Halo 3: ODST Preview

Posted: August 24, 2009
Halo 3: ODST Preview
Morgan Webb gives us a preview of 'Halo 3: ODST,' talking about the plot of the game, and some of the characters you might encounter while you're playing it when it drops in September.

• byobplz37

the 1 person said it was in expansion but its not its a whole game so dont talk if u dont no what your talkin about
    But the games gunna be sick

Posted: September 19, 2009 2:31 PM
    byobplz37
  • may_berry

people who have played it have called it kinda mediocre. we'll see.

Posted: September 10, 2009 12:08 PM
    may_berry
  • sham_o

this games sick

Posted: August 29, 2009 10:14 AM
    sham_o
  • Biohazard_197

Quick Question....... Does ODST access your Halo 3 save file to retrieve your pre-existing multiplayer data?

Or do you have to start all over again?

Posted: August 27, 2009 7:25 PM
    Biohazard_197
  • Hijoxizmo

Thanks dieformetal665 :)

Posted: August 27, 2009 5:13 PM
    Hijoxizmo
  • tha504headbussa

This is actually looks to be one of the few satisfying games coming out this fall/winter..the only other games that look to be worth while are this, MW2, Marvel Alliance 2, LFD2 and Splinter Cell...most of the other great titles come out early next year, but i do expect some delays in the future...i feel like most of the other games listed will only be a let down...for instance...i was psyched about borderlands...until i saw the artwork for it...so there will have to be a lot of budgeting in the future regardless...but just take a second look at those so called "Hot" titles...

Posted: August 25, 2009 9:49 PM
    tha504headbussa
  • sillyreaper

freak'n sweet this game is gunna rock!

Posted: August 25, 2009 3:22 PM
    sillyreaper
  • dieformetal665

well as a ps3 owner who has only played halo once or twice, and loved COD 4 i have to say that i do not like halo. at all. i could like it if it were more like call of duty bc cod is realistic. in halo the jumping is retarded, and i just dont understand the controls. with that said, halo has an exelent storyline and has great online multiplayer. ODST looks pretty good, but if i were an xbox owner i would pass on by it and get modern warfare 2.

p.s. the gamer world needs more people who think like hijoxizmo and leakime
    p.s.s. i dont mean to piss people off with this comment. i just want to express my own opinion

Posted: August 20, 2009 10:24 AM
    dieformetal665
  • Hijoxizmo

You know what is funny about all this, sooner or later COD freaks are going to be ragging on Halo for stealing the whole First Person concept. Do people really have to go out of their way to find and tell everyone that one certain aspect of a game is familiar to another. WHO CARES! The game is still gonna be friggin awsome!

Posted: August 19, 2009 7:56 AM
    Hijoxizmo
  • slickaa

i think even though bungie is mainly known for halo it would be a better idea to throw a whole new concept on the table. Halo was good but now its old. I have to admit, halo changed the world but i think that they can come up with a game that is just as interesting and very original. if they have become a sucess, then you'll see some montages of it on youtube. Hijoxizomo and Leakime, keep on rocking in the reality free world!

Posted: August 18, 2009 3:21 PM
    slickaa
  • Hijoxizmo

Thanks Leakime for shuting everyone up, I mean its ok for Call Of Duty to put out 5 games and a 6th one this fall, but if Bungie even thinks about releasing a 4th halo game its stupid.

Oh ya and no one plays Halo 3 anymore; eventhough every time I go online there is at least 150 000 players online!

Posted: August 18, 2009 9:12 AM
    Hijoxizmo
  • sneak787

I completely agree with leakime, just because this is a full game and has some things that another awesome game has does not mean we need to consider it a terrible games. Think about what games would be like if the people who made games never stole anything from another game. We would more than likely be able to count them on our hands!

Posted: August 17, 2009 6:31 PM
    sneak787
  • leakime

Wow it never ceases to amaze me that so many people can be malcontent with an amazing game.
    Shall we re-cap on the complaints.
    -To much money, this amazing amount of new content should be 10 bucks that way Bungie will go broke wahhhhh
    -has cool halo2 and halo3 weapons, that's dumb wahhh
    -has firefight which steals from CoD therefore making it not fun waahhhh
    -I'm not smart enough to take the time to figure out a complex, deep, and interesting story wahhh
    -Bungie has made too many Halo games I think I'd rather stick with another franchise that has made so many reiterations and sequels it's mind boggling wahhhh
    -The little bit of gameplay footage shows me that the enemy AI is dumb even though its obviously not on legendary WAHHH
    -I'd rather have Halo 4 now because I have no patience and don't want to wait until the next generation of consoles where the Halo 4 deserves to be released with photo realistic graphics and improved everything. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH H

Come on guys this game is going to be great and with all of the extra content it is going to be played by Xbox gamers for years to come, just like Halo 3 is now.

Posted: August 17, 2009 5:30 PM
    leakime
  • KilferMF

I'm easily picking CoD: MW2 before I get this (if I do). Don't get me wrong, I've played all the Halo's, and I DID prefer CoD: MW, but I don' think Halo's a bad game.

This game however takes so much from CoD, I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed a perk system too.
    - The entire HUD is a near perfect replica of the classic CoD HUD
    - Red blurred vision upon taking damage
    - No shields, just damage, and recovery over-time

Yeah, I'm gonna buy from the original creators of this kind of game, which is too why I really don't care for WaW much.

Posted: August 17, 2009 9:09 AM
    KilferMF
  • ShotgunBoy22

Morgan is right the stroy line is confusing.Flatout confusing so whats the point of making this game?there is no point in making a game that doesnt contiune the last game before this one.This game could not possibly get any better so if Bungie keeps saying its going to be the best game ever there wrong because this one is going to make me have cronic diarey for a week.

Posted: August 17, 2009 8:40 AM
    ShotgunBoy22
  • T_Rexx

"....The journey is the point her" come say it Morgan....there's nothing new, they are whoring this Halo franchise to the ground.

And the sad thing is a few gullible people are still buying it. lol sad sad sad

Posted: August 17, 2009 7:43 AM
    T_Rexx
  • hxkvndkgnd

Again the AI look incredibly stupid come on!!!! Why does the Brute let you get up close to shoot him when he is reloading???!!!!! He should be trying to hit or something not standing there

Posted: August 16, 2009 9:21 PM
    hxkvndkgnd
  • gihabe

hopen halo 3 0dst rocks
    but halo recon woulld of made more cooler

Posted: August 15, 2009 12:41 PM
    gihabe
  • TheBlackstar117

Also, going back and useing weps from halo 3, durring the halo2 time line drives me crasy.... its like useing the sparton lazer in halo2

Posted: August 15, 2009 10:08 AM
    TheBlackstar117
  • TheBlackstar117

Nice new halo game, but it seems that the ODST guys r as good as Master cheif

Posted: August 15, 2009 10:05 AM