Blood Bowl US Retail Teaser

Posted: December 29, 2009
Blood Bowl US Retail Teaser
Looking for another take on "Fantasy Football"? Cyanide Studios and Games Workshop announces Blood Bowl for retail release on the PC, 360 and PSP.

• jmj4

I got the Xbox 360 game last week and haven't stopped playing it since. Awesome game for fans of deep, turn based strategy. I can't wait for the PSP version in April !

Posted: February 17, 2010 10:34 AM
    jmj4
  • poker909

Word. This is a 20+ year old franchise. You can buy the board game from any decent hobby shop.

Posted: December 31, 2009 2:57 PM
    poker909
  • Blue_Vortex

Damn it, another game idea I had a couple years ago that some one else is making now. I need to start making these ideas before other developers think of them... Then again my idea wasn't exactly the same, but close enough!

Posted: December 30, 2009 3:32 PM
    Blue_Vortex
  • thunderbob18

the game looks so awesome!! I have Blitz the league for x box but it doesnt look as cool as this

Posted: December 30, 2009 10:19 AM
    thunderbob18
  • swordgoatz

I think that its very strange this article failed to mention that this game is based on a Games Workshop (the guys who brought you Warhammer) board game that is actually incredibly fun and is in my top 3 board games of all time. For all you people thinking "Gosh who came up with this idea?" it was Games Workshop. You should play it sometime (the unplugged version).

You know, multiplayer games are a lot older than you think. They just took place around a table and not a console.

If you want to expand your knowledge, check out boardgamegeek.com

Oh, and by the way, that Magic card game on Xbox live is also based on a real card game. If you didn't know.

Posted: December 30, 2009 9:26 AM
    swordgoatz
  • PCTech714

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT..."
    First, the article mentions it was no initially available at retail. Second, the game is out of print and not available for purchase at Amazon (I just checked). Third, there was never a 360 release of the game, so yes, we WILL have to wait.

On a brighter note, played the original board game and the DOS version when I was younger and it was a lot of fun. I'll probably pick it up for the 360 when it's released.

Posted: December 30, 2009 8:25 AM
    PCTech714
  • Aussie_Jedi

I am confused... I have this game. I live in Canada and amazon.com have it for sale right now. Don't wait people, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT.

Posted: December 30, 2009 3:59 AM
    Aussie_Jedi
  • bsuvincent

I am actually a fan of the Games Workshop game that this spawned from. Hopefully they do it right!

Posted: December 30, 2009 12:54 AM
    bsuvincent
  • djboogymonster

(Adding #03 to my fantasy football defensive line.)

Posted: December 29, 2009 11:19 PM
    djboogymonster
  • Matt731

come on, REALLY?

Posted: December 29, 2009 9:53 PM
    Matt731
  • mckin3228

really reminds me of mario strikers: charged. Which is still one of my fav wii games. I'll keep my eyes open for this one

Posted: December 29, 2009 9:46 PM
    mckin3228
  • Socalmic47

I really want this game to be good because I miss Mutant League Football. Problem with this trailer is that anyone can have decent cut scenes these days. If the game play doesn't hold up, this game will bomb.

Posted: December 29, 2009 8:45 PM
    Socalmic47
  • PretentiousName01

best football game since super tecmo bowl?

Posted: December 29, 2009 8:00 PM
    PretentiousName01
  • diescreaming

Like blitz but much funnier to hurt people!

Posted: December 29, 2009 7:57 PM
    diescreaming
  • EatLordShimo

I'm all for this!!!

Posted: December 29, 2009 7:07 PM
    EatLordShimo
  • Estepahead

I guess no race whether real or fictitious has nothing better to do then play football. I wonder if they are playing for a ring, a magical ring perhaps, that might let one conquer the world?

Posted: December 29, 2009 6:50 PM
    Estepahead
  • scottyrob82

I want a new Mutant League Football game.

Posted: December 29, 2009 6:46 PM