Feedback: Army Of Two: The 40th Day Edition

Posted: January 14, 2010
Feedback: Army Of Two: The 40th Day Edition
Adam, Patrick, Abbie and Jake sum up CES, chat about the next Zelda, and dance around touchy subjects with Army of Two: The 40th Day.

• Battlegamian

When Patrick mention the thing about the Subwoofer platform from CES I remembered a scene from Mr. Hollands Opus where, after experiencing a "visual concert", Mr holland's son gets so excited he plays a record at home, maxing out the volume and sits on top of the speaker (to better feel the vibrations I guess). Perhaps thats what the makers of this were thinking.

Posted: January 22, 2010 3:38 PM
    Battlegamian
  • BaronVonWhittico

One last thing. Well, two.

1. Props to Abbie on a funny Leno comment (Team Coco)
    2. Also excited for NBA Jam and they had BETTER use Bonerjam!

Posted: January 21, 2010 5:08 PM
    BaronVonWhittico
  • BaronVonWhittico

I just now noticed how much I like the camerawork on this show, that being A LOT. The whole handheld thing with the zoom ins and tilted camera angles actually had me watching the show and not just listening to it. It felt a lot more organic than just a set camera and I love the general feel of being able to see them inside of the studio so thanks for that.

I know this is from last week, but still. About the Army of Two thing: I haven't actually played the game, but I don't feel that videogames should be limited to strictly PG stuff. I think if a game is mature and the story kind of leads into a somewhat shocking moment, then yeah go for it. Don't be explicit just for the sake of it, but treat this as if it were an R-rated movie that has a tasteful handling of sensitive topics. Do that, and maybe people might actually respect the game a little bit more.

On an entirely different note that might invalidate the slight sophistication of my last statement:
    ...did anyone else think it was really adorable how Abbie Heppe said "no" in response to Assassin's Creed multiplayer? Not in a creepy way (though me saying that doesn't help), but more of a "aw, that's cute way" ...I'll be going now

Posted: January 21, 2010 5:05 PM
    BaronVonWhittico
  • snakeeatingmouse

There's no debate that multiplayer in gaming is on the rise, so much so, that it's become a necessary staple for a game to be taken seriously. My question to you guys is what do you see the future of single-player gaming to be?

As an avid single-player gamer, I'm worried the industry will be overrun by such a strong multiplayer emphasis, single-player gaming will be lost to the wayside.

Posted: January 20, 2010 12:26 PM
    snakeeatingmouse
  • bebopkid501

they should make assasins creed 3 in fuedal japan its the perfect era beacuse of all the warring clan and then there are ninjas which would be perfect. There would be samurai and ninja swords and they could still use the guns and smoke and poison as well there is so much to explore in fuedal japan

Posted: January 19, 2010 1:48 PM
    bebopkid501
  • novasolid

the guy that reviewed army of two needs 2 get off the review crew. the game was average at best 3 out of 5. if i would have known people like him where reviewing games i would have stoped taking there advice from xplay a long time ago.
    p.s. think god for demos!!!!!

Posted: January 19, 2010 12:02 PM
    novasolid
  • oXb3

anyone have an idea when this will be on a podcast?

Posted: January 18, 2010 8:09 PM
    oXb3
  • bluepheonixia

natal + 3D might be cool, but i haven't seen enough of natal to care about it yet

Posted: January 18, 2010 9:01 AM
    bluepheonixia
  • pino227

When will this be posted in the RSS feed? My commutes have been a little boring without this to download on my iPod.

Posted: January 18, 2010 5:30 AM
    pino227
  • pazuzu414

I have watched each episode so far, waiting for the gnome who lives in Klepek's hair to pop into the discussion. How much longer must I wait?

Posted: January 18, 2010 12:42 AM
    pazuzu414
  • daemonbellum

I'm glad to see that you all aren't going crazy over 3-D. Until we get holodecks a la Star Trek, it just seems like a very small (and not necessarily good) technological step that is much more expensive than it's worth.

Posted: January 17, 2010 6:09 PM
    daemonbellum
  • lordfoulsbane2

It's perplexing to me when Patrick says he stood in line at GameStop behind 12 people to buy a game or Abbie says she went out and bought some game. Since it seems to be a job requirement that all of you has mastered every game known to man on every console available, shouldn't G4 be providing these games to you for free? What's up with that?

Posted: January 17, 2010 5:03 AM

lordlemming
  • zenith_of_power

what was that word that adam used at 1:58...lovian? i cant figure it out

Posted: January 16, 2010 8:54 PM
    zenith_of_power
  • RandyMercer

First I want to say 3D gaming, they can stop now, it's unnecessary. Secondly, in regards to Army of Two: the 40th Day, if it's a random moment in the morality thingy (yeah thingy), it might have been unnecessary, where as MW2 was somewhat necessary since it was like a conduit to the following events. Sooo it might have been unnecessary.

Posted: January 16, 2010 4:59 PM
    RandyMercer
  • shyguy

Team COCO!!!!!!

Posted: January 16, 2010 4:18 PM
  • Jaime_el_duende

Ever since I heard about the DS2 rumors I've been wondering... Will there be backwards compatibility ? If so does that mean we are just getting a "new" DS with improved graphics, online capabilities and what not? Or do you guys think they will create a completely new portable system that does not involve the touch screen and just forget about the DS and get ALL the people who bought a DS to buy a new system?

Posted: January 16, 2010 1:46 PM
    Jaime_el_duende
  • GHOSTY009

I'm not a rich man in the slightest, so whenever talk about new trends taking over pops up, I admittedly get very worried. I think every gamer at one point in their life has had to decide console VS computer gaming and I chose console for the simple fact that I don't have to spend 3 grand every couple of years or so to play the latest game. I've no doubt that 3-D tech could prove innovative or fun for some games, but the sheer investment being required at this time to take part in that experience is staggering. I do not want games that require me to have expensive add-ons or require wearing idiotic glasses to enjoy my gaming experience. With all tech, I'm sure that as it ages it will come down in price but strictly from a fiscal perspective, 3-D gaming is very unrealistic. From a game oriented view I think that ultimately 3-D would prove to sever the immersion in a game rather than increase it. That's not to say some wouldn't do it quite well, but I fear it would be the exception rather than the rule.

Posted: January 16, 2010 12:07 AM
    GHOSTY009
  • troublebruin

I subscribe to this via iTunes, and the newest still hasn't shown up.

Posted: January 15, 2010 8:01 PM