Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Gameplay Footage

Posted: October 5, 2009
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Gameplay Footage
Video_41922
In this X-Play Exclusive, check out brand new, uncut gameplay footage of a never before seen level from the upcoming Wii title, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

• MissChief

It looks like they fixed that wonky camera & movement. I really hated that control scheme.

Posted: October 12, 2009 10:22 AM
    MissChief
  • tommcat25

dam that game is carzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: October 11, 2009 7:10 PM
    tommcat25
  • HadakaRaccoon

Can't wait to play this on my psp go.

Posted: October 11, 2009 7:24 AM
    HadakaRaccoon
  • Live2Game_Game2Live

I dont want to run and hide from monsters I want to slaughter them. He did get a knife out of the cabnit after all. Did he just knock over a tree to try and slow them down? Anyway allmost every game that has a flashlight will give us that certain feel/mood and works in every horror game. I have played all the Silent Hill games and wont stop now. Heres to the horror genre.

Posted: October 10, 2009 3:26 PM
    Live2Game_Game2Live
  • kwfang

the setting and the noise of the wind only blowing and your own footsteps does give it that creepy setting though

Posted: October 6, 2009 8:50 AM
    kwfang
  • The_152_Cat

Actually this is one of the few titles coming out this year that I'm excited to play. I can see why it may not seem interesting to some but as a longtime Silent Hill fan it has my attention. I agree with Blue_Vortex that it will more than likely get a 3/5 but so far I find it more to my tastes than part 4 ever was. I'm not so sure on the entire "cold hell" concept but it definately feels more like 2 and 3 did. However I wish they would've made this its own unique chapter instead of developing it as a retelling of the original story.

As for the creatures, they start out being plain fleshy beings but according to Konami they will evolve through the course of the game to better suit the players personality and play style. Sounds like a good idea to me, besides I'm sure the bosses will prove to be more spectacular. Pluss don't forget that you will have very little in the way of defending yourself and in most cases will be forced to outrun these creatures.

The one caveat I see that this title may dissapoint is that the puzzle elements seem to focus too heavily on physical interaction and not enough on actually being puzzling. Yes I know it's a Wii title and I love being able to virtually interact with onscreen object, but would it hurt you to cause me to pause and think a moment? "I need a key" well good thing it's given to you right around the corner, just be sure you can figure out how to open a wallet.... Come on guys a little difficulty and a lot of innovation is a good combo if you try it.

Posted: October 6, 2009 1:45 AM
    The_152_Cat
  • Coldfusion131

Meh I'll wait for Dead Space 2.

Posted: October 5, 2009 7:50 PM
    Coldfusion131
  • Luck702

i really dont know about this one. from the begining,i noticed that the monsters do seem bland like mronoc89 said, and i hate to say it, but i think that is the ONLY monster your going to fight. i also dont like the new blue otherworld. i always perfered the red world.

Posted: October 5, 2009 7:12 PM
    Luck702
  • mronoc89

I'm not so sure about the menu, it makes it seem as if they're consciously fighting against the idea of immersion by implying that the whole thing is a video playing back on a cam-corder or something. Either way the monsters seem pretty bland for a silent hill game, and the overall experince seems more disorienting than scary

Posted: October 5, 2009 5:59 PM
    mronoc89
  • KING_Nibbler

hey i luv silent hill i don't really care wat they rate it i'm still gonna play it.

Posted: October 5, 2009 5:14 PM
    KING_Nibbler
  • Blue_Vortex

hmmm it's hard to tell if it's actually going to be scary since I'm not playing it but watching someone else. What I will say is that it just doesn't have as good of an atmosphere like Silent Hill 2 or 3 had. And there's just a few things they do visually and sound wise that take away from the experience. I also feel like they're trying to accommodate for the casual a little too much with this game. And I'm a little uncertain about the monsters.
    My guess is that Xplay will either give this game a 2/5 or 3/5, If it's lucky it'll get a 4/5 but I really doubt it.

Posted: October 5, 2009 4:32 PM