Adam Sessler and Andrew Pfister Discuss Assassin's Creed II

Posted: November 17, 2009
Adam Sessler and Andrew Pfister Discuss Assassin's Creed II
Adam Sessler and G4tv.com's Senior Games Editor, Andrew Pfister, rendezvous to discuss Assassin's Creed II and detail how Ubisoft has made giant strides to improve upon so many shortcomings of the original game and more.

• enojo

I totally know what he means about the camera switching angles on you while you're trying to jump. I encountered that little problem in one of the churches on the way to an Assassin's Tomb. Quite the annoyance, but not enough to make it a huge fault. Still...annoying ;)

Posted: November 20, 2009 8:16 AM
    enojo
  • CFenix

this game got me hooked off of mw2

Posted: November 20, 2009 1:25 AM
    CFenix
  • Wandrecanada

The meta game and the connecting narrative to Desmond Miles just blows me away. The Subject 16 videos are creeping me the hell out.

Posted: November 19, 2009 9:09 PM
    Wandrecanada
  • p2ka

why not a 5 star could you guys explain

Posted: November 19, 2009 2:51 PM
    p2ka
  • austin43

Sessler has said this time and time again in his soapboxes, and that is there is no exact science to rating a game. There are certain aspects that may make a game good, or may make it struggle. The gripes they had with this game was the movement issues, the meaningless economy, and it was noticeably glitchy in areas. These are all problems that warranted the 4/5, which is still a very good score. This is by no means a bad game to them, nor is one game necessarily hands down better than it just because it got the 4/5. The 4/5 simply means it is a great game, but has some flaws that need working out. The mentality that a game either sucks (1/5) or is completely amazing (5/5) is ridiculous, and all you people complaining about the 4/5 score really need to re-think just why it got the score it did.

Posted: November 19, 2009 1:25 PM
    austin43
  • SoviakUnion

This was the last straw for me. You guys have lost all credibility. First you make Fable 3 GOY over Fallout 3 , now you don't give this a 5. How could you give this one a four and the first a 5 when this one is 10 times better!!! MORONS!!!!!

Posted: November 19, 2009 11:16 AM
    SoviakUnion
  • Reloaded09

Solid game, love the variety, story and look this year. (HDMI really makes a difference) as for the camera angles I'm pretty sure you can chage the setting in the in game options. Default is 3/4 action, try changing the setting to find one that works for you.

Posted: November 19, 2009 7:56 AM
    Reloaded09
  • Lawrence123

@ TheDrunkardHu that was funny lol

Posted: November 19, 2009 3:36 AM
    Lawrence123
  • TheDrunkardHu

i would say that agree on the 'solid 4 out of 5', but the Ezio figurine on my desk looks like he wants me to say 5 out of 5... or else... D: (help me)

Posted: November 19, 2009 3:01 AM
    TheDrunkardHu
  • void15

I honestly havent encountered this many problems and i'm pretty damn far into the game, there are deffinatly some issues but the problems are so minor that i still would give this game a 5 out of 5 easily.

how the chimneys on rooftops messed anyone up, i'm still not sure... the camera could be a bit messy at times but i only noticed it when i was in a tighter space. i do suppose the architecture did change and was a bit different that the first but i didn't have any trouble navigating them.

Posted: November 18, 2009 1:48 PM
    void15
  • madman93

This game is for sure a 5 out of 5. The way the changed stuff from the first game is good and so is the story.

Posted: November 18, 2009 1:47 PM
    madman93
  • Lawrence123

The chimneys and the running on the roof tops with all the uneven spaces witch make you fall to your death are the same things pissing me off as well, but all in all its a vast improvement over the first and a solid 4 out of 5 .

Posted: November 18, 2009 1:07 PM
    Lawrence123
  • mikemill

I've been playing the hell out of this game since picking it up. This game is an easy 5 star game. 4 stars is a joke in my opinion.

Posted: November 18, 2009 1:05 PM