Dark Void Legacy Developer Diary

Posted: January 14, 2010
Dark Void Legacy Developer Diary
Capcom and Airtight Games discuss the quality of gaming that has been produced by Capcom and how Dark Void seeks to add to the legacy of quality.

• diduknowudid

Hey guys listen to this Yesterday i was surfing youtube and came across this website

I Could not believe it the have any pc game i ever wished for

Modern warfare 2:
    http://www.pcgametube.net/20 09/11/call-of-duty-modern-warf are-2.html

"""""""""""""""""""

Posted: January 26, 2010 3:02 PM
    diduknowudid
  • TDWP171

I played the demo on both PS3 and 360, and the PS3 proved to be a lot more polished, meaning better framerate throughout, so if you played the 360 demo, expect the full game to be a lot more polished.

Posted: January 16, 2010 7:42 AM
    TDWP171
  • LoveLifeMusic

Looks good to me still on the fence but might buckle

Posted: January 14, 2010 3:33 PM
    LoveLifeMusic
  • Energy_Vampire1974

Did anyone play the demo more than once?
    The first playthru was a little disappointing for me and the controls seemed a bit strange, but the 2nd time I played it everything clicked and felt smooth and fluid.
    I think the demo is to short to give an accurate description of the game.
    I don't know if Xplay will give this a 3/5 or 4/5 but I can't freakin wait until release day.

Posted: January 14, 2010 2:14 PM
    Energy_Vampire1974
  • ColdSilence

I liked the demo but this has a potential to be better and follow with sequels/books that delve deeper into the story. I think the game will be pretty decent. If you have reservations, don't buy it, just GameFly it, or rent it from wherever else. Judging the demo as if it was the whole game is close-minded.

All games are potentially great. But alas, that's the nature of a fanboy, one game is better than all others, and the rest are garbage. Other games came first before the Halos, or Gears of War games or even WoW. Hell, Nintendo created the original iteration of the game controller we know today, and now they've done it again with the Wii and motion controls. Now everyone is jumping on the band wagon with the next best thing, but I digress. Without a past, there is no future, and all that jazz. In any case, the 19th is closing in and we'll all know if the full game is worth it or not.

Posted: January 14, 2010 2:09 PM
    ColdSilence
  • mathiasreese

The main thing that turned me off of this game immediately were the poorly designed menus, typography, etc. It looked clunky and amateurish. The controls were frustrating for me as well. I wasn't blown away by the graphics, but they didn't make me laugh either. I wouldn't want to have this as my "flagship". I enjoyed playing the Iron Man demo more than this, and look how the game ended up.

Perhaps the demo doesn't represent the game well? I guess we'll see.

Posted: January 14, 2010 11:49 AM
    mathiasreese
  • BigPoppaChunk

just as bad as fracture for goodness sakes how can gamemakers spend 20 million on this crap. give me 20 million and i'll make a game better then this or atleast higher people to for me and sell millions more screw ip's straight up rip off gears of war and do it exact im talking yah i stole it so what and make ie exclusive to sony come on like this crap sucks i bet none on sony 's psn would care if the story was good or not. hell dont even do a story just a sweet azz 3rd person shooter with tight controls and powerful weapons and blood and gibs and custom characters capcom please add cover run and shooting abilty to resident evil graphics, guns ,maps and un frankenstein your characters let em roll dive and slide jump like uncharted 2 does but guns that are like unreal tournament 3 i'd buy that

Posted: January 14, 2010 10:57 AM
    BigPoppaChunk
  • menace852

I'm hoping that this game surprises everyone. I like the fact that the controls feel like crimson skies, because I love that game. There seems to be a few similarities. Alternate timelines and the main character, although not completely. The visuals were pretty unimpressive but looking beyond that, this is the closest thing to a Crimson Skies sequel that I've seen. And Honestly, I want this game to succeed. I'm going to give it a chance.

Posted: January 14, 2010 10:53 AM
    menace852
  • JPizzle151

I downloaded the demo; I really thought the game was terrible. I don't intend to buy this and Lost Planet is still the best IP Capcom has put out recently

Posted: January 14, 2010 10:24 AM