Avatar: Hype or Disappointment?

Posted: August 20, 2009
Avatar: Hype or Disappointment?

With the release of Avatar's teaser trailer, the public opinion has ranged from excitement to disappointment. Kevin Pereira talks to Patrick Sauriol from Corona Coming Attractions on whether or not James Cameron's latest project can live up to its hype or could flop in the box office.

• theblindswordsman

why can't people just enjoy forms of art for what they are. when you over analyze these things you end up ruining the overall experience. but what do i know....

Posted: August 31, 2009 5:15 PM
    theblindswordsman
  • jake75

this is freaking gay

Posted: August 31, 2009 8:56 AM
    jake75
  • SvenTheReturned

ok, so i hate seeing a whole movie in the few minute preview with that said i'm glad the trailer is reserved... but its not that reserved for anyone that watches movies. anyone who watches movies alson knows james cameron is an amazing film maker. thats all that matters... and no one has the rights to the word avatar!!!! look it up in the dictionary, you're not gonna find some skinny jap drawn kid and get confused at the same time either

Posted: August 29, 2009 8:21 PM
    SvenTheReturned
  • steel_tip8

Kevin, on Attack Of The Show during the LOOP segment, you said you did not understand what the movie was about from the trailer. The first time I saw the trailer I knew exactly what it was about.
    When I saw the ad for the trailer which just showed the name "Avatar" I initial thought what "SPIKEthePercussionist" thought it was about the animated show which I enjoy watching with my grandson.
    But when I saw the trailer itself I knew right away, what it was about. It is about a paraplegic who travels to another planet and is given the chance to have his mind downloaded into an "Avatar" and live the rest of his life walking as a different being. Then a new universal government takes over and needs to destroy all the humanoids on the planet, probably because they're different.
    Before "The Last Airbender" an Avatar was you self portrait or who you would like to be when you went to "Second Life" or other sites on the Web and if I'm not mistaken that's what they still call them.

Posted: August 27, 2009 10:55 PM
    steel_tip8
  • SPIKEthePercussionis

why in the hell would you use the name AVATAR for your movie knowing full well that a little show called AVATAR : The Last Airbender is out and about making a movie by the same name? Oh wait....some suit and tie probably made them remove AVATAR from the movie title. Jerks... oh well at least Aaang and Aaapa will be on the big screen!

Posted: August 27, 2009 12:51 PM
    SPIKEthePercussionis
  • peepees

does`nt look that good and looks like it would give nightmares.

Posted: August 27, 2009 9:15 AM
    peepees
  • blueshadow24

eh... I'm reserving judgment until I get more info...

Posted: August 26, 2009 10:41 AM
    blueshadow24
  • Element_Cubed

So what another District 9 esc. movie?
    A human military dude becomes one of the aliens and see's what the military is doing with them so joins them to defeat the humans?

Posted: August 25, 2009 10:36 AM
    Element_Cubed
  • alphafemale

The animation is horrible. Horrible. For a movie that Cameron has been working on for what, like 7 years?--c'mon, computer graphics have come a long way since Toy Story.

Posted: August 24, 2009 7:26 PM
    alphafemale
  • biowade2042

hmm when i heard about this show it just hit me i thaught it was the avatar aang from air bender but turned into this hard core cgi movie i dont mind the movie but it should give warning 1st i this is the 1st time i seen this trailer today man wat a kick in the nuts but somehow refreshing mood in you hmm this movie looks like its gonna hit good ratings n credits from the critics i support it good job to the producers n directors

Posted: August 22, 2009 8:51 PM
    biowade2042
  • scuppo

Same people i heard complain about Shadow complex then turned around singing it praises. Give it time and see how it developes instead of shooting it down. After its released feel free to judge..geez

Posted: August 21, 2009 10:04 PM
    scuppo
  • darklighter1

Looks like a Clone Wars episode. Lousy!!!

Posted: August 21, 2009 8:05 PM
    darklighter1
  • gl3bm

is this about aang and all them from nickolodean?

Posted: August 21, 2009 6:11 PM
    gl3bm
  • MissChief

That critic must be slow because I was able figure out the basic plot from the trailer. I absolutely hate it when a trailer tells the entire story so that you have no surprises when you go to the film. If they show too much, then you know, oh he can't die yet because they haven't shown that one scene. There are aliens, explosions, and space ships - really, you don't need to tell me more to get me in the theater.

Posted: August 21, 2009 4:57 PM
    MissChief
  • ProudFilipino

this movie has hype and will end up a disappointment

Posted: August 21, 2009 3:35 PM
    ProudFilipino
  • Rurouni_Chuwy

The first 30 seconds seemed like it was a Halo movie...A Dark Knight this is not...

Posted: August 21, 2009 2:04 PM
    Rurouni_Chuwy
  • metaglyph

These two guys must be have too many braincells missing from partying too much. I knew NOTHING about Avatar before watching the trailer and I totally got the plot from the trailer just as the interviewee guy up there described it. Plus the movie looked amazing. I don't know what these two guys are going on about. They are dead wrong.

Posted: August 21, 2009 1:22 PM
    metaglyph
  • FullMetal_Gam3r

no body read long coments latinoish_bwbhair duh!!

Posted: August 21, 2009 12:53 PM
    FullMetal_Gam3r
  • latinoish_bwbhair

no the story is obvious; humans are evil a dude gets turned to an alien and fights too save the planet from the evil humans, and maybe a few tribesman that want his girl and hate humans too. That's not the problem; the design is on the level of Delgo, and I just don't get it.
    It will do well! At least I hope it does well, but really this wasn't a great idea. The world is goofy and the storytelling bland, I hope they can fix it up, if they do well enough for a sequel. Blue people? ....again? after fifth element, battle of the planets, voltron, etc. come on man!!

Posted: August 21, 2009 11:57 AM
    latinoish_bwbhair
  • gameruler8721

I have a bad feeling this is going to be more Titanic adn less Aleins. Plus i thought the CG did not even look that good.

Posted: August 21, 2009 11:30 AM