Apple Unveils the iPad

Posted: January 27, 2010
Apple Unveils the iPad

It's been a big day of announcements from the Apple event in San Francisco. Kevin Pereira talks to Mark Wilson from Gizmodo and tech correspondent Dave Mathews about the iPad, Steve Jobs' keynote address and more. It's a good time to be an Apple acolyte.

• bobbyman128

Steve Jobs have you guys pegged. You can rant and rave about "I'm not going to buy one." But you are. Cause apple consumers are morons.

Posted: January 29, 2010 8:46 AM
    bobbyman128
  • Fusion13

there heading in the right direction with this, but i'll just w8 for the Ipad 2nd Gen with a camera, and flash.

Posted: January 28, 2010 4:45 PM
    Fusion13
  • iENDERi

I'm excited about this device. I think that this tablet is an important step in the direction that personal media devices are headed. Is this first version the best that it could have been? Nope, but what device is? These companies aren't gods listening to prayers. They are just companies. The Ipad is alot like the Wii. Silly name, limited capabilities, low price. Awesome product that will sell like hotcakes.

Posted: January 28, 2010 1:43 PM
    iENDERi
  • monkofpunk

If it had OSX 10 would get it but it is just a big iPod not a small mac... like what they should have done!

Posted: January 28, 2010 1:29 PM
    monkofpunk
  • freechild

B O R I N G !

Posted: January 28, 2010 1:01 PM
    freechild
  • GEEBIS

iPad = Epic Fail

Posted: January 28, 2010 9:04 AM
    GEEBIS
  • andresc2

The ipod is so disappointing expected something much better

Posted: January 28, 2010 6:14 AM
    andresc2
  • apr19

I've said it once and i'll say it again, dont ever get anything new when it first comes out for apple, cause a year later your gonna be pissed that they made a better version for the same price.

Posted: January 28, 2010 5:36 AM
    apr19
  • shagg

I agree this is a major FAIL. But at least it gives "other" manufacturers a peek. Now HTC, Samsung, RIM, and Sony can make one better. And NO, we don't want ATT.

Posted: January 28, 2010 4:19 AM
    shagg
  • jwiley20

WHAT A MASSIVE FAIL!

I have an ipod touch and I love it w/ exception for the lack of flash support. I was hoping for an artists tablet with wacom like functionality running OSX. This thing is under-powered and has no storage. How can Steve Jobs call it the "best internet experience" when you can't run flash or even download files!? Way too expensive, I can get a very good laptop for 500 bucks.

Posted: January 28, 2010 12:14 AM
    jwiley20
  • Frankotaco

This thing is a disappointment simply cause its a big iPod touch. Not even an iPhone, just iPod touch. It's impractical to have the limitations of an iPod touch, on something meant to replace laptops. This does not fit the bill for me. If they had it running OSX, and a couple of usb ports, and a built in kickstand. I'd buy one in a heartbeat to replace my laptop...even if it was 700 bucks as the starting price. would still be worth it.

Posted: January 28, 2010 12:13 AM
    Frankotaco
  • rerat

I'm bummed, I expected better. But I agree with Dave that when they make the second generation of this iPad that it will meet our expectations.

Posted: January 27, 2010 6:33 PM