Left 4 Dead 2 Realism Mode Walkthrough

Posted: October 28, 2009
Left 4 Dead 2 Realism Mode Walkthrough
Abbie Heppe, X-Play's editorial manager and G4 L4D expert, walks you through a chapter of "Hard Rain" running in Left 4 Dead 2's brand-new realism mode.

• PcgamerWithAClue

She's a console playing coke head.

Posted: April 3, 2010 7:35 AM
    PcgamerWithAClue
  • barley12

Honestly...I love killing Zombies as much as the next person but the fact that nothing has really changed from the first to the second is majorly disappointing. Yay..Melee weapons (should've been in the first one) Yay all new characters set in Louisiana? (Same concept different background)

Not buying this one. Once they implement some real changes I will deffinietaly be all for it. But honestly, I'm just going to keep my 60$ and spend it on another game, and if I'm ever in need for some zombie killing fun I'll just play the first one.

Posted: November 6, 2009 4:22 PM
    barley12
  • dimeslime

Good Job Abbie! I envy you for getting to visit the fine folk at Valve!
    Looking forward to picking this up for sure, for now the demo will be played over and over lol.

Posted: November 4, 2009 5:37 AM
    dimeslime
  • zealousyouth

thought this video was pretty bad, people may think this gurl is cute or something... but she sucks at the game, and more importantly, she sucks at commentating on it.

Thought we would be learning about the Realism Game Mode, not merely about the generic l4d2 stuff. plus comments like "the radioactive symbol" which is actually a biohazard symbol, etc etc.

"you may see 6-7 witches per level, way more than in a single-player campaign" Is it more b/c it's not sp, or is it more because it's "realism mode"? Her commentary is awful.

"it's a crowbar, if you've played half-life you should be totally familiar with it..."

"or we could maybe be really brave and think that we could go kill her, if we all just shoot at her at once.... this is a really good idea.... oh, startled... oh, he's dead... well now the good thing is we can see how the defibrillator works...."

idiotic comments abound...

lets get someone who can make some more intelligent commentary on these vids please.

Posted: November 3, 2009 3:56 PM
    zealousyouth
  • birdykilla

Wow that looks almost exactly the same as L4D I knew it would though, just new levels, melee weapons, characters, and boss zombies, everything they could have released to upgrade the first game. Yet they like many other game developers need to charge full price for an expansion like ODST did! I for one am boycotting this whole idea of expansion being sold for full price. I would spend $20 for this content as DLC for the first L4D but I refuse to spend $60 of my hard earned cash on a glorified expansion pack. Just like I didn't buy Halo 3: ODST I will not buy this expansion pack. I think I'll be buying Fallout 3: GOTY for $60 you get five expansion packs with it! I'll still be enjoying the original L4D and Halo 3 which I spent $120 for the both of those games when they first came out. I also spent 800 MCSOFT points for the Legendary map pack and the same for the mythic map pack yet I still can only play three playlist in Halo 3, Social Slayer, Social Skirmish, and Lone Wolves. This is such BS I've already given loads of money for a game then they release a glorified expansion pack and charge full price for it I'm not buying into it.

Posted: November 3, 2009 1:35 PM
    birdykilla
  • vanapes

looks good

Posted: November 1, 2009 12:01 PM
    vanapes
  • gamerspider

I lookd at this like 4 to 5 times

Posted: November 1, 2009 9:40 AM
    gamerspider
  • papajon555

this game is guna rock! i got da demo and i cant stop playing it!!!

Posted: October 31, 2009 8:41 PM
    papajon555
  • enissor

yeah had this mod for l4d 1

PC the way its meant to be played

i feel sorry for the console gamers who only get the 5 l4d maps while i have like over 9000

Posted: October 31, 2009 3:08 PM
    enissor
  • inF4MOUS

wow , there's female boomer!!!

Posted: October 31, 2009 9:03 AM
    inF4MOUS
  • nge001

She's wrong about there being more witches in Realism Mode. That's just exclusive to the campaign she's playing, Hard Rain.

Posted: October 30, 2009 1:05 PM
    nge001
  • torus

It's called a DEFIBRILLATOR. Not a difibulator. Jesus.

Posted: October 29, 2009 9:31 PM
    torus
  • RRODvictim4times

Well, it seems just like a unique difficulty setting, which will be great for my tastes. The AED is also an awesome touch, though I don't know about using it on someone who has been ripped in half by a tank.

Posted: October 29, 2009 6:19 PM
    RRODvictim4times
  • LobsterMobster

OK, that's more harsh than it should have been, but there were some errors. Melee weapons can do damage to allies. Defibrillators are in all game modes. Defibrillators are not Dee-fib-YOO-lat-ors, etc.

Posted: October 29, 2009 12:08 PM
    LobsterMobster
  • LobsterMobster

Someone who knows what they're talking about > Cute Morgan Webb Analog

Posted: October 29, 2009 12:07 PM
    LobsterMobster
  • CFenix

it's not a radioactive symbol. it's a biological hazard symbol. just wanted to sort that out

Posted: October 28, 2009 4:16 PM
    CFenix
  • DragonRider6

thing ive learned from this video:
    i dont think they should make a left 4 dead 3. this left 4 dead just seems like expanded l4d not a whole new game. y not just DLC?

and second, i like that thing about the director adding rain when you r doing good to make it harder for u to see. but dies the rain put out fire like a lit tank?

Posted: October 28, 2009 3:40 PM
    DragonRider6
  • wetwilli64

i can't wait! now if they would just let those of us that preordered play the freakin demo! they've delayed it like 5 times now.
    the boomer bile you can throw sounds so cool! this looks like a great campaign.
    and all the wandering witches are awesome.

Posted: October 28, 2009 2:08 PM
    wetwilli64
  • jalapenowonmil

You can't overdose on pain pills? This is not realistic at all! lol. I would love to have the money for this game. :(

Posted: October 28, 2009 1:41 PM