Best of 2009: Game of the Year

Posted: December 15, 2009
Best of 2009: Game of the Year
X-Play presents the Best of 2009 Award for Game of the Year. The nominees are Assassin's Creed II, Borderlands, inFamous, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Watch to find out the winner!

• BadgerTycoon

woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uncharted 2!!!!!!!!! knew it would win, seen lots of forums from xbox owners blasting it, saying its crap, skrew em. the ps3 finally gets a really good game and they're pissed

Posted: December 19, 2009 8:00 PM
    BadgerTycoon
  • Silky08

Yayyy go Uncharted 2!!!

Posted: December 18, 2009 9:40 AM
    Silky08
  • swissguy007

personaly I would have chosen Assassin's creed 2, but Uncharted 2 was awsome

Posted: December 17, 2009 4:47 PM
    swissguy007
  • cod4Sniper

OK Love X-play and everything, but G4 made a bad decision on GOTY. MW2 is an incredible game. Nobody is giving the campaign or Spec Ops any credit, tons of replay ability with bith. Not even considering the fact that the multiplayer is probably the best multiplayer over the last few years. The multiplayer shouldve clinched it for GOTY. Not hating on Uncharted 2, but MW2 is incredible.
    @zombisnypr
    Dont give me any crap, cuz i don't want to hear it.

Posted: December 17, 2009 4:07 PM
    cod4Sniper
  • natureskid

Hey Kevin Perine (sp) YOU nailed it. and no one else thought it had a chance...

WAY TO GO GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: December 17, 2009 3:46 PM
    natureskid
  • ZombiSnypr

People love to be haters just to stand out and be different. No one listens to people who can't form a logical argument. Look, I'm a tried and true Xboxer who's currently addicted to MW2 on it. I also bought a PS3 a few months back for MLB09 and Blu-Ray playback. The reviews for Uncharted 2 wowed be so much that I purchased the game and was glad to see that every dollar spent was worth it.
    The rapid interweaving of cinema and gameplay is something not seen in a lot of titles. The storyline is compelling, humorous, and more action packed than most titles out there. This sequel builds a great deal on the original and feels much more fluid. It also takes the best aspects from a lot of next-gen titles, but never feels as if it's lifting as much as it is recreating and using those pieces to build a game with a great deal of depth and replayability. It feels like I'm playing a movie that I don't want to end, but can't wait to see what's waiting around the corner.
    I think this was the general consensus and why it was nominated for and WON game of the year not only on X-Play, but on the VGAs and even CNN as well.
    Not liking the title is one thing, but putting it down in the face of all its merits just because you felt your favorite game should have won is not in any way proper criticism.

Posted: December 17, 2009 1:11 PM
    ZombiSnypr
  • revan9201

@unchsucks

what makes Uncharted a bad series? it's apparently more than popular enough to win. maybe you might not like it, but at least give us SPECIFICS. I'm an xbox guy myself but I'm not afraid to admit that Uncharted was a quality game that deserves recognition. I only wish I could enjoy it, I mean gees guys if we could get Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo to join forces they would easily be able to conquer the world. but anyways don't just hate on a game, at least give reasons so you don't come off as a troll.

Posted: December 16, 2009 7:06 PM
    revan9201
  • Davon14

@ unchsucks
    really i own a xbox and a ps3 and played all those games borderland sucks batman is good but it gets old after a while and it is most def not better than uncharted or assassins creed 2 or infamous.
    batman not worhty of nomination you must play xbox more.

Posted: December 16, 2009 6:26 PM
    Davon14
  • unchsucks

uncharted series is the biggest piece of donkey dung ever made and does not deserve to be game of the year. and Xplay im really disappointed in the nominees i really think you guys got paid boatloads of cash by sony and sold out. really Infamous a nominee thats another piece of dung to go along with uncharted. i can see borderlands being there. where was batman? batman was a million times better than infamous and uncharted and before everyone goes off and calls me a sony hater or xbox fanboy i own all three consoles and play all three i bought batman on my ps3 so fanboyisim is not the thing here i just think uncharted is unworthy of the award and infamous is unworthy of even a friggin nomination thats my 2cents

Posted: December 16, 2009 5:47 PM
    unchsucks
  • the_azure_knight

Uncharted 2 deserved GOTY above everyone else hands down great choice X-play

Posted: December 16, 2009 12:29 PM
    the_azure_knight
  • turtle21

booooooooooooo, COD2 shouldve won

Posted: December 16, 2009 12:24 PM
    turtle21
  • BlackLable69

All great games, good choice though, looking good Morgan.

Posted: December 16, 2009 12:53 AM
    BlackLable69
  • lllwarlll

^Yes it is and the multilayer is too.

Posted: December 15, 2009 5:41 PM
    lllwarlll
  • ochoaqdavid

Definitely, best choice.

Sure is the Game of the Year, best game I have ever played.

Posted: December 15, 2009 4:14 PM