All Access: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Posted: December 3, 2009
All Access: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Daniel Erickson, Lead Writer for 'Star Wars: The Old Republic,' gives an All Access preview of the game, talking about the story and varying levels of adventure in the MMO RPG.

• DrowNoble

Kinda disappointed they are not doing KOTOR3 considering how 2 ended. Would of been great for TOR to spring off of whatever happened in KOTOR3, not to mention give them another game for me to buy. :)

TOR is either going to be unbelievably awesome or a horrid facepalm of a letdown.

Posted: December 15, 2009 11:43 AM
    DrowNoble
  • junipe

i kind of wish they would release this as a normal game instead of an an mmo. i really like the idea of buying a game with completely different story lines in them.

Posted: December 15, 2009 11:00 AM
  • TheGlue29

ARGH!!

I don't like gaming on a PC. I absolutely HATE video game RPGs. Despite being a staunch Playstation user/semifanboy, I bought an Xbox for the sole purpose of playing KOTOR and KOTOR II...and I was extremely disappointed with both games...

...but I've been a Star Wars Fanboy ever since I can remember. I already planned on buying a new comp in the spring...I may just have to make sure it's spec'd to be able to run this thing.

Curse you, George Lucas. The Force is worse than nicotine.

Posted: December 15, 2009 9:56 AM
    TheGlue29
  • Arencey

The fact that they didn't define what roles classes would be doing kind of concerns me, one of my favorite things about games like WoW is raiding, everyone knows that dps is the easiest role to play in these type of games, if they don't have tanks or healers then group play could just be a hack and slash fest. I hope they take the high road and make jedis tanks, it's one of the most difficult and demanding roles in mmo games and I think it's about time someone said \"You want to be the bad ass class? You play the hard role.\". Who knows though, maybe they will come up with a totally new type of group play, the only thing I know is that as a tank in WoW, I am expected to know and lead 10-25 people into every raid including the ones I havent done yet, and most people demand that I'm the most overgeared person in the group. Obviously this is a load of un fair crap, people play tanks because they enjoy tanking, not dealing with all that crud and getting booted when an undergeared healer comes along and can't keep them up. One thing I have noticed in wow playing a healer and tank class to 80, people have no idea how much mana healers should have, but they have un realistic ideas on how much hp tanks should have. For example healers are allowed to jump into heroics when they hit max level, but tanks have to collect a list of gear from remote instances and quests, then spend a fortune in the auction house on expensive gear they will be replacing.

Posted: December 7, 2009 6:21 PM
    Arencey
  • Arencey

Posted: December 7, 2009 6:21 PM
    Arencey
  • RakShasa

Sometime in 2010 means probably in 2011.

Posted: December 7, 2009 3:09 PM
    RakShasa
  • thevortexblade

Urghhh, I had just gotten used to this whole real-life thing... Oh well. So excited!

Posted: December 7, 2009 9:32 AM
    thevortexblade
  • C_Budof_The605

I Got a Boner for this game seriously but 2010 is a long way..........not really but i cant wait,Im all smiles.

Posted: December 6, 2009 8:24 PM
    C_Budof_The605
  • Elliott_Ness

Not MMO guy but I like that bioware is committed to produce an experience of such depth and magnitutde.

Posted: December 5, 2009 9:29 PM
    Elliott_Ness
  • BlackLable69

Looks like this may end up being one BA game

Posted: December 4, 2009 12:19 PM