Sessler's Soapbox: Uncharted 2 is Awesome!

Posted: September 30, 2009
Sessler's Soapbox: Uncharted 2 is Awesome!
Adam sits down to explain why he gave Uncharted 2 such a glowing review and why it is the must play game on PS3 this year.

• luced_minds

only possable on playstation.

Posted: December 18, 2009 9:00 PM
    luced_minds
  • tom8985

Naughty Dog has put out really good games. i downloaded Crash bandicoot the other day and i had a more arcade fun escaping from the violent FPS's to a simpler time. so i had no doubt whether this game would achieve awsomeness this game as Adam Sessler said in the review one of the greatest single player experiences i have ever had and i have played Gears of war,MGS 4,Modern Warfare 2 and Cod 4 just to name a few. but thats my opinion, im just sayin

Posted: November 24, 2009 2:34 AM
    tom8985
  • Doug Otto

In Mirror's Edge you move around on the train.

Posted: November 14, 2009 7:04 PM
    Doug+Otto
  • makessense

Having played LittleBigPlanet, Grand Theft Auto 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Uncharted 2, I can safely say that Uncharted is not the best game on the PS3, however, the very fact that it can go toe to toe with LBP, MGS4, and GTA4 is an incredible feat. Also Uncharted 2 is arguably the most accessible and universally appealing of the three (LBP being its only true rival in that category). It is an incredible game, one of the best and is yet another reason that the PS3 is quickly catching up with the 360. If I was Microsoft I would be concerned...very concerned.

Posted: October 18, 2009 12:38 PM
    makessense
  • Scooby4ever

I must say after seing this video you earned loads of kudos. I like how you included your own story ex: going up 6 clock and tip on your toes not to wake up your wife lol. Loved that one! I kinda have the same thing but i have kids as well. Anyway It gets harder to keep my kids away with this type of games comming out so i think i will gonna need buy a ps3 for myself, no more reason not to buy.

Thanks for putting so much effort and feeling about this game.

Posted: October 11, 2009 9:19 AM
    Scooby4ever
  • GamerHero

This is why you should get a PS3!!!!!!

Posted: October 10, 2009 12:05 PM
    GamerHero
  • jlward2

Being roughly the same age as Adam I have always valued his opinion as an (sorry Adam) older gamer, most reviewers are in their twenties and have diffrent values when it comes to games. Reading Adam's review and seeing the video was enough to get me to preorder a game for the first time, normally i would have waited until a price drop, heck I only finished Uncharted 1 two weeks ago. As far as Adam being an X-box fanboy, lets face it, there are just starting to be great PS3 exclusive games coming out, and I have noticed that when a game is multi-platform developers have a tendancy to put more effort into X-box games, look at Fallout 3 for example, the graphics aren't as good on PS3 even though it is a more powerful system, and it took forever to get the DLC. Anyway, my point is Adam, keep up the great work and i will continue to watch and read it.

Posted: October 9, 2009 9:38 AM
    jlward2
  • ultima12

Good review Adam. I know I've talked crap about you before by saying that your an Xbox fanboy but I guess I have to eat my words now. Even when I did think that I still never missed X-Play with you and Morgan. Even if you are still an Xbox fanboy I still appreciate the fact that you can recognize a seemingly great PS3 game and give it it's due credit. You've made me even more insanely excited for this game now. Thanks!!!

Posted: October 5, 2009 8:18 AM
    ultima12
  • sonicspd145

I first watched the review then watched your soapbox and i must say that was a great written review. very organized and a good read. Let me ask you something Adam have you ever disliked a CEO for a company? For me its Bobby Kottick. i cant stand him for what he is saying. i mean saying you cant have fun while developing a game. i mean if your not having fun developing the game does that mean that the game isnt gonna be fun. This guy is so full of himself.

Posted: October 4, 2009 11:17 PM
  • the_azure_knight

i wish i had the power to time travel right now i really want this game

Posted: October 4, 2009 7:53 PM
    the_azure_knight
  • airsquadron654

I'm not trashing the game or anything, and I already pre-ordered it, but in infamous, you can move on a train to. In Over the Hedge, you can move on a train and there are many other games that allow you that freedom, but I understand what Adam's saying. He's saying you never really saw such a great component to a level that made train-hopping so good. And besides, hobos train-hop all the time.

Posted: October 4, 2009 5:26 AM
    airsquadron654
  • xL7717

I still can't figure out why I'm still on the fence with this game. It sounds great, I have the cash for it, yet I'm worried I won't like it. I never played the first one. I guess that's one reason why I'm on the fence with this. Secondly, I'm just worried I won't like it....which is why it upset me that the demo was the multiplayer mode and not something from the single player campaign. I'm not saying the game is bad or anything, I'm just concerned it won't fit my gaming style.

Posted: October 3, 2009 5:10 PM
    xL7717
  • shagojyo

This game looks absolutely amazing. Uncharted and Resistance and Mag are pretty much the reasons i am trying to get a ps3 but unfortuanatley I bought one on craigs list from a guy and got totally scammed so now im out like 230 bucks and dont have enough money to just go out and buy a ps3 /cry but hoping to maybe get some money for christmas or so and play uncharted 2

Posted: October 2, 2009 9:55 PM
    shagojyo
  • xnerd23x

need PS3!
    need UNCHARTED 2
    NEED BRUTAL LEGENDS
    NEED BORDERLANDS

need a life?'
    xD
    never

Posted: September 30, 2009 10:30 PM
    xnerd23x
  • zlo2

Last time I woke up early in the morning to play a game was about 7 years ago, and that game was Mafia 1. Ahh . . . the good times.
    I just wish I could do that now.

Posted: September 30, 2009 8:23 PM
    zlo2
  • Resident_Malo

Cant Wait !!!!!

Posted: September 30, 2009 8:06 PM
    Resident_Malo
  • Alcarran

I personally agree with Adam very much. I've only played the multi-player demo, but just that sold me completely on how fun the game was. It was just purely fun, and everything was in balance. Now I love games like Resident Evil 4 and 5, Gears of War and other Shoulder-Shooters, but the Uncharted series without a doubt just takes the cake in that category.

Posted: September 30, 2009 7:24 PM
    Alcarran
  • Aurailious

For a while now I have been considering a PS3. I use a 360 now for various reasons, as well as a PC. I really do not give a damn about which is better, and I personally hate any and all forms of fanboyism.

So with the release of Uncharted 2, and more games on the way the PS3 is shaping up well. It will enter my inventory soon, especially because of the price drop.

Posted: September 30, 2009 6:24 PM
    Aurailious
  • HAMMERCLAW

Finally, after three long years, a game that will motivate to buy a PS3!

Posted: September 30, 2009 6:09 PM
    HAMMERCLAW
  • Dreamgod247

Uncharted Drake Fortune, was the first game I played on my ps3. I told my friend, holp crap, this game is freaking awesome. I'd spend more time playing Uncharted, than Call of Duty 4, because how great the game play was. So far I played the game three times, on different difficulties. To me, Uncharted is the best ps3 game so far and I think Uncharted 2 will be even better. I can see why the Sess Man is so excited, and he got to play the game weeks before the release date.

Posted: September 30, 2009 5:15 PM