G4tv.com's Feedback -- Brutal Legend Edition

Posted: October 22, 2009
G4tv.com's Feedback -- Brutal Legend Edition
Adam, Blair, Patrick and Andrew discuss September sales numbers, the future of digital distribution, the possible end of Ratchet & Clank, G4's review process, and Game of the Week Brutal Legend.

• 1pissedblowfish

The best digital distribution system is STEAM by Valve. You can login to any computer and have access to all your purchased games. Downloads are fast and you can pre-load before a release date so you can play as soon as possible. Did I mention that you will always have acess to your purchased games no matter what PC you end up wanting to play on??? If Microsoft or Sony can make a system like that... watch out.

Posted: October 31, 2009 9:11 PM
    1pissedblowfish
  • darockreaper

Now u got me thinking of a Microsoft Tivo colaboration box. I would open that up to sony but they dont chase those type of partnerships like microsoft

Posted: October 25, 2009 4:59 PM
    darockreaper
  • PunkALive21

for me, nothing can replace the feeling of having a shelf full of physical games.

Posted: October 24, 2009 3:10 AM
  • birdykilla

@GamingSaint

How about the fact that not only is the Xbox 360 the only console system in the history of gaming consoles to have a external power brick (and by brick I mean "brick"). Added on to the fact that the system has been out since Fall 2005 and four years later they can't find a way to get that brick inside the console somehow. Added on to the fact that if you stuck that brick inside the Xbox 360 it would make the Xbox 360 almost as big as a PC. Added on to the fact that Microsoft has little exclusives when you look at the games that can be had on both Xbox 360 and PC. OMG I wish L4D would be made on the PS3 so that I can finally have no other reason to own a Xbox 360. I would just buy L4D on PC but without a next gen console at all would be lame so I'd at least want to buy a PS3. Wish if I could get enough money from my Xbox 360, 5 games, 13 arcade games, and 1 xbox original download, problem is I'd only get like $250 for all that on Ebay. All I want to play right now is Brutal Legend, Boarderlands, Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, Dragon Age, and L4D2. All those games can be bought on the PS3 except for L4D2 I wish they'd release the thing on PS3 already instead their going to make us wait until probably next fall to release it or they won't release it at all. I am looking forward to playing Ballad of gay Tony though so I guess I'll keep my Xbox 360 but I won't spend one dime on a 3rd party title for my Xbox 360 cause I know someday the thing will overheat and I'll have to endure 2-3 weeks without being able to play my 3rd party games, but if I bought 3rd party games on the PS3 everything would be fine no worries! I might just go out and rent Brutal Legends, Boarderlands, Dragon Age, etc, etc....So wish I had a PS3 and L4D was on it also I'm so tired of playing Fable 2, Halo 3, and Gears of War 2 it's not even funny! Halo 3: ODST sucked IMO, the campaign was annoying just lame altogether, Firefight is fun for a bit me and a friend of mine play it for hours one night but then the next night we were like OMG it's the same freakin' thing over and over, kill first wave, take down Wrath after Wrath every dropship has a Wrath it seems, then after a while invisible brutes with maulers come and finally brutes with hammers come and eventually you die and nothing ever changes when you start a new Firefight game except for scenery when you change maps. Multiplayer is on another disc wow are you kidding me the game isn't even all that huge to not be able to include the multiplayer all onto one disc. They most have not had enough space for the Heroic, Legendary, Mythic, and ODST map packs. The fact that I already own the heroic, legendary, Mythic map pack makes buying ODST even more lame, and the game is a full priced game for what 3 new maps, a lame campaign and firefight.........I wouldn't spend more than 10 bucks if that content was sold as DLC. How much would you spend for firefight, a 10 hour campaign at best, and 3 new maps, I would give microsoft 800 microsoft points at the most for all that content, really the only thing I want is the new maps. Legendary map pack cost me 800 points, heroic I got for free cause I was a late bloome!, and Mythic map pack cost me 800 points all together that $20 extra I've spent on a game I already spent $60 full price for. Now they want another $60 for ODST! I'm too broke and poor for this type of crap and I'd rather spend my money on good games not add-ons that should already be in the games anyway. Just like with L4D2, how hard would it be to include new levels, new characters to choose from a list, new boss zombies, new modes, and melee weapons into the original L4D which cost me $60 bucks. Instead of adding on to an already great game with plenty of fan support the game company completely wants to charge full price for something that should cost very little or nothing at all as DLC. Granted I'll probably still end up buying the damn game cause that's all I do nowadays is play L4D it's a great game to say the least but full priced games should complete games, not just expansions with new campaigns. Why not release every DLC with a new campaign and then rake in the cash all you need to do is hire a writer or two and then the design team will come up with the rest! If I was making games I'd have to think about just how gready that would be to do such a thing!

Posted: October 23, 2009 1:08 AM
    birdykilla
  • Spybreak

First episode of this for me and it was not a waste of time at all (or download, more on that later). Great show?, if that's what you would call it. Please tell the scoring dilemma to the internet community at sites like IGN, Gamespot, Gamesradar and 1up. Those viewers go ape crazy over the score! Oh how can I forget my trusty OXM, I laugh when I read the I can't believe you gave this game a "insert #" in the letters they receive and print. I get the opinions but a lot of people don't know that you can't necessarily compare two different things!

Ok a bit more serious, I think digital distribution is really taking off, steam is a big part of that (XBLA more so for me), but the current state of my local internet is sub par. I'm out in the wilderness so we use a satellite broadband service and they limit how much we can download. I can't believe it myself but what can customers do about it, nothing. That still didn't stop me from downloading the Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise and the first episode of GTAIV, followed by not fully using the internet for another 30 days. ><</safety_wrapper> ;

Posted: October 23, 2009 1:04 AM
    Spybreak
  • Shadou3

GamingSaint, your either very funny or you need to get checked out by a doctor.

Posted: October 23, 2009 12:42 AM
    Shadou3
  • GamingSaint

I if you notice sony Making the PS3 slim and Nintendo is Making new versions of the DS but when you look at microsoft there barley doing any thing except for the new games comining out and Project Natal. Seriously though WTF is up with Microsoft they havent done crap with the 360 in these past couple years!!!

Posted: October 22, 2009 11:05 PM
    GamingSaint
  • ___1

as far as digital distribution goes, I am the type of guy that would rather have a physical copy of the game, music, or whatever else than a digital one on my hard-drive. I like being able to take it out of my "disc tray" and bring it to my friends house and play it there. Also, does digital media allow for multiple downloads? ( For example, deleting a game and being able to download it again years later) That is one thing that I am apprehensive about.

To make Boarderlands a 0 - 5 Half the staff that works at gearbox are flaming homos. /Joking

Posted: October 22, 2009 8:40 PM
    ___1
  • ddooggss6

Nice Show,
    Love how you guys review things in DEPTH!

Can't wait till next week!

Posted: October 22, 2009 8:19 PM
    ddooggss6
  • nbabballer

Everything was going well, until you guys where making fun of a viewer....

I wonder what would happen to Adam, Blair, Patrick and Andrew if no one in this world would watch there show....I lost a lot of respect towards G4 for hiring individuals who think its funny to make fun of the same people who actually make their jobs possible.

I would like to finish with FEEDBACKS performance 0/5!!!!

Just pure disappointment!!!!!