G-Phoria '09: Best Shooter

Posted: August 5, 2009
G-Phoria '09: Best Shooter
Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb present the G-Phoria '09 award for Best Shooter. Nominees include 'Call of Duty: World at War,' 'Killzone 2,' 'Gears of War 2,' 'Left 4 Dead,' and 'Resistance 2.'

• enraged_gamer

I have both GoW2 and KZ2. GoW2 is leaps and bounds ahead. The controls for KZ2 are frustrating - particularly the cover system. KZ2 is a good generic shooter with amazing graphics and sound but not a satisfying experience.

GoW2 has co-op, 5 player horde mode, achievements which are actually fun to get and the controls that are easy to pickup.

Posted: August 22, 2009 7:20 PM
    enraged_gamer
  • max6fitz

stop complaining KZ2 sucked i bought it and 2 weeks later a i sold it GOW2 won cuz it's at least 3x more fun to play then kill zone 2

Posted: August 9, 2009 5:23 PM
    max6fitz
  • Zorn84

Not any surprise there, GOW2 is one of the best games made so far. I think its pretty funny how you guys blame it on all the Xbox 360 fanboys. Well its hard to be a PS3 fanboy when they have such crap for exclusive games. Don't get me wrong, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are good, but nothing compared to Xbox 360 games. Xbox 360 exclusive games have always and probably will always be better then PS3's. And just to let you know I am not a Xbox 360 fanboy, I personally despise Microsoft. I have both a Xbox 360 and a PS3, but I just play the system with better games, and that's Xbox 360.

Posted: August 7, 2009 1:25 PM
    Zorn84
  • mikeinrichmond

GOW2 was a good game in its 'shooter' category, but if compared to Fallout 3 and Infamous, they were much more engaging, thoughtful, and fun to play, IMHO.

Posted: August 7, 2009 1:12 PM
    mikeinrichmond
  • HipHopcrates

It's a game and ultimately it's relative to someones tastes. Obviously the majority's(viewers like you and me I might add) tastes gravitated towards GOW2. I dont understand the outrage just b/c someone's opinion differs from yours. Grow up. It doesnt mean anything substantive it's just a metric on popularity.

Posted: August 7, 2009 12:40 PM
    HipHopcrates
  • sethrix

Garl33t how would it be xplays fault it was the viewers that voted.

Posted: August 6, 2009 3:24 PM
    sethrix
  • donotkill4

yeah i voted for it cuz i mean kill zone 2 has very great graphics but its juct not what im looking for plus the program that gears of war 2 has makes it a no brainer.

Posted: August 6, 2009 4:58 AM
    donotkill4
  • DarrenZX07

most people who voted for GOW2 are prolly fanboys. GOW2 does not deserve this. Killzone 2 does. I HATE YOU XBOX FANBOYS!!! when r u people goin to accept a game thats not in ur console! i'm not a fanboy. cuz i have all. and i have learned to accept that left for dead is so cool.

Posted: August 5, 2009 9:29 PM
    DarrenZX07
  • kurtfromjamaica

o my gosh wat da f*!@ is wrong wit y'all killzone 2 is mind blowing.Gears of war i have to admit but most ppl like it cuz it's a gorry game.The blood looks like some cheesy cartoon piece o ' crap i'm srry but killzone is better.Killzone has da graphics and it's a really good game. This just makes a good gamer want to buy a ps3. come om ppl of 2day.STOP tha foolishness.

Posted: August 5, 2009 7:29 PM
    kurtfromjamaica
  • Secondtooth

lame

Posted: August 5, 2009 5:32 PM
    Secondtooth
  • HeavenlyH3R0

Just want to say that morgan webb is right controllers are better with the nubbies worn off XD.

Posted: August 5, 2009 5:08 PM
    HeavenlyH3R0
  • Garl33t

This doesn't surprise me cuz xplay is obsessed with xbox 360 and GOW2. We all know it and they even try to deny it. Whatever. Im done with xplay. Pure GARBAGE.

Posted: August 5, 2009 4:16 PM