Sessler Breaks Into Batman: Arkham Asylum

Posted: August 11, 2009
Sessler Breaks Into Batman: Arkham Asylum

Take a nice, soothing game break with X-Play's Adam Sessler, who stops by for an early review on Batman: Arkham Asylum. Find out whether or not it's the best Batman game ever created.

• danman10

i am a big batmanfan and if i wer not i still love the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: September 7, 2009 12:26 PM
    danman10
  • Dark_Dimen

Hi Adam,
    Some reviewer on G4 gave this game a 4/5. What's the deal with that? Can you do us a favor and do a 2nd opinion review? Other reviews are in the low 90's. The 4/5 gives it a 80%. If you personally think it deserves a 5/5, please let us know.
    Thanks

Posted: August 24, 2009 10:29 AM
    Dark_Dimen
  • ozziekun

Played the demo, was very impressed, controls were nice, camera to me was OK compared to other over the shoulder games. the feel and look makes you think your actually in the "loony bin" with them.
    P.S. Joker is and always will be the greatest Villain in Batman!!!

Posted: August 21, 2009 7:53 PM
    ozziekun
  • arenassmart

Must GET GAME to help Earth . I WAANTTT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T

Posted: August 19, 2009 9:04 AM
    arenassmart
  • zelda1008

I downloaded the demo the first day it came out and was amazed by it. It's not just some button masher, you actually have to use counters, take downs,your batarang, etc. if you wanna maximize your score. The stealth elements are great and the graphics are excellent. Definite day one purchase for me and many others as well.

Posted: August 17, 2009 6:44 PM
    zelda1008
  • jdos776

Got the demo thought that the free flow was cool enough to keep my intrest through out the game, I just hope that the enemies increase in difficulty to keep it challenging, I think the one aspect that will either make of break this game will be, how much of a detective do you have to be in order to complete the game. if the puzzles are not challenging enough to stay interesting and the the approach to every challenge becomes repetitive that is where the game will fail.

Posted: August 17, 2009 5:28 PM
    jdos776
  • Xboc980

I can't wait for this game and I am kind of disapointed that the joker is onlyplaable on the ps3 version while we xbox owners aren't treated with the same gameplay. But still I wish I could play as the joker so im pretty upset that I can't. I do hope that later they release a DLC for Xbox just to play the joker but I hope it's free. Besides this comments I love this game and I can't wait to play this game this probably would bew the only game I'll play until I complete it.

Posted: August 15, 2009 1:21 PM
    Xboc980
  • Madav

To those naysayers that are foolish enough to talk about things like there not being a mere jump button: Are you really that amiss that such an insignificant feature (particularly for this game) is one of the only faults you can find with the game? That actually says more about you than it does about the game and it further proves that this game is that good. And for that matter, has Batman ever - in his 70 years of history - been known to hop around like a maniac? No, he's precise with his leaps and bounds; using gadgets, athleticism and precision, as well as diving to evade danger. This is exactly what Batman:AA allows for the player to do.

Honestly, I am in awe with the free-flow combat system. It gives the you just the right amount of control to time attacks and counter intuitively - it's not just a gimmick.

Don't take anybody's word for it though; download the demo, free off http://www.batmanarkhamasylum. com/start for the PC or at each console's respective store.

Posted: August 14, 2009 6:56 PM
    Madav
  • notmyday

TROLL HAS BEING DETECTED camaro72toy IGNORING MODE ACTIVATED (AWESOME GAME CANT WAIT 4 THE GAME TOO COME OUT

Posted: August 13, 2009 8:56 PM
    notmyday
  • AngelsandDemons

Yeah...I noticed the absence of the jump button in the demo as well. However, I also noticed that you don't really need it based on how the combat is designed. Just open your mind to the developer's vision. Having all those vehicle levels don't guarantee entertainment.

Posted: August 13, 2009 11:04 AM
    AngelsandDemons
  • RobbyMac217

@camaro72toy

Obvious troll is obvious.

Posted: August 13, 2009 8:22 AM
    RobbyMac217
  • camaro72toy

How DARE YOU compare this pile of garbage to a great game franchise like Assasins Creed.I'm so mad,cause I was really looking foreward to a great Batman game,one with a jump button in it,some swimming levels,maybe drive the BatMobile,but NOPE,
    You won't see any of this in this pile of garbage.The great looking graphics are supposed to sucker you into buying this game,and with nothing else on the horizon for at least a couple of months,they got you.THIS GAME SUCKS,MAKE THE REAL BATMAN GAME,YOU KNOW,THE ONE WITH THE JUMP BUTTON IN IT!!!!!!!!!

Posted: August 12, 2009 7:12 PM
    camaro72toy
  • camaro72toy

This Game Sucks,on a MASSIVE SCALE.I HATE the slow mo crap, and worst of all NO JUMP BUTTON???? ARE YOU Freaking JOKING ME ?!! This Really pisses me off.There better at least be Boating Levels,Bat copter-flying levels,swimming under water stuff AT THE VERY BARE MINIMUM.Come on,did anyone have a brain when they made this game ?Oh-Ah,nice graphics,that doesn't mean squat when the gameplay,and they ideas behind it are complete idiocy to it's highest peak.Make a REAL game,one that doesn't insult my intellegence.

Posted: August 12, 2009 7:07 PM
    camaro72toy
  • v1nz1984

I dloaded the demo on the psn and like some other people who made a comment on this game, i would have to agree that the game is pretty good to play. You could unlock more gadgets , as Adam sessler mentioned, and plus you can explore the level. THis game has a very good stealth action put into it along with combat melee moves. Its like a mixture of MGS gameplay with KRATOS moves put into one. I surely will get this game.

Posted: August 12, 2009 3:22 PM
    v1nz1984
  • christof_

very pleasantly surprised by the demo. voice acting and graphics maybe not the best they could be but i love this fresh take on batman and the gameplay was great

Posted: August 12, 2009 2:10 PM
    christof_
  • Esq

I played the Demo, I personally didn't like the controls (though those can probably be changed), either way the demo nor the videos I've watched sold me on it. It just isn't on of the games I will be getting this year, or the next. (They did a good job on the slow-motion camera effect for when you make the final blow, the engine is okay but it doesn't flow well enough for the game play).

Posted: August 12, 2009 5:00 AM
    Esq
  • the_azure_knight

god i want this game

Posted: August 11, 2009 11:44 PM
    the_azure_knight
  • naughtydoggus

Played the Demo. Loved it. Can't wait for the real deal.

Posted: August 11, 2009 8:50 PM