Heavy Rain Storyline Preview

Posted: December 8, 2009
Heavy Rain Storyline Preview
Adam Sessler gives you a preview of the story mechanics in the upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive Heavy Rain by taking you through several playthroughs of the convenience store scene all resulting in different outcomes.

• zack09

every preview makes this game look worse

Posted: December 13, 2009 7:06 AM
    zack09
  • SliQuid

seems decent..gotta give props for the originality side but im wondering just how many choices there are and how many different outcomes are there really..like with some games where u choose different dialoges but 3 outta the 5 lead to the same situation...

Posted: December 12, 2009 5:02 PM
    SliQuid
  • Nagrom102

@scorero23; no. Who says you need "actual" gameplay? There's gameplay to be found in this sure, but it may be something most people are not accustomed to when they think of video games. I think it's awesome and I am totally behind this project!

Posted: December 10, 2009 5:30 PM
    Nagrom102
  • gladiator1

looks similar to Indigo Prophecy

Posted: December 10, 2009 4:20 PM
    gladiator1
  • scorero23

i don't know, it doesn't really seem like a game. it's really just a movie where you control the dialog and key choices. sure, story's probably deep, which is important, but only story? you need some actual gamePLAY? no?

Posted: December 10, 2009 2:20 PM
    scorero23
  • SRH1092213111

Oh My God!! This games look amazing!! I'm buying a PS3. I got to put the Xbox down for a bit anyway.

Posted: December 10, 2009 9:32 AM
    SRH1092213111
  • the_azure_knight

Is it 2010 yet? I want this game so badly

Posted: December 9, 2009 10:52 PM
    the_azure_knight
  • barley12

I agree with ughzilla, honestly when I first heard of this game I became immediately excited because I love games with choices, choices, choices. Probably why I love Dragon Age so much. But, sadly it is on the PS3 which I do not own. But thats besides the point, I feel almost as if this game is going to be frustrating in the sense that GTA4 was where some of the quests were extremely difficult and annoying, and quite frankly make you want to jump off a building. But then again GTA4 was an amazing game that I still play.

So, I will not buy a PS3 just for this game, but I might go mooch off my cousin for a few days if he does decide to cave and buy it.

Posted: December 9, 2009 6:51 PM
    barley12
  • Xaj

*newegg, not amazon, sorry for any confusion

Posted: December 9, 2009 10:23 AM
    Xaj
  • Xaj

I'm really disappointed with the research put forth into this segment. Not only is 3D gaming widely available with cheap PC gaming equipment, a wide variety of games have been adapted to utilize the technology. nVidia offers a 3D Vision Kit, which I purchased for $80 and hooked up with a 120 hz 2048x1536 CRT I got on ebay for $20, and hooked it up to my PC and have played a number of games with it. I Alternatively iZ3D offers a 22\" 3D monitor kit for $300 on amazon. I remember when extended-play actually gave a rats ass about PC gaming.

Posted: December 9, 2009 10:22 AM
    Xaj
  • CrissSkeleton

Heavy Rain looks like the kind of game to keep playing and try out different choices to see what happens in the game and how it will affect the storyline. This will be one of those games that will be a must buy for me.

Posted: December 9, 2009 9:52 AM
    CrissSkeleton
  • johnnybu243

Game does look great and I cant wait to play it but every website or show keeps previewing the store robbery scene as an \"exclusive preview\" If it is shown everywhere, how is it exclusive? Just an observation. Still, game looks amazing though.

Posted: December 9, 2009 9:48 AM
    johnnybu243
  • Andrighi

Sounds very interesting. I love FPS, but a story driven game like this... is like when u order a different kind of pizza, like mushroom with tomatoes.

Posted: December 9, 2009 9:32 AM
    Andrighi
  • DubiousKing

Can't wait for this game! I love a good, thought out story in games, and this looks like it'll deliver.

Posted: December 9, 2009 8:22 AM
    DubiousKing
  • cikeo

with the line up for early 2010, this might not get bought for a while

Posted: December 9, 2009 8:21 AM
    cikeo
  • alextheawsome

Can't wait looks so good. I first read about this in PTOM

Posted: December 9, 2009 7:56 AM
    alextheawsome
  • hogey

cant wait. want now.

Posted: December 9, 2009 3:30 AM
    hogey
  • TheWarhamster

Personally can't wait. I've been wanting a good adventure game of this style for a long LONG time. I mean hell...i haven't even seen a game like this one too be released in a long time...it almost harkens back to the day of that strange Blade Runner game that came out in the mid 90s...still though, if early 2010 equals march, then i feel sorry for Heavy Rain as it will be standing in the shadow of Kratos. A shadow no one wants to stand in...really...it'll kill ya...brutally...and with malicious, brooding glee.

Posted: December 9, 2009 2:30 AM
    TheWarhamster
  • ughzilla

Preview after preview and I still don't know what to think about this game

Posted: December 9, 2009 2:22 AM
    ughzilla
  • kayderek18

im getting more and more conviced i should buy a ps3 soon.

Posted: December 8, 2009 5:03 PM