Spider-Man 4 Reboot News

Posted: January 12, 2010
Spider-Man 4 Reboot News

Yesterday, movie geeks were dismayed to learn that Sam Raimi and Sony had officially parted ways, leaving the fate of 'Spider-Man 4' up in the air. Kevin Pereira talks to Jeff Katz from GeeKWeek.com and HitFix.com's Drew McWeeny about Sony's reboot script from Jamie Vanderbilt and what's in store for Spidey fans everywhere. Comic book geeks the world over are very nervous right now.

• joeydebird

do a sequel, dammit!

Posted: March 2, 2010 10:02 AM
    joeydebird
  • joeydebird

Its WAAAY to early to try doing a remake

Posted: March 2, 2010 10:02 AM
    joeydebird
  • joeydebird

a remake of the series has to be the worst idea that I have ever heard from this franchise! (Yes, even worse than Eric Foreman Venom)
    This means that many of the characters you were lining up to see are probably never coming to the screen. This means starting all over again from square one, SQUARE ONE, PEOPLE! This means that if you have a life expectancy of five years, and you were either waiting to see Venom re-appear in the series, or see the Venom movie with some sort of interconnecting theme to the last three movies, you would see this add an go " Oh, Come on!"
    Also, that means that the villains you were peobably lining up to see in 4, 5, and 6 "Lizard, Vulture, Electro, Kraven, Mysterio, Carnage" you would NEVER get to see. If they seriously try to pull this, I might rather see the franchise crash down in flames, and say "This is for wasting five years of my life! I wait years after spiderman 3, and THIS is how you repay me?!?! PHOOEY!"

Posted: March 2, 2010 10:01 AM
    joeydebird
  • river_tron

Mark my words. Aaron Johnson from Kick Ass WILL BE the next Spiderman. I'm not a fan of his or anything, but if you look forward down the Hollywood pipeline, it's hard not to imagine that they'll go for him (although Anton Yelchin would be an excellent choice as well).

After that flick hits this year, Sony WILL indeed go for Aaron Johnson. He even looks like Peter Parker. He's young, hungry, and probably won't command such a high paycheck to boot.

Posted: January 14, 2010 8:07 AM
    river_tron
  • Yeshua-Knight

I think that if they really want to do a "Spider-Man Reboot" maybe they should give consideration to perhaps Spider-Man 2099. I grant you, I'm not very familiar with that story, but it would be worth looking into IF that's the direction they really want to go in since it would allow for them to sort of retell the spider-man origin story.

Also I think Cera would make a good Peter Parker since it seems that virtually every role he takes he's some form of awkward young man which makes him the perfect choice for a very geeky Parker.

Posted: January 13, 2010 5:53 PM
    Yeshua-Knight
  • antonio1295

If Tobey isn't in SP4 I'm not going to see it. F Zac Efron

Posted: January 13, 2010 4:42 PM
    antonio1295
  • Fox Exec

People do know that Jeff Katz does not have any kind of producing credit on "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" no matter how many times he tells people he does or how many "news organizations" put it up on their screens because they didn't actually, oh, I don't know, go over to imdb or look at the credits and check?

Posted: January 13, 2010 9:07 AM
    Fox+Exec
  • sdc10

@sarid

You obviously no nothing about spiderman because Peter was in high school when he was bitten by the spider. That was one of the original controversies/taboos with Spidey when he was created, the fact that he was a teenager.

Posted: January 13, 2010 8:03 AM
    sdc10
  • sarid

so they want to do spiderman as a teenager....do they not even know he was never spiderman till he was biten when he was around 20? like srsly if they do this they WILL kill spiderman and nothing will be able to bring him back.

Posted: January 13, 2010 7:38 AM
    sarid
  • Shotty

IF sam wanted to setup the Vulture as the next villian then i agree with sony and can the director. Venom should have been a 2 part movie arc but instead a snow boarding goblin, cat liter box man and a waterd down venom took priority for sam...*gag!*..lets hope for the best and expect the worst.

Posted: January 12, 2010 8:35 PM
    Shotty
  • rerat

Hmmm I have faith in this. I don't know why, and I almost feel like I shouldn't, but I'm going to be positive about this. I could just be saying this because I'm a huge Spidey fan but who knows.

I'm not positive on who the cast would be. Definitely not Michael Cera, this just isn't his role and he is too old for it. Zac Efron has lately proven to me that he's actually a great actor, and I'm forgiving him for High School Musical, but again, he probably can't play a teenager for much longer. Hunter Parrish may be good, he's about 22 but he's been playing a teenager on Weeds and I can see him in the Spiderman suit... then again he may be too "jock" to play Peter Parker. I can totally see Anton Yelchin as Peter Parker but can he be a bad ass like Spiderman?

Mary Jane, in my opinion should be Dakota Fanning because lets face it, she's beautiful, and can do some serious acting. That's just my opinion.

Posted: January 12, 2010 8:12 PM