Mr. Sark's Top Five Shooters of All Time

Posted: December 23, 2009
Mr. Sark's Top Five Shooters of All Time
Mr. Sark wants you to know what his Top 5 favorite shooters are, including 'Team Fortress,' 'Battlefield,' 'Ghost Recon,' 'Call of Duty,' and, of course, 'Halo.'

• DRCMessiah

Am I missing something? This is called "Mr. Sark's Top Five Shooters of All Time" and he clearly says in the begining that this are his Current favorites.

Posted: December 29, 2010 10:52 AM

• gearsfan1549

mine:
    5.borderlands
    4.cod:wow
    3.fallout3
    2.cod:mw2 of course
    1.gears of war 2 (absolutly cannot wait for 3)

Posted: August 19, 2010 7:06 PM
    gearsfan1549
  • Jordanb1010

Ummm... Why is there no Doom in any of these lists? thats's my personal best fps, even if it doesn't have multiplayer multiplayer.

Posted: July 2, 2010 11:20 PM
  • My_goofs_all_talked_up

Those are excellent games but I believe that Multiplayer is what makes games great mainly because the fact you aren't restricted to what the producers want you to fight like.Kinda like Rising Sun, the game rules but if you ever went online with it you'll notice once you get within 15 feet of each other the noobs start straffing wildly.Thats just a translation of how unrealistic it was.But if you play older games such as VanGuard AirBorne Call of DutyMW2 & 4 the noobs get slaughtered, just as it would be in real life.But these are also the reasons I agree strongly with the video above

Posted: June 21, 2010 3:35 PM
    My_goofs_all_talked_up
  • dr.no95

halo sucks at one point i loved that game but the ability not to aim down the sites sucks i mean oh yes look at me i am running around 500 years from now and im firing from the hip and the same with halo 3 odst they are humans helmet aim asisit or not it flat out is terrible.

Posted: May 31, 2010 8:31 AM

5. borderlands

Posted: April 14, 2010 12:59 PM
  • jcaraway2010

My list:

1: Call of Duty series
    2: 007:Goldeneye (N64)
    3: Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
    4: Perfect Dark (N64)
    5: Gears of War

Halo is for and only for RETARDS !!!!!!!!!!

Posted: March 31, 2010 3:24 PM
    jcaraway2010
  • Reaver01

5.) Goldeneye 007 (EPIC!!!)
    4.) Resistance (online is meeeh, mainly campaign)
    3.) MoH (The founder of the CoD series and prefer it over CoD)
    2.) Killzone2 (has alot of potential, still fun but needs some work)
    1.) Battlefield ( Every time it gets better n better, n closer to the real thing)

Posted: February 22, 2010 10:39 PM
    Reaver01
  • enissor

5: unreal seires
    4: half life (and its mods CS and NS)
    3: Cod series cept MW2 the pc version is sub par compared to MW1
    2: honestly planetside or BF series
    1: the original first dedi server QUAKE series

mouse and keyboard the way the games ARE DESIGNED to be played

Posted: January 8, 2010 9:20 PM
    enissor
  • HARBO

All of you need history lessons. Screw Goldeneye. That was just a slow paced bland rehash of Quake2. I would have to say Quake2 needs to be in the list. It was the first fps game to take advantage of opengl and modding. It's versatility kept the game popular for a very very long time. It made deathmatch one of the most popular things to be played online. I can understand if some of you are too young to have ever played Quake2 or any of the quake series but it really was the most revolutionary game for years. There is no fps game that can compare to Q2.

Posted: January 8, 2010 6:48 PM
    HARBO
  • Davemustard16

for my list i disagreed with mr sark dont get me wrong i like all of the games he put up but still i wouldn't pick some of them for my top 5 mabye top ten they would be in
    5)resistance
    4)Borderlands
    3)left 4 dead
    2)halo
    1) call of duty

Posted: January 8, 2010 12:14 PM
    Davemustard16
  • Trippjwp

Sorry Mr Sark, but I have to disagree with you here. I understand many of your choices, but to title your list the top five shooters of all time? Someone needs a history lesson. Maybe just the best shooters of the decade, tying in the whole 2010 thing. Im gonna have to agree with everyone else in this thread and say not including Goldeneye for the N64 is a disgrace. Thats like making a timeline of rock and leaving out Elvis and the British invasion. Although Modern Warfare is a great game, and I am in love with Team Fortress 2, I think a little more love should be shown to the roots of gaming. Reflect a little more Sark. Im only 17, but apparently I remember the Goldeneye glory days better than some

Posted: January 4, 2010 7:22 PM
    Trippjwp
  • KingOfOldSkool

I think if Killzone and Resistance get a solid 3 rd iteration those series should deserve some more cred and attention.. their MP is often criminally overlooked.

Posted: December 31, 2009 9:54 PM
    KingOfOldSkool
  • SourProphit

I almost agree with Sark's list. My top 5:

5) Unreal Tournament
    4) Half-Life (and mods)
    3) Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six (until they ruined the franchise with Vegas)
    2) Battlefield
    1) Halo

Honorable mentions to games like Resistance, COD, and the niche genre of actual shooter simulator aka America's Army/Flashpoint/ArmA

Posted: December 30, 2009 9:30 AM
    SourProphit
  • TF-141

dude i love all of those games

Posted: December 30, 2009 7:06 AM
    TF-141
  • TF-141

WOOOOH

Posted: December 30, 2009 7:04 AM
    TF-141
  • Jemuzu

I can't say much outside of the 360 since thats all I own. But this is my list based on what I've played.

1. Goldeneye N64, yes again, I grew up with this game and loved it.
    2. COD series (I place it hesitantly since its latest release while REALLY fun has a LOT of camping and spawn camping...)
    3. Battlefield series
    4. Halo (Yea its fourth in my list. Love the game, but I've grown tired of all the jumping around and weapon grabbing and being stuck with teams that don't know the difference between the front and back end of a BR)
    5. Americas Army 3.0

Not to throw foul but to the last commentor does Half Life even have Multiplayer? Not a issue but it just seemed that most of these games were judged on their multiplayer prowess.

Posted: December 28, 2009 4:01 PM
    Jemuzu
  • ThePiousPriest

I smell 360 fanboyism ALL OVER this list, here is a legit list:

Half Life Series
    Battlefield Series
    COD Series
    Counter Strike Series
    Halo Series

Accuse me of PC Fanboysim if you will, but I'm basing this list in rank based upon the amount of success over a period of time. The series that lasts longest with the most amount of success wins in my book. While Halo has had a lot of success in recent years, it's a relative new comer on the scene versus that of Half Life, Battlefield, etc.

Posted: December 27, 2009 10:21 AM