Sessler's Soapbox: Adam Calls Infinity Ward Out

Posted: November 4, 2009
Sessler's Soapbox: Adam Calls Infinity Ward Out

• cynical_bug

If you want to put the F-Word on par with the N-Word you may do so, that is Adam's opinion.
    But it shows how much gamers and message board posters blow things out of proportion.
    How many times have you been taking part in an online discussion and someone has thrown out the "X-Word to N-Word" comparison? How many comparisons to Hitler have been made in online discussions?

I have seen it used for words like "retard" or "retarded" the "R-Word" as it is sometimes referred, is very serious...to SOME people. These people will argue just as passionately as Adam did in the video.

I saw the Infinity Ward video and I found it to be quite humorous. The problem with Adam's take on this is that "clever strings of expletives" don't exist. Expletives are by nature low-brow and immature.

Posted: February 12, 2010 1:06 PM
    cynical_bug
  • bestsnowboarderuknow

what a bunch of whimps. It's competitive gaming. Trash talking is a part of it. if youre such a little girl that your feelings are going to get hurt on xbox live then throw away your turtle beaches, or headphones, or whatever you got because it will never stop with alpha males in the world. Get out of your fantasy land, adam, you fruit loop. jk....

where is this video he speaks of, i want to see what the controversy is about

Posted: January 25, 2010 7:07 AM
    bestsnowboarderuknow
  • cazugmr

I just want to say that I am one of those people who do not interact with people gaming online. I honestly just like to relax & play. There is an enormous amount of disrespect that goes on online. Sure, a little trash talking is cool but people really take it way way too far & it gets vindictive. A general respect for people is definitely in order. People, don't be uncool...show some class & dignity towards others.

Posted: January 12, 2010 11:10 PM
    cazugmr
  • madvillain24

Ok so first of all i think adam and everyone eles is being waaayy to over reactive, in earlier years that word was ment to insult homosexuals but no in days the meaning has changed into a different term like . . calling someone a dbag. im pretty sure infinity ward doesnt hate gays er anything it was a joke at most so everyone needs to chill out about something soo small.

Posted: January 2, 2010 12:35 AM
    madvillain24
  • friendofbud666

Locked?

Posted: December 14, 2009 5:16 PM
    friendofbud666
  • madhatter81

I used that word my entire childhood, I can honestly say that I never connected that word with a matter such as gays or racism. so for those of us on the other side (people that were never involved in any sort of bigotry) its just not offensive.. that makes us insensitive or homophobic right? well I disagree.. im not homophobic.. I just never understood the true meaning and shaded history the word represents to a specific part of our community.. that said, IW needs to keep pushing buttons.. but they need to do it in there games.. not by making slurs such as this..

p.s. bring back the f*%$#^ dedicated servers!

Posted: November 22, 2009 1:34 PM
    madhatter81
  • PapaParty

Freedom of the Press

Posted: November 21, 2009 7:10 PM
    PapaParty
  • avo618

STR8 against HATE!
    right on man, this world sucks enough without hate words. people need to realize that just because its not their way of life does not mean its wrong!

Posted: November 14, 2009 1:45 PM
    avo618
  • skwurll

Yo Sessler, major respect to you, but the definition of that word has changed. In my area, people still use the word as a derogatory term, but not against homosexuals. I have homosexual friends who find no fault in using it, and use it themselves. I'm not homophobic in the least, I use it. I understand where you're coming from, but it's not really considered hate speech by me unless it is used in a hateful way. I think it may be possible that the acronym was intentional, but not intended to be offensive. I think a lot of people misunderstood the point it was trying to get across. "Nade spammers are jerks, so don't be a jerk."

Posted: November 12, 2009 8:24 PM
    skwurll
  • BigMillionMONSTERZ_K

Sessler, u een neva lie. F!!!! Ooops!!!! My bad.

Posted: November 10, 2009 11:08 AM
    BigMillionMONSTERZ_K
  • memallett

THANK YOU ADAM! I really appreciate what you said and I agree with you on all points. And to those of you who have commented that people are free to say what they want...yes they are...but that doesn't make it ok. Its about having respect for each other as human beings and as gamers. I will trash talk you all i want, but I don't bring your race or who you sleep with into it. If you choose to use hate speech, i mute you and get on with my game. But that doesn't mean that I or others who are not racist/bigots/etc should say nothing when a COMPANY that sells games to all different types of people uses hate speech. NOT OK.

Posted: November 9, 2009 6:37 PM
    memallett
  • ListenUp

I just don't understand why people think Infinity Ward's talking about homosexuals. Is it not possible that they could be using one of the many other definitions for the word? Maybe one that fits the context a little better, since you don't have to be gay to grenade spam. My gay friends don't. And lets remember, It's defined as an offensive word, not specifically to gays, just offensive. Gay people have come too far to let a word, even when not used against them, hold them back.

Posted: November 9, 2009 5:59 PM
    ListenUp
  • gu057r1d3r

O.k look ppl, the video that is on the chopping block right now is not at all a bad or terrible video. It's funny, actually. And yes there is an issue with ppl gaming online who for some reason feel the need degrade, belittle, and undermind others to make themselves sound "cool", but the truth is... it's not cool at all, and it makes you sound like a tool. but on the flip side, this whole Fight Against Grenade Spaming ad is just that an ad. there was no under tone of hate or dislike to those of a certain sexual preference, and if you took it that way, Get a life. just because the first letters of the phrase spell out THAT WORD ... "Oh my god... it's terrible, We are being singled out." is bull. I hate that everyone is expected to be politically correct to please the few who are offended. be comfortable with who you are and get over it.

Posted: November 9, 2009 12:13 PM
    gu057r1d3r
  • N_o_m_a_d

Take Matt Stone's and Trey Parker's word on it: just because someone is gay doesn't mean they are a "f(expletive)a(expletive)g"; unless of course they ride a Harley Davidson.

Posted: November 9, 2009 11:19 AM
    N_o_m_a_d
  • GHOSR

what a very good point and i rly like vid

Posted: November 8, 2009 11:41 AM
    GHOSR
  • keithmessina

I can't even deal with the obscene level of ignorance around this topic anymore, so you all have fun hiding behind words like free speech and politically correct, have fun taking the living breathing human beings out of the equation and acting like this whole issue and all the issues that surround it are simply a matter of words. Just because you CAN does not mean you SHOULD. You will in no way be harmed by not using hate speech. Oh and MY freedom of speech makes it perfectly acceptable to call you out when you are abusing yours!

Posted: November 8, 2009 11:17 AM
    keithmessina
  • JahJah1121

I find this video sickening in an overly Politically correct world. Why does someone like Sessler have to be such an elitist, and get offended for someone who's perfectly capable of getting offended themselves. It's phony outrage, and to stick up for them shows them that you're better than them, and they need your help to defend themselves. By the way, why is it that we pick and choose what we get offended about. When's the last time Sessler was defending Bill Donahue's points, or the feelings of an offended Christian. Of course he doesn't, because he doesn't agree with their ideology, and therefore picks and chooses which people he does and doesn't want offended. For someone in the entertainment industry, I'm shocked to hear this from his mouth. We'll see what happens when he makes a dumb off the cuff comment on air, and is suspended indefinitely until they figure out how to fire him. This phony crap is getting annoying. These elitists who speak out against free speech, which by the way was on the internet. Last time I checked the internet was where you could say anything. I don't know if anyone has noticed but when watching a video there's a handy dandy little button in the bottom left. When watching a video it displays two vertical bars, and when pressed it magically stops elitist ears from getting their apparently constitutionally protected feelings hurt. Grow up America, and cut this politically correct crap, and change the channel. I get offended daily, and deal with it, just like gay people would do after hearing this message. If they're offended they have the right to be, but what they don't need is elitists sticking up for them, fighting for someone deemed not as good them. That's the true bigotry, feeling the need to stick up for someone cause in reality, you just think you're better than them.

Posted: November 8, 2009 7:38 AM
    JahJah1121
  • RogueEpidemic

Man, there's a lot of retarded right-wingers on here.

Yay for racist, homophobic, opportunistic morons.

Posted: November 8, 2009 5:41 AM
    RogueEpidemic
  • kuruption84

Bravo Sess! You are the man. 100% true. It's reasons like the ones you outlined why I don't even bother to mic up on PSN or XBL. Keep doing, what you're doing.

Posted: November 8, 2009 4:48 AM
    kuruption84
  • kruz8er

Hey Sessler.... Whats more offensive..... The ad or the "No Russian" mission that im sure you loved playing?

Posted: November 7, 2009 11:56 PM