Sessler's Soapbox: Congratulations Uncharted 2

Posted: December 16, 2009
Sessler's Soapbox: Congratulations Uncharted 2
Adam talks about what made Uncharted 2 X-Play's choice for Game of the Year.

• MrUnstable

i agree it was a good game and the writing was some of the best i've ever seen in a game but i don't think this should have been game of the year and no i'm not on of those people who say that mw2 should have won because its call of duty the only reason that i think that it shouldn't have been game of the year is when i played it was one of those games that i would play for an hour then put it down and i think that a game of the year should be a game that you never want to put down but it is still a good game i'm not bashing uncharted i just think that it shouldn't have been game of the year.

Posted: January 18, 2010 7:25 AM
    MrUnstable
  • rasieralma

Good call Adam Naughty has jumped back up from its previous games. Uncharted is indeed a game worth playing.

Posted: January 8, 2010 9:53 AM
    rasieralma
  • wadethemage

I agree with all of the winners for every category, except that I really wanted the claptrap for best new character.

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:52 PM
    wadethemage
  • mastered

been waiting to get enough money for a new game for months now and uncharted 2 is definitely close to the top of the list along with other nominations. wish i didn't have to eat.

also why do some really good games only come out on one system. people with other systems have feelings too.

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:46 PM
    mastered
  • residenteviljill10

wow that the game of the year it was good but not game of the year come on CODMW2 was a a way better game

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:42 PM
    residenteviljill10
  • Resist_4_Ever

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story: Best RPG...

What were you guys smoking? OMFG.
    Are you trying to start a full scale war?

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:29 PM
    Resist_4_Ever
  • Fex_Anderson

Well earned, Naughty Dog.

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:29 PM
    Fex_Anderson
  • sadmoo

this year has some great games...thumbs up for uncharterd2 and xplay,good choice,although i expected assassins creed2 to win..no matter they are all great games,looking forward to 2010.....

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:21 PM
    sadmoo
  • suryu

ooh well it won vga 2 but idk i can't play ps3 down grrrrrrrrr ooh adam looks like micheal c hall for dexter =} you should have seen him in the season finaly of dexter with the shaved head lol

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:15 PM
    suryu
  • edgeofblade

I wish Infamous would have gotten some more love. It was a nice little power-trippy game, but it didn't get the love it deserved.

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:11 PM
    edgeofblade
  • lfrancis

Uncharted 2 proves that PS3 HAVE WORTHY GAMES!
    Studios like Naughty Dog & Insomnia are really taking advantage of the remarkable system the PS3 really is.
    Now I want to see other companies tap into the PS3 the same way.
    We can see even more unbelievable great games!
    Why do studios have to lower there standards to a 360?
    There is so much potential with PS3! (I'm talking to you VALVE people!)

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:02 PM
    lfrancis
  • Utmost_NutsZo

Playing U2 was the first time I was ever sad that a game ended. While I LOVED MGS4 and Killzone 2, I was glad when they ended because I felt it was time for the experience to conclude. With Uncharted 2, I never thought about it ending - I was having too much playing. I was too invested in the characters. I was too taken with the story. Ending? Didn't cross my mind, just like when you're watching a great movie. When the credits rolled, I was ecstatic about the experience I just had, but fairly sad to know that it was over. I fully intend to play it again after I clear out some of my huge backlog.

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:01 PM
    Utmost_NutsZo
  • MartinJohnstone

Cant really say i played them all only being a PC gamer but i do have MW2 and Borderlands both excellent. But i did check out Uncharted 2 on a walk through website and instead of just checking it out ended up spending a weekend watching the whole thing it was not only game of the year but could easily be movie of the year. Now i am itching to get a PS3 just to play this game.

Posted: December 16, 2009 1:59 PM
    MartinJohnstone
  • Metalstorm98

while i expected this to go to MW2 there really was no wrong descision... congratulations to Uncharted 2 and every one at Naughty Dog as well as SONY whos marketing campaign certainly contributed to the games sucess... I really would like to find a way to play this but unfortunately i do not have a ps3 nor do i have a friend with one that plans on buying the game any time soon (despite my nagging)... once again good job everyone involved

Posted: December 16, 2009 1:57 PM
    Metalstorm98
  • Sigil

Congrats Naughty Dog!

Posted: December 16, 2009 1:43 PM
    Sigil
  • EchoEpsilon

I want a PS3 so I can play this game and inFamous, but I already have an Xbox and I'm sure my mom won't buy me a second console. She already thinks I play too many videogames.

Posted: December 16, 2009 1:34 PM
    EchoEpsilon
  • Cgreenman

I agree it is an amazing game that i have played, however the Enemy AI and weak gunplay plagued part one also. I wanted more puzzles and climbing and less gunplay!

Posted: December 16, 2009 1:33 PM
    Cgreenman
  • EchoEpsilon

Move a little to the right Adam. You're blocking the movie.

Posted: December 16, 2009 1:32 PM
    EchoEpsilon
  • makessense

Thank God. Uncharted 2 deserved it. Love Modern Warfare 2, but Uncharted 2 was just plain better.

Posted: December 16, 2009 1:26 PM
    makessense
  • myMaddness

How long before we get another game of this level? Does anyone want to venture a guess?

Posted: December 16, 2009 1:22 PM