Guitar Hero 5 Preview

Posted: August 7, 2009
Guitar Hero 5 Preview
Get a preview of 'Guitar Hero 5' as Adam Sessler takes you to Neversoft where Project Director Brian Bright talks about the game's improvements including Party Play, Fan Moments, band save system and the new 'Guitar Hero 5' Guitar peripheral.

• Ngcod4

Also, for the next gh game, GUITAR HERO: IRON MAIDEN!!!

Posted: August 15, 2009 9:32 AM
    Ngcod4
  • Ngcod4

the only good change i saw was the plastic notchs on the slide bar, but i made my own with a piece of scotch tape. i agree with others that all these new features should have been in ghwt

Posted: August 15, 2009 9:30 AM
    Ngcod4
  • demwarrior192

I agree with mangazo15, but I also like both of the games so I think I agree more with Xboc980 on his point of view and he's right, both game's were mean't to have fun and play music with a(n) friend(s) or by your self or w/e, they were not made for other people to critize each game, I mean it's good to have an oppion and all but sometimes its better to keep them to yourselve's, it save's alot of problem's from happening...but like I said, i'm not judgeing either game except that both are great to play...go GH and RB!!!

Posted: August 12, 2009 10:18 AM
    demwarrior192
  • GlowzinskiJB

I had Rock Band. My room is small and I lost 90% of my vision in an accicdent. so, I couldn't see everything I should have been able to. Thus I sold my game to fye for like 5 dollars less than I got it for. My brother is giving me 5 feet of his room now though so I will try it again. The controllers work with both games so I say get both. I like the make your own music part of the new Guitar Hero, but I hear how good rock band is all the time. Now, all I need to do is figure out which game has the better controls. The Rock Band drums look better than the Guitar Hero drums. Anyone have an opinion on which is better?

Posted: August 11, 2009 5:25 PM
    GlowzinskiJB
  • Zorn84

I was disappointed with GH World Tour. Not enough metal and hard rock, they got so much weak music. And I have seen the set list for GH5 and its more of the same crap. Rock Band has a much better variety of music.

Posted: August 10, 2009 3:36 PM
    Zorn84
  • leakime

I totally agree with mangazo15 Rockban is bland and boring. GH is really pushing the bar on music games and other than Rockband's Network thing GH has it beat in almost every way. ROCK ON!!!

Posted: August 10, 2009 2:38 PM
    leakime
  • Xboc980

i actually love guitar hero. If rockband hadn't came out people would love the franchise. I just hate people criticizing both game. To me both games are the same, and their both music games. So stop hating and enjoy both gamesd you haters

Posted: August 9, 2009 8:50 PM
    Xboc980
  • mangazo15

This will sell better than any guitar hero game to date and any rock band game, so to all of you haters out there SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: August 9, 2009 3:53 PM
    mangazo15
  • xyfire

I don't care what your new features are! What I want to know is, have you made expert harder yet? Have you gotten a better setlist? The last 2 sets of GH3(which include cliffs of dover/Raining Blood/One), Through the fire and the flames, and the devil went down to georgia were the last difficult tracks holding the Guitar Hero name. The drum set is great... No good songs to play em on... Rock Band is keeping you beat on setlist, sorry. You're going to have to pull this next one out of your ass.

Posted: August 9, 2009 2:50 PM
    xyfire
  • carlial1

a few words GH santana that's the only way you know you have chops

Posted: August 8, 2009 8:17 PM
    carlial1
  • rkontna

i think these games have lost that magic that made the game so fun. + whats something the first 3 games had a lot of? Metal b/c its so fun to play. the set list on this game kinda sucks and with nothing truley new i dont plan on spending the cash on this. i think neversoft should spend sometime thinking really hard seeing as i cant wait for gh van halen but could careless about this edition of gh.

Posted: August 8, 2009 4:13 PM
    rkontna
  • mangazo15

Man this game is the grand daddy of all *music games. This will totally own rock band (aka. crappy graffixs, stale game play, repetitive game play)

:p screw rock band

Posted: August 8, 2009 3:56 PM
    mangazo15
  • mangazo15

Man this game is the grand daddy of all misic games. This will totally own rock band (aka. crappy graffixs, stale game play, repetitive game play)

Posted: August 8, 2009 3:56 PM
    mangazo15
  • thetruehiro

Why are the tracks so crappy looking, plus all the new adds are dumb.

Posted: August 8, 2009 2:30 PM
    thetruehiro
  • Killer_vincent1

man, all this sound cool, but it should have been included in GH4, since i just bought that not so long ago, i dont want to drop another 60 bucks, sorry

Posted: August 8, 2009 1:52 PM
    Killer_vincent1
  • EV1LH3RO

I think this is good, but seriously...get your licensing more like rock band. this is why i buy all of theirs...because once i buy that song, i can always play it!! if you got it just like them, you'll actually be a PARTY game, no one wants to swap discs out to play their favorite song that was on an older GH game. but you guys are on the right track with the hopping in and out of the song, you really did 1up RB there.

Posted: August 8, 2009 1:43 PM
    EV1LH3RO
  • mysticality2727

Sorry Activision, but I'm not buying it. Wake me up when you make some actually interesting changes.

Posted: August 7, 2009 3:51 PM