Exclusive Extended Heavy Rain "Blue Lagoon" Gameplay Video

Posted: October 29, 2009
Exclusive Extended Heavy Rain "Blue Lagoon" Gameplay Video
Get an extended, exclusive look at the "Madison at the Blue Lagoon" chapter from Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain, exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

• kwfang

Damn the the graphics are good but the game is what matters

Posted: February 11, 2010 9:18 AM
    kwfang
  • Halo_Demon_S99

Looks great cant wait to play,i hope its not a short game though.

Posted: November 3, 2009 12:47 PM
    Halo_Demon_S99
  • SmarterThanYou

...or you could read a "choose your own path" book. It would probably be more interesting than being instructed to press X, then square, then circle...

Posted: November 3, 2009 8:30 AM
    SmarterThanYou
  • LocoCabasa

Most games rated M for Mature should be reclassified I for Insulting to Intelligence. Judging by this amazing video, Heavy Rain takes maturity seriously. More output like this will make the games industry an outsource for art, instead of forgettable product.

Posted: November 3, 2009 6:30 AM
    LocoCabasa
  • matchewlies

i hope everyone who is watching this video and commenting, remembers a little game called "the indigo prophecy". This game is basically more of the same of that. Thats not a bad thing because that game also happened to be really good, but not in the normal game type of mechanic. it really put you in control of a story, or a movie where your every decision made a difference and it allowed you to really get inside the character's heads so that you cared about them. honestly, i cant wait to get a ps3 and get this game, even though it comes out at the same time as other really good games, i got a good feeling this one will find an audience that appreciates it, and word of mouth from them will prompt others to try it out.

Posted: November 2, 2009 4:58 PM
    matchewlies
  • SmarterThanYou

Looks real. Real boring!

What is it with PS3rick fanboys and their desire to play games that are more like interactive cut-scenes? I'd rather play a game than watch hours of cut-scenes (ala MGS4).

Posted: November 2, 2009 11:10 AM
    SmarterThanYou
  • Dwarves

the game looks great... reminds me of Shenmue

Posted: November 2, 2009 6:59 AM
    Dwarves
  • hardrocknguy

If you've played Indigio Prophecy then this game will be familiar too you. This game is basically about making choices and seeing how the story unfolds. I can't wait to play this game. It's something different in a world of Open World/FPS shooter games that everyone else is trying to develop.

Posted: November 1, 2009 12:55 PM
    hardrocknguy
  • Serious559

This looks interesting. The Mechanic and Animation of walking through the crowd looks a little annoying and clumsy. Not as good as the Assassins Creed one. I'm still hoping this is good though.

Posted: October 31, 2009 5:22 PM
    Serious559
  • Mutant71

So....the game's storyline doesn't advance until you play simon says with the PS controller??
    I can put a DVD on, take the batteries out of my remote and achieve the same effect. Damn Sony has found a way to make the entire game a cut-scene.

Posted: October 31, 2009 4:39 PM
    Mutant71
  • Flynfsh

cool concepts.

Posted: October 31, 2009 4:06 PM
    Flynfsh
  • gamerspider

Maybe

Posted: October 31, 2009 2:54 PM
    gamerspider
  • gamerspider

I Like The Video But Is The Game Good ? Ill See.

Posted: October 31, 2009 2:52 PM
    gamerspider
  • autofaux

Hmm, it doesn't seem so bad. From what I've seen of this game, it has great writing and voice acting. Great writing in video games is few and far between. What, between the 'one less grub!' and the 'finishing this fight' nonsense, this might actually prove to be some kind of dramatic move towards moving this medium into an artistic field as opposed to every game having explosions and regenerating health.

Posted: October 30, 2009 9:55 PM
  • SolidGump

one thought came to my mind......... *BLING* (Bronze Trophy) Make Up Artist: Successfully Apply Make up LMAO XD

Posted: October 30, 2009 9:32 PM
    SolidGump
  • latif1

i wont to say stuff

Posted: October 30, 2009 6:14 PM
    latif1
  • irishfreak246

I do own a ps3, but this game just looks boring as hell.The graphics look awsome. But come on 5 minutes of putting on make up is not worth my 60$,especialy whens theres better games coming out.I also dont like that most of the game is quick time events and button pushing.I personaly think this game will fail finacialy, but could get good reviews from critics.either way, im not buying

Posted: October 30, 2009 4:53 PM
    irishfreak246
  • jrest

I agree that the "Blue Lagoon" seemed a bit slow paced, as mentioned by others before me. I was sort of waiting for something to happen in the make-up sequence. This title is going to be awesome! I have been waiting for this game for awhile and look forward to playing it.

Posted: October 29, 2009 11:04 PM
    jrest
  • Spybreak

Hmm after watching that you ask what should gamers be given freedom of input in a game and what should be run by the code of the game. Hmm this looks exceptional as a video game but I don't think I'll be interested.

Posted: October 29, 2009 10:02 PM
    Spybreak
  • mp1289

Is not a matter of it being a game or not....Its only a question of whether you want to try it or not. To me it looks like GTA except you only have logical choices, so i definitively want to try it.

Posted: October 29, 2009 9:49 PM