Best of 2009: Best Role-Playing Game

Posted: December 15, 2009
Best of 2009: Best Role-Playing Game
X-Play presents the Best of 2009 Award for Best Role-Playing Game. The nominees are Demon's Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor and Torchlight.

• The_Masked_Donut

Um... Wow. Screw all of you mario haters. Firstly, it did get a 5 out of 5, not a 4. Secondly, I'm fairly certain none of you have actually played it. I haven't played Dragon's age, so I can't really comment on that except that on first instinct, it looks like just another bioware rpg [albeit it well polished and put together and whatnot]. I'm playing Mario and Luigi right now, and I'm having a blast with it. It's creatively absurd and very funny. Not to mention it's got a great turn-based battle system. As good as Dragon age likely is, it doesn't appear to have anything fresh about, which, very ironically, Mario & Luigi do. But most importantly: It's a flipping online awards show! Who cares whether your game wins or not!

Posted: January 13, 2010 10:18 PM
    The_Masked_Donut
  • cheesepwnage

wtf g4 come on i mean mario=best rpg?!?!?! thats not soposed to hapen.

Posted: December 16, 2009 8:10 PM
    cheesepwnage
  • LilVinny

who voted on this one? This is outreagous...Mario against Dragon Age and Mario wins!! Takes out the credibility of this award.

You cant have better this year then Dragon Age!

Posted: December 16, 2009 6:23 PM
    LilVinny
  • Wbran909

Screw you Mario!

Posted: December 16, 2009 3:26 PM
    Wbran909
  • Wbran909

Draqon Age is number one! The most fun with an RPG ive had since Knights of the Old Republic.

Posted: December 16, 2009 3:25 PM
    Wbran909
  • the_azure_knight

I liked this game but everyone would probably agree with me that this was the biggest upset of the awards but hey i liked Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story so i can agree with the choice ( I havent played dragon age yet so i wouldnt know how i good it is). How ever if i got to pick best RPG of the year I would say it goes to Demon Souls simply because it was a game that required stradiegy and not just run in and hack everything you see.

Posted: December 16, 2009 2:11 PM
    the_azure_knight
  • UltraViolence74

wtf??? i played all these games... i would not have picked that at all.

Posted: December 16, 2009 11:15 AM
    UltraViolence74
  • internetwarrior

Doesn't seem like you went with this choice because it'll get you hits, not at all.

Poor form mang, poor form.

Posted: December 16, 2009 10:41 AM
    internetwarrior
  • Johnatron

I agree with puffdaddyben too and thats a good point dragon age gets a 5 and that mario game gets a 4 and wins best RPG? wtf???

Posted: December 16, 2009 7:32 AM
    Johnatron
  • aidano

I completely agree with puffdaddyben.

Posted: December 15, 2009 6:13 PM
    aidano
  • puffdaddyben

Wait WHAT.... Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story really. so a hand held game beats great game like Dragon Age. X play i've supported almost every choice you made in the past but let just think for one second. Dragon age get a 5 out 5 but mario only get 4 out 5. also were you guys just trying to plz fanboys or were you guys just being stupid. I am not a fanboy BUT to me it seems a game which offers great story,fun and challenging game play, and giant amount to explore. sadly this just a opinion from man on his computer.

Posted: December 15, 2009 4:51 PM