable! Cheers!

Posted: January 28, 2010 8:05 AM
    tige995
  • EKG

Adam, you should have corrected Kevin on what he thought Mass Effect 1 involved. Obviously he thought it was turn based, when it wasn't. Of course you could freeze the action to choose any powers you wanted, but it was a third person shooter with RPG elements.

Posted: January 28, 2010 7:56 AM
    EKG
  • tragedy93

I love how the featured comment is spam from yorfreevirus.com!

Posted: January 28, 2010 5:50 AM
    tragedy93
  • Spybreak

This might be a good test because very little do Games of the Year mentions come from games that launched in January (Burnout Paradise you were aweome dude). This was a great segment, I never thought about someone playing ME2 without playing the first but you are right about the design progression. I actually liked driving the Mako around and exploring, then being rewarded for my time and choice, although I can agree most of the planets just had a different texture feeling quite similar. Right before ME2 launched I decided to go through and play a third profile, (I was amazed how much I had missed on my 1st and 2nd profiles (Paragon/Renegade respectively)), to have a fresh beginning when I continue the story in ME2. I finished the game 2 days before launch and feel I'm enjoying ME2 even more due to ME1 being so fresh in my memory. A lot of characters say, "Hey Shepard, do you remember me?" and I'm like yeah I do actually! No inventory nor elevator systems are also a nice addition among my fav new change, the armor customization!

Posted: January 28, 2010 1:36 AM
    Spybreak
  • Shienberg

I want Mass Effect now but my 360 deciding one by one not to read any game I own. Gotta get a new 360 or else there ain't no point in buying a new game. :-( Damn You Microsoft!

Kevin. Shave your head again. You look cooler when you don't try to look cool.

Posted: January 27, 2010 11:24 PM
    Shienberg
  • zulia

Hey ladies listen up... The iPad is small, lightweight and slim. But can you swim with it?"

Posted: January 27, 2010 10:43 PM
    zulia
  • yourname240

I love this game, but the only down point is the less customize-ability of the weapons and armor. and buying and selling was not an important topic when concerning weapons. over all is an amazing game. loved it

Posted: January 27, 2010 10:39 PM
    yourname240
  • omegaollie26

Awesome and funny. It worth watching.

Posted: January 27, 2010 8:20 PM
    omegaollie26
  • pmc_soap

i want mass effect now but i am broke so i cant buy these things

Posted: January 27, 2010 8:11 PM
    pmc_soap
  • Johnbegood

I hate to say it, mostly because I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet, but isn't the game of the year talk a little premature? This is basically the first big game to come out this year out of dozens of other ones. Don't forget that it has to go up against FF13, a new Halo, Bioshock 2, GOW3, and quite a few other less popular games that might turn out to be surprise hits. I look forward to playing this game as soon as I get my 360 back, until then I will be playing MAG (btw, where is the review for that game?)

Posted: January 27, 2010 7:45 PM
    Johnbegood
  • telepathboy

Somewhere, a games developer is crying because of the bar that Bioware just set with Mass Effect 2. If it doesn't earn Game of the Year, it's only because Bioware put it out so early in the year that other developers have a second chance to get things up to snuff by September.

Posted: January 27, 2010 7:33 PM
    telepathboy
  • weirdguy13

I dont about Game of the year, its probably going ot be a big player in it but God of War 3, Halo Reach, maybe Gears of War 3(hopefully this year) and others, that are probably going to be great games also. its hopefully going to be a good year for gameing.

Posted: January 27, 2010 7:13 PM