Aliens vs. Predator Hands On Preview

Posted: November 16, 2009
Aliens vs. Predator Hands On Preview
Preview the upcoming game 'Aliens vs. Predator' as Associate Producer for SEGA Omar Woodley gives Blair Herter a hands on look at the game's characters, factions, weapons, gameplay mechanics and combat.

• glennium

I can't believe i missed the AvP game series first time around. This looked so good that i bought the original Aliens v Pred 2000 classic on Steam for pc. It's awesome and it has all the modes this now game has..the classic pulse rifle....everything (and still looks great). i have the AVP 2 demo and thats awesome too....if this is anywhere near the old AVP games this will be amazing.

Posted: January 21, 2010 7:01 PM
    glennium
  • ProjectCampbell

im pretty sure that this game will be one of my favorites for 2010. Im so excited!
    Aliens, the second and best movie of the Alien franchise was always my favorite Alien film and I love the fact that they used the marines/ weapons from the second film. I know, they probably used the stuff from the comics too, but the movie Aliens was probably a bigger influence.

in the words of Bill Paxton... "Game over man! Game over!"

Posted: January 12, 2010 8:41 AM
    ProjectCampbell
  • kaskaskruspos

looks glitchy too me

Posted: December 5, 2009 1:13 PM
    kaskaskruspos
  • kaskaskruspos

looks glitchy

Posted: December 5, 2009 1:12 PM
    kaskaskruspos
  • obvious2me

Aliens are extremely vulnerable to even small calibur weaponry, and predators are not invisible to aliens(even when cloaked), each faction has it's weakness and strengths.

That one marine would probably drop 3/4 of that horde of aliens with a couple of skillfully placed secondary pulse rifle rounds, right before getting shanked in the back by the predators :]

Posted: November 23, 2009 8:26 PM
    obvious2me
  • xFlamexOfxHellx

Why put marines, no one is going to be marines. and if you are why, wall crawling and being invisible is way more cool.

I can see it now, a horde of aliens crawling on the walls while a lone marine is standing in their path, and on the other side an army of predators.

Posted: November 18, 2009 4:01 PM
    xFlamexOfxHellx
  • munnpope

my god play as the alien must be awesome

Posted: November 18, 2009 8:46 AM
    munnpope
  • baraka007

I like the idea of the whole alien vs predator vs marine. They seem to have the graphics up to par lets just hope the online and gameplay is too.

Posted: November 17, 2009 10:47 PM
    baraka007
  • duaneevelyn

Fair game anticipated, but don't expect too much, as history showed us!

Posted: November 17, 2009 5:48 PM
    duaneevelyn
  • kwfang

alien ftw humans can die

Posted: November 17, 2009 8:39 AM
    kwfang
  • spicypooptastic

THe movie Aliens is my favorite movie of all time, I mean it was scary action packed and interesting scifi world that told a little but let your imagination do the rest.

Also this game looks awesome, 1. better story then the dumb movies 2. good graphics 3. spooky atmosphere and good gameplay.

Probably wont get much credit since its made my SEGA, just like dead space got hoed even tho it was an excellent game.

Posted: November 17, 2009 12:25 AM
    spicypooptastic
  • Count_Giraffe

Truth be told I still be still AvP 2,even though the servers have been shut down.AvP 2(in my opinion) had the greatest fps online experience ever.It certainly was my fav anyway. I can't wait to be an alien again,only in HIGH DEFINITION!!!

Posted: November 16, 2009 10:01 PM
    Count_Giraffe
  • Naimrod

I can't agree with you more about the gun sound effects. I played this game all the time at the old video game cafe loved the dog alien.

Posted: November 16, 2009 7:52 PM
    Naimrod
  • lizard64

This game will be stellar. i never played the originals but i read up on them and they looked like incredible. THis game may be one of the most innovative and unique games of 2010.

if there's something that I keep smiling about, it's that distinct sound of the Marine Pulse rifle. its recreated just the way it was sounded like in Aliens (1986). Initially, i found to good to be true. i thought it was a trailer gimmick. But watching this preview took that all out of my mind. And has ultimately gotten me all the more excited for this game!

Posted: November 16, 2009 6:33 PM