Exclusive Brink Preview: Objective Perspective Part 1

Posted: December 1, 2009
Exclusive Brink Preview: Objective Perspective Part 1
In this G4tv.com exclusive preview developer video, join Brink Game Director Paul Wedgewood as he previews the genre-busting gameplay elements demonstrated in the converted dockyard "Container City".

• Deidare

The sound effects are great imo. The clanking of the bullets off all the crates sounds amazing. The gun bobbing doesn't seem to be a problem; they seem to transition from a sprint to shooting pretty nicely. And the ability to change loadouts and classes real time is pretty cool, as well as smart which seems to be pretty fluid (good thing too). Combined with massive customization options and this is one of my most anticipated games ever.

Posted: June 16, 2010 10:56 AM
    Deidare
  • Drakonzo

I'm gonna say what i am sure a lot of people are thinking, this game looks like crap; the art design is terrible and puts a twist in my stomach whenever i look at it, the haggard ravaged look would have been good if it looked more like infamous or fallout 3, but their overly orange overly sensory is ugly. I really really really really hope they change it a bit before release cause this game does some pretty cool things, but i will not buy it if it looks the same at launch.

Posted: December 7, 2009 11:28 AM
    Drakonzo
  • J4COB21

sorta like killzone 2 with some borderlands and mirrors edge in there
    but about that gun bobbing its not bad but it is kinda annoying

Posted: December 2, 2009 8:50 PM
    J4COB21
  • ProudFilipino

Looks good I like how you can jump over obstacles and slide to cover points and there graphics IMO looks great almost as good as Killzone 2's graphics

Posted: December 2, 2009 2:40 AM
    ProudFilipino
  • StupendousFriar

This town looks very similar to Megaton from Fallout 3, which is a good thing. Looks like another great game from Bethesda, although I do feel that the guns shake to much when moving. Even so, it wouldn't be a reason for anyone not to buy the game if it's still in the final version. The more I see this game, the more I want to play it!

Posted: December 1, 2009 8:32 PM
    StupendousFriar
  • oXb3

each new video I see makes me want to play more!

Posted: December 1, 2009 6:15 PM
    oXb3
  • AntonioPS3

Looks really good, it reminds me of Killzone 2 and Mirror's Edge.. I like the way you use experience

points to switch abilities and weapons.. The SMART controls look spot on good (In my opinion)

Can't wait to hear more about the single player, multi-player, and Co-Op..?

Posted: December 1, 2009 5:30 PM
    AntonioPS3
  • napkinshower

thats it? the other one was cooler. im really excited about this game. looks and feels amazing. very cartoony also yaknow

Posted: December 1, 2009 4:04 PM
    napkinshower
  • ForGreatJustice

Anyone else see a little bit of Borderlands in here? Can't wait for this, I love the fact you can run then slide!

Posted: December 1, 2009 4:00 PM
    ForGreatJustice
  • SereneSNIPER

Hey ppl, this kinda reminds me Killzone 2- the graphics and movement. I'm not tryna compare, but the game looks really good.

Posted: December 1, 2009 2:51 PM
    SereneSNIPER
  • Flight_Eagle

Yeah, that gun bobbing is a bit distracting, but as long as it doesn't affect my ability to shoot, it's good. That's probably my only issue so far. The faces are a bit long, but pfft. That online sounds nice, and i'm a lamb for character customization.

Posted: December 1, 2009 2:35 PM
    Flight_Eagle
  • StuntDouble2483

Actually, having watched it again I take what I said about too many footsteps back. It's just the gun bobbing thats a bit off.

Posted: December 1, 2009 2:10 PM
    StuntDouble2483
  • StuntDouble2483

Anyone else think that the movement is a bit wonky? It just seems like an inordinate amount of gun bob when you're moving, and too many footsteps versus how far you've gone.

Other than that, I'm loving the conept of the game. It has kind of a Bioshock (in terms of setting and story) meets Mirror's Edge vibe going for it. And the S.M.A.R.T. system they're talking about looks to alleviate some of the control issues in MirE as well.

Posted: December 1, 2009 1:55 PM
    StuntDouble2483
  • Glitch0019

It looks cool. I have a small issue with the voice acting, but it's not a huge problem. They just sound a bit amateurish. Everything else looked and sounded great. I can't wait for this game. With 8 person coop, this is gonna keep me occupied for a long while.

Posted: December 1, 2009 1:27 PM
    Glitch0019
  • NotTheGuy

That looks cool. Solid objective gameplay of Enemy Territory series + freedom of movement through the play space.

Very punchy sound.

And the diverse visual detail is crazy, infinite texture system really shows it's strength.

I like that they are having a mixed nationality cast for the voices.

Posted: December 1, 2009 12:04 PM