Capcom Producer Chats Monster Hunter 3 Tri (Wii) at TGS 09

Posted: October 1, 2009
Capcom Producer Chats Monster Hunter 3 Tri (Wii) at TGS 09
Capcom Producer Ryozo Tsjmoto discusses the Wii version of Monster Hunter 3 Tri and the much talked about online mode.

• whitehunter

i love monster hunter .the entire reason icame on is so i could ask adam to reviw tri asap.im going to git this with a lot of my freinds so i will have a considerable hunting pary ...i hope the figure out how to git the chat working

Posted: February 3, 2010 5:19 PM
    whitehunter
  • RyuuMasato

I LOVE THIS GAME! everything about this game is so unique Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is my first Monster Hunter game I've set my hands on and now I'm so hooked still HR6 though haha xD.

Posted: January 25, 2010 1:46 AM
    RyuuMasato
  • MHikoku

This game will be wonderful. They have only added a kind of tutorial to the beginning Solo Quests and are keeping the difficulty the same as every other Monster Hunter game, that being, if a monster is too difficult to kill there are two potential reasons. First, that your weapons and gear are not strong enough to allow you to kill the monster, or that you aren't good enough to kill it. Monster Hunter has flourished because it is a game of player based skill that doesn't mire itself with the ridiculous addiction that Western gamers have to instant gratification. If you want to feel the euphoria of killing your first Tigrex, or getting your first Elder Dragon Bone, than you are going to have to work for it, and it feels amazing when your work finally pays off.

To all of you who are complaining that it isn't for the PS3 or 360, think about the global amount of units sold for each of these three consoles and then look at the amount of Monster Hunter game units sold in Japan vs. America (this immediately rules out the AMERICAN based 360). True, Sony has held a long standing relationship with Monster Hunter, more specifically CAPCOM, and yes, the series has flourished on the PSP no matter what American reviewers may say (no there will NEVER be a lock-on feature and if its "too hard" go play mario) but when you look at the comparably cheap cost of the Wii and the popularity of the system with everyone from the most casual gamer's parents to the fanatically hard core, it is no wonder that CAPCOM has decided to make the Wii its gateway into the Next-Gen console market.

This is a potential "buy the system for the game" title. With that much hype being built among the already hardcore Monster Hunter following in America, it will be something to see when the Wii console sales start to climb in conjunction with this games April release date here in the States. As an avid Monster Hunter myself, I will most likely be purchasing a Wii solely for this game.

Posted: January 21, 2010 6:46 PM
    MHikoku
  • Ra3000

Well too bad its on the Wii, even Ps3 would have been better then Wii.

This will be a 'never look back' pass

Posted: October 5, 2009 2:17 AM
    Ra3000
  • BahamutKaiser

I really like the gameplay and monsters in this series, but unless they've lowered the amount of monotinous gathering involved, I really don't want to play it.

Posted: October 4, 2009 1:28 PM
    BahamutKaiser
  • torchmoney

this game will b a buy cause online

Posted: October 4, 2009 12:05 PM
    torchmoney
  • LordBreeze

I guess ill have to buy a Wii again.. >.<</safety_wrapper&g t;

Posted: October 4, 2009 7:49 AM
    LordBreeze
  • 140000541

i was really excited for this game, till i played the freedom unite demo. the game is too dang hard. i hope they make a bit easier for begginers

Posted: October 4, 2009 6:31 AM
    140000541
  • Grizzablo

ohhhh. I am very curious =) I look forward to trying it out! Now if only I had friends on the Wii XD

Posted: October 2, 2009 2:46 PM