Dark Void Ground Combat Dev Diary

Posted: January 12, 2010
Dark Void Ground Combat Dev Diary
Dark Void developers discuss the ground combat abilities of their hover pack vs. the regular rocket pack in Capcom's high-flying action/shooter game.

• deathsdelivery

It's not good to form or start a base for an opinion of a game by its demo?
    Which is supposed to try and bring the customer interest up from what screenshots and stills provide?
    A turd is a turd, even when polished!
    They need to ship toilet paper with this one!

Posted: January 12, 2010 3:13 PM
    deathsdelivery
  • SWATMASTER66

I was prety excited to see this....until I saw this. Now I dont really thik the game is going to be as good as It cold be!

Posted: January 12, 2010 1:30 PM
    SWATMASTER66
  • sandboxgamer

I was really excited about this game but after playing the demo I am very skeptical.The flying controls feel very akward and that being and important part of the catch of the game that bothered me. The hovering in nice but the guns lack a certain power and your enemies take like 50 rounds before they die which is annoying. Also the cover system feels pretty sticky to me dosent have that uncharted or gears of war quality cover system.

Posted: January 12, 2010 12:37 PM
    sandboxgamer
  • blueboykc

there are some really childish ppl here..

Posted: January 12, 2010 12:21 PM
    blueboykc
  • justabum

the demo was decent..it did lack a..how cliche..wow factor..nothing grabbed me..the open flight controls were nice..unlike crimson skies that leveled you out after a second or two..i did manage to get stuck in a corner and had to restart the demo..i think it has potential..

Posted: January 12, 2010 12:18 PM
    justabum
  • Wozman23

The demo wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. And anything involving Nikola Tesla gets a free pass regardless of quality.

Posted: January 12, 2010 11:45 AM
    Wozman23
  • blueboykc

i usually dont make that many mistakes in spelling when i post..i was a little ticked off at the time..

and from what im seeing in the videos im thinking they are gonna slowly work you into the flying so maybe youll be used to the "frustrating controls" by they time you actually get to use the jet pack full on..

Posted: January 12, 2010 10:53 AM
    blueboykc
  • blueboykc

i dont understand all the hate for this game..i played the demo and it wasnt that bad..but it was just that a demo..a small sample of a much larger game..and as far as the controls go i think its just lazy to give up one them because they are different...

wait for the reviews from serious games and i think your gonna see a lot of high marks..

official playstaion mag already gave it a 4/5..

Posted: January 12, 2010 10:34 AM
    blueboykc
  • awa_style

i've seen this kind of game before, i think it was robotech... don't think i'm confused 'cuz i know that robotech was about the anime series with robots transfoming, but the gameplay felt oddly similar to the game. the demo just didn't do it for me and the graphics was ok, with a little texture problems. overall, i have the original robotech game for my xbox, and i'll stick to that.

Posted: January 12, 2010 10:27 AM
    awa_style
  • ayosean10

im callig it already 3/5

Posted: January 12, 2010 10:00 AM
    ayosean10
  • LoveLifeMusic

I getting this on day one, I love sleeper hits no one knows a great thing till years later

Posted: January 12, 2010 9:54 AM
    LoveLifeMusic
  • CMcCon342

I played the demo, and was not impressed. I loved Crimson Skies, so it sucks that this game didn't come out better. Flat graphics, frustrating controls, and...Nolan North....

I love Nolan North because of Uncharted. He is Nathan Drake. He really needs to stop voicing the main character for every freaking game. It is like a bad joke at this point.

Why would Ubisoft use the same voice actor for both the Prince of Persia and the Assassin?

To make matters worse, he plays the exact same type of character in Dark Void as he does in Uncharted, brash, witty, tough but likable. Grrr, it's too much.

And like I said, the gameplay sucks too.

Posted: January 12, 2010 9:50 AM