Morgan Webb Demos Project Natal with Kudo Tsunoda at TGS 09

Posted: September 29, 2009
Morgan Webb Demos Project Natal with Kudo Tsunoda at TGS 09
X-Play host Morgan Webb chats with Microsoft Creative Director Kudo Tsunoda about Project Natal and gets a demo of this much talked about add-on for the Xbox 360.

• Heaven's_Devil

ok for all the people ragging on Natal, SHUT UP. its not even freaking out yet.i've found that video games are like food. try it before you judge it. its a new idea and a step in a new direction. think about this. what if the next set of consoles uses this type of technology ALONG with a controler. so, for instance, a game that monitors your heart rate, stress level, twitches(like a rocket flys over your head in game so you actually duck while ur sitting on the couch), etcetera and integrates those things into your in-game character. you have to think about the applications of this technology for future inventions and not just say "nintendo tried that and failed so this is automatically gonna suck balls". give it a chance people. we'll so where it goes.

Posted: May 2, 2010 10:55 PM
    Heaven's_Devil
  • Frankotaco

This looks interesting. Been hearing alot of talk about Natal. But has anyone with video experience worked with this? Cameras are all about lighting. And every example is in a convention space that has studio lighting, or on a video that could of been edited with special effects. I want to see Natal used in a real home with typical lighting that would be used while playing games, THEN see how accurate it is to movement and facial recognition.

Posted: October 6, 2009 3:37 PM
    Frankotaco
  • Flynfsh

LOL the actual gameplay looks horrible, looks like microsoft just scooped up the PS eye concept after sony dropped it! lol - that's what they've come to

btw how much money do you think M$ paid that salesman, and where in the top 20 salesmen in the world do you think he ranks?

Posted: October 2, 2009 2:35 PM
    Flynfsh
  • AgentMark

You can tell Kudo Tsunoda is really into this. He is pressing this as hard as he can press it.

Posted: October 2, 2009 4:42 AM
    AgentMark
  • pantycricket

Gee, did they rip off the graphics from the Wii? If I wanted motion control id buy a Wii. If I want hardcore id buy a PS3, which I have. I will never do Motion control ever again. I had a Wii, it blows, I got rid of Wii!! YAY!! 360 owners have a lot to cheer for now!! It will be so much better than PS3, now the Project "We Wanna BE Wii" is coming out!!!

Posted: October 1, 2009 8:04 AM
    pantycricket
  • erob90

They talk about face recognition and stuff and the only thing theyve shown for real is that game (the same they showed at E3) with the girl kicking balls...

that natal thing starts to look like a big failure.

BTW, PS owners already have a a lot of those games for the PS Eye on the PS Store . lol

Posted: October 1, 2009 2:38 AM
    erob90
  • PatrickBateman215

First: I would like to say is, I really dont like Morgan Webb for some reason. I dont know why

Second: Motion Controls in my opinion ruin gaming. Thats something that has to be perfected down to a T and not to mention, most gamers ether prefer a controller or a Mouse and Keyboard, Hell, I like using a mouse and a keyboard more then a controller but meh.

Motion Controls = Naaaaaaaaah.

Posted: October 1, 2009 12:06 AM
    PatrickBateman215
  • Adrenalyn915

Okay, most of you should know by now that I'm not the biggest XBOX 360 fan... nor do I think natal (or sony's motion control) will be the next big thing in gaming. But neither of these are the reasons I will most likely never give natal a chance... the reason is because of the skeevy-lookin' guy, that always wears the woman's sunglasses indoors! I mean, come on... who does that?

Posted: September 30, 2009 8:47 PM
    Adrenalyn915
  • Mr_Eko_73

Yes, Mr. Tsunoda, I would like to buy a car from you. Its a "Pinto" you say? Sign me up for 2 please!

Posted: September 30, 2009 7:39 PM
    Mr_Eko_73
  • Anonymous7349

Ubisoft is a Canadian developer you retard, also you didn't mention BioWare...? They made your Mass effect, pretty much the best game on the xbox, I guess counting EA counts in BioWare..

Posted: September 30, 2009 7:32 PM
    Anonymous7349
  • pmc_soap

in ur guys opinion does this and the ps3 thing kill the wii wen both are released

Posted: September 30, 2009 7:05 PM
    pmc_soap
  • xXsuperpooperXx

I think natal looks pretty cool. But i still hope they still try to keep things centered around controllers. like thats what gamings about, thats where it started. Like im not sayin the wii or natal or even the sony wand isnt nice, and be fun to play. im just sayin if all gaming starts gettin based around motion gaming and everthing, then we'll be moving away from the gaming we all know and love. We'll be gettin closer and closer to like virtual reality, then actual just gaming.

Posted: September 30, 2009 6:53 PM
    xXsuperpooperXx
  • Metalstorm98

ITS NOT GOING TO BE FORCED ON UNWILLING DEVELOPERS STOP SAYING ITS GOING TO RUIN THE SYSTEM... ITS NOT LIKE ITS GUNNA BE MANDATORY IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY IT THEN DONT BUT STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE IF YOU DONT WANA PLAY IT WONT AFFECT YOU

Posted: September 30, 2009 4:48 PM
    Metalstorm98
  • HurricaneGotham

I feel like this is going to be used more as an accessory for games rather than having complete games based around it. This kind of tech would be much better off being packaged with the next xbox.

Posted: September 30, 2009 4:41 PM
    HurricaneGotham
  • project319

i don't know about everyone else but i just don't this tech being used in any more then arcade games, i don't see this being used for full feature games like modern warfare 2, gears or halo using, i could possibly see resident evil 5 be used since there using the ps3 motion controller for next year, but that's about it, personal i still prefer a controller

Posted: September 30, 2009 4:37 PM
    project319
  • Chuckupman

Wow that guy looked and dressed like a complete tool.

Natal look cool though

Posted: September 30, 2009 3:47 PM
    Chuckupman
  • DarrenZX07

everybody?? luvs natal??? not me. i'm a hardcore 360 gamer but natal is just makin 360 even more casual. natal is sht. controllers are still the best. plus how will people luv soo many glitches and inaccurate movements and motion. wii is still bettr at motion next is the super accurate PS3 motion controllers

Posted: September 30, 2009 3:28 PM
    DarrenZX07
  • cb25cb

is it jut me or is this just a eyetoy ripoff

Posted: September 30, 2009 3:26 PM
    cb25cb
  • xxzachlxx

Is it just me or does that guy look like the biggest sleeze ball ever? He looks like he's some all pro scam artist. Plus he's making something seem 10X better than it really is. I just feel for some reason like I'm getting con'd

Posted: September 30, 2009 2:40 PM
    xxzachlxx
  • tale170iota151

I don't see why people ignore the PS EYE in general. yeah it sucked but will natal be better i going with no untill they add a microsoft wand thats just like the sony wand. thats right i am first to say it microsoft wand. otherwise lets see new RE5 or brick out. i cant make up my mind...wait yeah re5 ftw.

Posted: September 30, 2009 12:25 PM