Mass Effect 2 Extended Interview: Combat & Gear

Posted: January 20, 2010
Mass Effect 2 Extended Interview: Combat & Gear
Mass Effect 2's project director Casey Hudson sits down to discuss the game's combat, gear, and research systems.

• titan4710

I'm really looking forward to this game, the days can't pass quick enough. The only thing I have seen that does not excite me now is having to use the armor locker before each mission, though I suppose it makes sense,after all what would a smart soldier do? Take his best or most versatile equipment, or lug everything he owns into battle, including rifles, pistols, shottys, armor, recliners, soda, a pillow, nuclear bombs, and sharks with lazer beams attached to thier heads.

Posted: January 21, 2010 5:26 PM
    titan4710
  • GamerEdge

Mass Effect 2 has made some awesome improvments. I personally love the more indepth customization that can be done with ones armor. Mass Effect 2 is really going to be more personal to the gamer.

Posted: January 21, 2010 10:34 AM
    GamerEdge+
  • tsiper29

I can't wait for ME 2 man this is going to be one awesome game!!!! I have over 200 hrs in the first one with many different sheppards I can't wait to load them in and see the differences with their storie's! I hope the mako is still there I loved that thing, I am glad they made the armour and weapons more customizable that was definetly missing in the first one! Only 6 more days and my wife become's a ME 2 widow!

Posted: January 21, 2010 9:32 AM
    tsiper29
  • Thakker

And whats the deal with the framerate? I was getting 60fps on my PC @ 1680x1050 with 8x anti aliasing.. more fps on the console means bad.. smaller maps, lesser objects on screen, lesser AI enemeies at once..

Posted: January 21, 2010 9:30 AM
    Thakker
  • Thakker

Looks pretty much the same to me... I thought teh opening scene was the actual combat itself.. wouldve peed my pants if that what was comming to us.

Posted: January 21, 2010 9:28 AM
    Thakker
  • topgamer101

To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of all this coverage, cause a few things have been spoiled already. Problem is, I'm rather bored and no other games are really coming out around this time I care about... -.-

Posted: January 21, 2010 9:11 AM
    topgamer101
  • dongablor123

why is this only for 360! i played the first one but then my 360 broke and i got a ps3. Now i can't play it

Posted: January 21, 2010 3:12 AM
    dongablor123
  • bluespyman

I have been waiting for this game for what seems like an eternity. I have over 120 hrs logged on the first one already. I agree with Renaissance Spam on the fuel thing. I don't want to have to worry about trying to find fuel to do missions but BIOWARE hasn't let me down yet! In fact I'm running through KOTOR again. But I digress...I can't wait for this game. I'm sure my weekends will be filled with ME2 instead of adult beverages for the next couple months!

Posted: January 20, 2010 9:46 PM
    bluespyman
  • Shadowhawk4735

News Flash:

The Galaxy has indeed been found to be made of Shepard's Pie. Despite past rumors that the moon was made of cheese being discovered to be untrue, this interesting new revelation holds promise for a delicious experience for humanity and it's fellow sentient species. Yummy! :)

Posted: January 20, 2010 9:21 PM
  • Topshonuff

I just hope they don't have that damn SUV vehicle in Mass Effects 2. I hated climbing those rugged mountains just to get some rare minerals.. The other thing is weapons having Ammo count.. What da hell there was no reload in the 1st one.. Other than that the game looks great.. Way better than Final Fantasy games..

Posted: January 20, 2010 9:05 PM
    Topshonuff
  • IHateChrisGore

The game looks incredible. The combat, the exploration, frame-rate, etc. Everything looks vastly improved upon from the first game.

Posted: January 20, 2010 6:57 PM
    IHateChrisGore
  • kilCanvas

Only a few more days.....

Posted: January 20, 2010 6:25 PM
    kilCanvas
  • Renaissance Spam

I like the way that Mass Effect 2 is developing, although I am mildly concerned that the 'fuel' system is going to be an exercise in frustration OR a non-impacting concept that exists for effect versus any real substance. That being said I appreciate the sense of realism they're trying to convey and hopefully the vehicle controls will have been improved (although I didn't find it nearly as frustrating as most people seemed to. Must be some mixture of poor driving skills and lacking controls creating a sum greater than its parts.)

Posted: January 20, 2010 2:07 PM