Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Debut Trailer

Posted: December 14, 2009
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Debut Trailer
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is the next chapter in the fan-favorite Sands of Time universe. Visiting his brother's kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction.

• Oddreign

I like the new game but the protagonist strangely looks Caucasian. Maybe they should rename it "American Prince in Iraq Formerly known as Persia: The Forgotten Sands"

Posted: March 9, 2010 4:14 PM
    Oddreign
  • somebodyissilent

I don`t like the Prince`s new look,I know it`s HD but still.

Posted: February 24, 2010 8:47 PM
    somebodyissilent
  • Vesuvian Ast3r1x

So long as the game carries the same feeling as the 1st & 3rd games then it's a buy, that 2nd game "Warrior Within" was a sore & unneeded deviation from the true PoP experience with all that rock & hardcore crap gimme the sweet, cool, enjoyable eastern style music any day.

Posted: December 16, 2009 4:08 AM
  • sephirothcloud

I just started playing the Sands of Time and I gotta say, its nice to see the original Prince Back in action

Posted: December 16, 2009 12:52 AM
    sephirothcloud
  • TreFacTor

This game will make history in so many ways.

1-The first movie tie in game that will be better than the actual movie itself... (sorry i can't get over the lead characters previous role in broke back mountain ugggggh!)

2-It will make more money as a game than a movie (prediction)

3-It will be better than it's first next gen entry by going back to it's original formula instead of changing it. POP fans can rejoice!

Posted: December 15, 2009 8:06 AM
    TreFacTor
  • TheGlue29

Thank God. The Sands Of Time Trilogy was far superior to the reboot. Honestly, Sands Of Time was one of the five best games released last gen. The reboot was cool and all, but it fell short of the SoT bar. Pretty high bar, but it still fell short.

Posted: December 15, 2009 8:03 AM
    TheGlue29
  • alchen21

OHHHH SNAP!!!! it time for a come back!!!!

Posted: December 14, 2009 10:34 PM
    alchen21
  • Pyro_XX

when you do great in three games why change it? idk but when you go back to the way it was well that means they got smart and realized they created a universe with people and story that people like to follow and want to actually make money so they go for more of that...notice they aren't going with a new sequel just a new part of the story we all love.

Posted: December 14, 2009 10:12 PM
    Pyro_XX
  • kenerhai

Why the departure from the new Prince?!?!? I liked the older PoP games, but I enjoyed the new one much more. What gives? I don't care what anyone says, this is because of the movie. It may not be based on the movie, but I can bet this return to the old style is because of the movie.

Sure it'll be great, but go back to the new Prince.

Posted: December 14, 2009 9:53 PM
    kenerhai
  • RJ_1994

I can't wait for this game. I'm glad they are returning to the old story line. Hopefully they took their time with this one.

Posted: December 14, 2009 9:38 PM
    RJ_1994
  • FacePhoenix

Alright my main man is coming to the next gen. We all can rejoice but will it live up to the first two chapters of the series. The Two Thrones was decent but frustrating and was the only game I EVER owned on the PS2 to freeze my system. It seemed rushed and not as polished as SOS and WW so, after playing the new saga for only an hour I am hoping they can rekindle the magic of the first two. It's good to be ambitious but it would hope the lessons learned From TT and the first next gen incarnation will not be repeated or it might just be the end of what was my favorite PS2 Saga. Am I alone in wanting them to release the original saga as a compilation ala God of War Collection? I know it is a long shot but a "prince" can dream can't he?

Posted: December 14, 2009 9:29 PM
    FacePhoenix
  • randomamber

I read the comment
    "what i never understood was why did they get a different guy to voice the Prince in WW but got the guy from SoT to voice the Prince again in TTT?"
    I think that the zero punctuation piece was a hilarious commentary on the bizarre changes they made between the first and second game

Posted: December 14, 2009 7:14 PM
    randomamber
  • TitanWolf

Posted: December 14, 2009 5:53 PM
    TitanWolf
  • ReiverBell21

warrior within is probably my favorite of the three games, albeit i love all three(excluding the new one i havent been able to play yet), and this one looks really exciting!

Posted: December 14, 2009 5:52 PM
    ReiverBell21
  • Blue_Vortex

yes finally, as long as it's not based on the movie I'll be happy with this game.

Posted: December 14, 2009 3:46 PM
    Blue_Vortex
  • neonchez

is it just me or does the Prince in this look a bit too Caucasian to be Arabian?

Posted: December 14, 2009 3:46 PM
    neonchez
  • natedizzle23

Thank you for going back to the old Prince of Persia style.

Posted: December 14, 2009 2:23 PM
    natedizzle23
  • fales24

its not based off the movie, it is the same prince from SOT trilogy...IGN has an interview with a level designer confirming both

now that I got that out of the way...I'm excited yet worried about this...I know the game will be good, I'm just worried that since the game is set between 1 and 2 that they will screw up the overall story...like if the prince can control nature in this game then why did he not have the power to do that in WW? I hope everything is explained in the game...then I will be happy

Posted: December 14, 2009 2:02 PM
    fales24
  • Moye

How come he doesn't look like Jake Gyllenhaal anymore?

Posted: December 14, 2009 1:04 PM
    Moye
  • harusing

One daunting question, new prince, or old? I'd actually like it to be the new one to continue the storyline but it looks like the old one.

Posted: December 14, 2009 12:12 PM