Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron GamesCom Interview

Posted: August 26, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron GamesCom Interview
LucasArts PR Specialist Chris Cook previews Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron for the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP at GamesCom 2009.

• badgarok725

oh man, that whole X2 thing sounds like an increbidly horrible cliche. Did i hear wrong, or did he say that Order 66 started in Episode 1? I hope George isn't helping with this, because the story doesn't sound like something he might do, because it sounds bad. Did he also say this is their biggest battlefront game yet? SWBF2 was WAY bigger just because it was on consoles, not handhelds. At a time that we are begging for a new Battlefront, Lucasarts throws something at us that barely anyone can appreciate (because you know that a lot of the people with a DS definitely played and loved the first two games). Isn't it the turn for the console now since the last game was on the handheld (not counting LOTR conquest even though it was made by Pandemic.)

Lucasarts, please make us stop losing hope in the battlefront franchise and announce #3. This whole transition thing would be great on a 360

Posted: September 11, 2009 5:27 PM
    badgarok725
  • willywonkamusic

is x2 wearing a hoth robe thing?

Posted: September 6, 2009 6:53 PM
    willywonkamusic
  • M_XX_99

I do hope you will see the error in your ways and not let another much beloved franchise slide away into obscurity, even if you do have a certain knack for that kind of thing.

glad i got that off my chest

Posted: August 30, 2009 4:13 PM
    M_XX_99
  • M_XX_99

Now I know that there have been a number of setbacks, and that the game was in development over in Free Radical, but they went and closed down in these uncertain times. And maybe that's why your holding off on the project perhaps? Your unsure it would do well in the current financial climate? NO! No matter what way you look at it, video games are still selling, and there's no shadow of a doubt that Battlefront 3 would sell well. Why can't you give the game back to Pandemic Studios to develop. They've done a top notch job in the past.

This may seem unfair George / nameless lucasarts employee. However I've felt inclined to write this letter ever since I heard that yes, you were developing a new battlefront game, but that it would be another title for the PSP and DS systems. Why do you insist to waste our time, and your time, with these pointless little games on the portable systems when you could be putting your efforts to better use. So far all of the portable Battlefront titles have been mediocre at best, and this is not what the people want. A new Battlefront iteration is sorely needed for the current generation consoles.

Posted: August 30, 2009 4:12 PM
    M_XX_99
  • M_XX_99

However I am concerned. I would like to know when exactly you are, as a company going to pull your collective thumbs out of your arse's and get to work on the third iteration of Star Wars: Battlefront. Let me lay out the facts for you here now, as I see them, but I must say I'm surprised if no one else in your multi-million dollar company saw this. Star Wars Battlefront was released in 2004 and was instantly a hit. Star Wars Battlefront 2 also had great success and went on to become the best selling Star Wars game of all time. Surely this is an indication that these games are extremely popular, and therefore sell well. Do you see? Hang on, let me spell it out for you, incase you missed that point while staring at this letter over your vast piles of cash.

Star Wars Battlefront is POPULAR. Therefore if you make a sequel it's bound to SELL well. If fans are DEMANDING a new title it's going to make you MONEY.

Yeah that's right, Mr Lucas. Money. Now I mentioned large amounts of cash, because in my mind, the only reason I see you not making another game is because you are resting on your laurels somewhat, not seeing the point to make the effort. Or it could just come down to simple retardation.

Posted: August 30, 2009 4:11 PM
    M_XX_99
  • M_XX_99

Let me first say that I am very fond of a number of products you have put out over the years. I know that you as a developer and a publisher have the ability to bring out some top notch quality products. And for this I thank you. With a number of successful franchises under your belt, it is clear that there are many talented teams of people who excel in producing enjoyable gaming experiences.

Posted: August 30, 2009 4:11 PM
    M_XX_99
  • xgard

i love star wars the psp is a great handheld and im loven hearing ps3 and 360 (a crapy console enyway) complaning how much the psp and ds (another crapy console) is geting the greatest spin of ever. oh and if u wont buy a psp your jest chep because u can the fat one is only $115.99 + tax.

Posted: August 28, 2009 7:02 PM
    xgard
  • FaroDemon

Yeah, good idea making it for the PSP. This is why you fail........

Posted: August 28, 2009 11:24 AM
    FaroDemon
  • alecsteven6

Beautiful new gameplay! And finally PSP users can hear PS3 and Xbox players complain! Muahahahahahahah!!!!

Anyway, I love the feature that you can go from ground to space just like that. I've always wanted that. This game is gonna be awesome!

Posted: August 28, 2009 9:37 AM
  • lltheFacell

Screw handheld battlefront games! I want battlefront 3!

Posted: August 27, 2009 8:38 PM
    lltheFacell
  • CujoSWAoA

I'm not buying a PSP.

Posted: August 27, 2009 7:13 PM
    CujoSWAoA
  • M_XX_99

I would like this for the PS3 but i am happy with SWBFES because it is showing many improvements to the series, however they could(should(better)) make a game for the PS3 and Xbox360...

Posted: August 27, 2009 6:57 PM
    M_XX_99
  • Itsme456

Now why can't they make this for consoles

Posted: August 27, 2009 6:31 PM
    Itsme456
  • alan31362

blasphemy.
    it's "tauntaun", isn't it?
    don't trample on my childhood!

Posted: August 27, 2009 6:16 PM