Game Break with Ratchet and Clank Future

Posted: October 26, 2009
Game Break with Ratchet and Clank Future

Blair Herter and Morgan Webb take on the third installment of the 'Future' trilogy with Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time with its new mechanics and top notch graphics for the PS3.

• Ashley_Si

it's good and bad, it's like a mix of zelda, metroid, mario, DK, star fox, basically it's all on nintendo's stuff smashed into one, with lots of glitches and unfinished work.

Posted: December 7, 2010 5:03 PM
    Ashley_Si
  • brinmat

The joy from Super Mario Galaxy crosses generations, and Mario as an icon is eternal. Morgan and her foolish views are temporary.

FYI: I'm 29. I have a Master's degree in Microbiology. I teach nursing students. I never found Super Mario Galaxy demeaning. Mario is what it is: silly fun. And I would truly feel sad for society if adults completely lost their sense of just having silly fun once in a while.

Posted: October 28, 2009 11:50 PM
    brinmat
  • shoryuking

SMG honestly wasn't that hot imho. This from a person who first played and loved mario on nes back when it was new and i was a kid. Tried SMG and could not get into it 20 years later but i am looking foward to ratchet. Take that for what it's worth.

Posted: October 28, 2009 9:52 PM
    shoryuking
  • QuickKick89

Better run, Morgan. The fanboys are coming.

Posted: October 28, 2009 8:39 PM
    QuickKick89
  • MidnightShade27

She expressed how she felt.. and guess what I felt the same way playing mario galaxy.. i don't feel that way playing older mario on the nes or snes though... nintendo has been marketing towards kids withe their Cammy Dunnaway "smile" campaign and the online system and open speaker mic to "protect" kids.. the wii itself is aimed at kids first and foremost... The voice acting in mario galaxy with a super high pitched voices and easy gameplay seemed very much kid centric...that doesn't mean you can't enjoy mario galaxy as it was a good game..but please the game clearly was aimed at the younger crowd like all nintendo games anymore. At least Morgan feels she can express her opinion without having to cater to people... that is a great thing. And is her feeling that way about mario galaxy hurting your fun playing it? And honestly mario and ratchet and clank aren't the same type of platforming games. One is straight platforming - mario and the other is action platformer -- ratchet.

Posted: October 28, 2009 8:05 PM
    MidnightShade27
  • Crash_Man

G4,

a belching fish gun is "for adults" but anything on the Wii is "for kids"??

you guys claim to be a video game network yet you completely ignore - no wait, ignoring might be a step up - you just rip on Nintendo/the Wii all the time?? that's not only 1/3 of the non-PC market, it's the largest market in gaming history!!

so consider this, SMG isn't insulting to adult gamers....

YOU.
    ARE.

....please stop?

~CrashMan
    www.wiiaredeep.tk

Posted: October 28, 2009 6:24 PM
    Crash_Man
  • Garcian_Touchdown

Quite honestly, I played Ratchet and Clank for PS3 and it's a lot of fun to play, but I wouldn't pass up Galaxy for it. Of course, I'd like to have both, but given the choice between the two, I'd go with Galaxy. Yes, I'm only 19 years old, but I still find Mario appealing to everyone. Even my DAD plays Mario and he is in his late 40s.

I can't agree with you Morgan. It's an opinion, but I feel as though Mario Galaxy is FAR from "insulting" for adults to play.

Posted: October 28, 2009 9:53 AM
    Garcian_Touchdown
  • Poochy

Morgan, I hope you read this: http://gonintendo.com/viewstor y.php?id=102034

The crap really hit the Nintendo fan ceiling when you insulted adult Mario fans everywhere.

Posted: October 28, 2009 9:13 AM
    Poochy
  • Poochy

In other news, Morgan Webb is the annoying cynical bitch you always thought she was.
    I now return to playing Super Mario Galaxy where I be will insulted by it's so-called "childish" presentation. Durr!!

Posted: October 28, 2009 9:08 AM
    Poochy
  • Gamingbum

Wow I can't believe she basically insulted Mario Galaxy. I know it's one of the easiest mario games out there, but to say it was for kids was a bit much. But whatever it's your opinion. I felt like the game was for everyone. And as an adult I wasn't insulted playing it.

As for the Ratchet and Clank series, they're always a blast to play through. I'm not gonna insult another awesome game to make the series look better though.

Posted: October 28, 2009 8:23 AM
    Gamingbum
  • siavm

Adults are insulted by SMG, so if you played it, are an adult, and liked it, you must be mentally handicapped.

Posted: October 28, 2009 7:37 AM