Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Preview

Posted: October 28, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Preview
Get a preview of the multiplayer modes in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' when Adam Sessler talks to Todd Alderman, Lead Multiplayer Designer, about gameplay, weapons and more.

• BLACKOPSVSMW2

SEXY

Posted: September 17, 2010 7:48 PM
    BLACKOPSVSMW2
  • xV1RUSPR0T3CT10Nx

I never really liked the multiplayer for the overload of random things all over the maps. I don't know the names of the maps, so ill just describe them. The airport map could have done without the mass of random steel containers outside. this making it way too easy to camp. i don't really have to complain about rust, afghan or the other wide open map in Chernobyl. some of the guns really piss me off too.
    Intervention Silenced w/ FMJ (Bling Pro,Stopping Power Pro, Steady Aim Pro) somehow doesn't get 1 hit kills. And there's no way the FAMAS is as good as it is. I have to admit, the M16A4 is as powerful as it needs to be, based on CoD4.

GLITCHING. I hate the Javelin glitch. I went from 1.40 to almost 1 in about 20 games, because every time I get a kill, i get suicide bombed. which makes it easy to go 15 and 21 on rust.

I still love the fast-paced action, the gun sounds, the people yelling random things in other languages, and some of the new stuff. Titles and emblems really are what kept me playing the multiplayer. Some of the new cameos are cool, but i feel some of the unlocks should come earlier. \"Fall\" just looks like Woodland and Desert from CoD4 mixed. \"Urban\" would have to be my favorite. \"Blue Tiger\" in my opinion looks worse. \"Red tiger\" looks a TON better, woodland should be in the place of \"arctic\".

I think im gonna go back to Gaylo 3.

Campaign was amazing, spec ops was okay, good that all achievements are still offline.

Posted: December 7, 2009 5:05 PM
    xV1RUSPR0T3CT10Nx
  • BoydofZINJ

I AM VENTING EVEN MORE SO.

I just found out the following info:

More recently, Best Buy hosted an online chat between gamers and Mackey McCandlish and Ryan Lastimosa from Infinity Ward. The floor was open for questions, and the pair systematically crushed any hope that the PC version of the game would even attempt to make gamers happy, or allow for what the community has been taking for granted for years.

What will the max amount of players per map be for PC multiplayer on IW.net

Vince-IW: 9v9
    No matter how good a connection the host has, no matter how powerful your dedicated server was, the maximum number of players online is 18. If you have a larger clan, you're out of luck. If you're waiting for someone to create a custom map to allow larger groups, don't bother.

Q: Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

Vince-IW: We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

DudezTY: Since we cannot kick people in ranked matches, how will we stop hackers who get past VAC?

Mackey-IW: Our goal is to ban hackers from the game.
    So, if IW does not kick someone then that hacker can cheat their way until IW pulls out their thumb from their large asses. It's a shame that it's impossible to show a jaw dropping on an online chat. There will be no way to kick players, and Infinity Ward seems sure they'll simply be able to keep hackers and cheaters from playing.

kaRMa: Please give me a direct answer. On the PC version. Are all games hosted by players, and is there a five-second delay when host migration is in effect?

Vince-IW: yes.

Why is this a problem? Because Infinity Ward also revealed in the chat that the game will pick who hosts. You have no control over it. If the host leaves, there will be a five-second delay while the game picks the next best host. Players have no way of controlling who is hosting, and of course we know there will be no dedicated servers.

They better hope that no ISPs get upset, because there is no way for any player to control who hosts. You can't opt out of hosting. If the host quits, the game stops for five seconds while the next one is selected by the software. This is good for gamers... somehow.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

This is the amount of work that went into the PC version: you are given the ability to use a mouse, to use text chat, and to adjust graphical settings. Are your fears now put to rest?

We thought the lack of dedicated servers was bad, but now we can add the lack of console commands, the inability to have a say in who hosts the game, a lengthy pause while the game migrates to a new host if the currently selected host quits, no leaning, no option to record matches, and no way to kick or block trouble players, hackers, or cheaters.

You have to wonder if there are any actual PC gamers working at Infinity Ward, as it will be a challenge to find any member of the PC gaming community that will stand up for any of these omissions, not to mention all of them bundled together. At launch, this will be one of the most locked-down, inflexible, and gamer-unfriendly game ever created.

Posted: November 7, 2009 7:41 AM
    BoydofZINJ
  • BoydofZINJ

Microsoft and many game companies believe the PC-Gamer is a MMO market. However, RTS and Simulations (and the 'mech FPS/Simulator) are a type of game that are traditionally for the PC and make poor XBOX and PS3 and Console games. Many will argue the FPS is a game which is very strong in both the console and the pc - making it one of the few games with the largest potential market value.

Look at Modern Warefare 2 and how they slapped the face of the core and soft PC-Gamer for that game. And guess what, MW2 will lose very little because of the lack of PC sales. Let us face it, it looks great. It probably is great! Half of those petitioners will probably still buy it on the day it comes out. The other half will buy it in a few days afterwards. Perhaps a few people here and there wont (I wont). But, because the sales will ultimately not be effected, why not abuse the consumer. LET THE CONSUMER BE WARNED. CONSUMERS DONT MATTER. YOU DONT MATTER. YOU SUPPORT WATER DOWN GAMES BY BUYING THE GAMES.

I am putting my foot down now. The PC-GAMER is not dead. WE LIVE! WE ARE HERE! WE LOVE TO PLAY NON MMOS! WE WANT TO SPEND OUR MONEY ON GOOD QUALITY GAMES FOR OUR BELOVED PCS! I refuse to buy any game from a company that treats me like CRAP. Why settle for a game that will be crappy when I want a good game? Modern Warefare 2 has made me realize - game companies want the console and PS3 and XBOX money. If the PC community is not a huge market - they will water us down and ignore us. We are icing in their cake. A few dozen sales or lack of sales will not make or break this game.

The Modern Warefare petition is a joke. WHO CARES if they dont get my money. When PS3 and XBOX users are buying the game and some users are buying the game for BOTH SYSTEMS?

Viva El Computer (yea yea spanish and french)

-BoydofZINJ

P.S. As you read this - you may even be reading this on a .... PC. I typed this entire article on a... PC. PCs are not dead!

Posted: November 7, 2009 6:44 AM
    BoydofZINJ
  • babypowerlu

when would they let us play 2 players on the same system on online multiplayer

Posted: November 3, 2009 6:10 PM
    babypowerlu
  • sTrYk3r96

i wonder if this game will be better on ps3 or xbox 360 I can't decide

Posted: November 3, 2009 2:17 PM
    sTrYk3r96
  • Cr1ms0ngh0st

Yea , it looks great. If they want people to play this for a long time to come, then why did they bend the PC community over the kitchen table and give it to us dry n' hard? We keep these games alive and kicking long after the developer has moved on.

Way to go Sessler asking the tough questions. I thought you were gonna drop to your knees and give them a below the waist massage when you were done throwing all those softballs at them!

Posted: November 2, 2009 6:24 PM
    Cr1ms0ngh0st
  • XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

I NEED THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! PPl see ya online my PSN: XxT_I_K_IxX_PR m/d(>.<)bm/

Posted: November 2, 2009 4:27 PM
    XxT_I_K_IxX_PR
  • Vyro

Infinity Ward hates PC gamers. Those greedy pricks won't let us have clan servers anymore! It's not cool to wait til everyone has preordered your game and then announce that it's only a freaking single player campaign!

Posted: November 2, 2009 3:15 PM
    Vyro
  • Arencey

Nice, WoW has always had some of the best lore.

Posted: November 2, 2009 3:07 PM
    Arencey
  • SHaIDoVV

Month-old footage still....to hell with worthless cable TV rehash crap.

Posted: November 2, 2009 1:35 PM
    SHaIDoVV
  • ELFDragon

Okay, who are you guys..and how are you related to the PC version of this game .. last time i check we were boycotting this game and yes we stand behind it.. 130,000 means dont buy the game we have the buying power they have the game. we can opt not to purchase the game, and tray arch and make the next installment.. if you have a console thats fine i have no problems with you buying the game but as a PC hardcore gamer most of the clans have got it avertised on our servers to ban the game.. so you will not play with hardcore gamers...you will play with the casual gamer.. good luck with this game.. another dragon falls today due to smelly cheese..

Posted: November 1, 2009 9:36 PM
    ELFDragon
  • gamerspider

I Got To Get This Play This Online

Posted: November 1, 2009 3:31 PM
    gamerspider
  • ButteryCookie

I think this game is going to have so many awards. Modern Warfare has more to offer than any other game. The story is great in the first Modern Warfare, it's going to be greater now. Same with multiplayer it's great in the first but is better in the second one. I honestly think this is the best game of the Decade. That's just my guess.

Posted: October 31, 2009 9:16 PM
    ButteryCookie
  • weazle915

Being one of Call of Duties biggest fans, I am excited to get the chance to continue the story line of Modern Warfare. Seeing the multi player reveiw, it will be an honor for me and my clan, SAKB, to have the chance to once again school everyone on the proper techniques of modern warfare. All battles will be fought in honor of our soldiers who do this in real life everyday to make our world a safer place.

Posted: October 30, 2009 8:49 AM
    weazle915
  • Opossum

all you little girls are gonna die buy my button mashing hands of doom in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360) Just kidding....or am I....anyway, I can't stand the pressure of waiting. I think I'm gonna blow up...oh never mind I just farted. Lets kill each other in the future.....you know..on COD 2
    Hail K.C.W.D.(Key Contributors of World Domination) on the Xbox, Friends list me as MuzzupModo...Let's ban together to eliminate those cheesy crakalackin CAMPERS, yes I don't know what crackalackin means

Posted: October 29, 2009 10:32 PM
    Opossum
  • psyberian

Ok, so the PC multiplayer issue got ignored again. Not really surprised. Most of our concerns have been met with politely being ignored. Yes having a central servers works for consoles, but PCs aren't limited to that. Infinityware has gone from an amazing company that appeared to be openly supporting PCs and the LAN community, to ignoring us. Never mind that fact that PC gamers generally have more disposable income then console gamers. I myself was planning on getting both the PC version and PS3 version, I have since canceled both. And now even EA/DICE has come out saying dedicated servers are the best for PCs. If you are going to put out a game like MW2 don't just dangle the sports car in front of us then give us a powder blue Prius after we order it.

Posted: October 29, 2009 2:07 PM