Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta Introduction

Posted: August 4, 2009
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta Introduction
Curious to see how Fallout 3's Mothership Zeta starts and how you'll escape from the holding cell after being abducted? Watch this video to find out!

• warzone92

it looks good now how do i get it on my 360 because i never downlode anthing thing to my 360 and how much is it

Posted: August 11, 2009 6:15 PM
    warzone92
  • KilferMF

It's hard to detail exactly how badly I disagree with this review. I've found reviews out of G4 to be generally accurate, but this one takes the cake for "most surprising 5/5". I recently popped in Mothership Zeta after having not played Fallout 3 for some time now.

Imagine my surprise when I realized, there is little to no "big life choices" to choose between. There is no "destroy earth" or "Kill the last of an alien race" options that would've been preferable to following the "incredibly linear experience".

Also, there is only really one weapon to find that rivals the Alien Blaster or Tesla cannon, and it's not an incredibly rewarding adventure. You simply kill a robot that doesn't attack or do anything.
    The only REAL appeal to Mothership Zeta is look. We're finally seeing the reds, blue, yellows, and colors in between, in a very gray and brown world.

I thought there would be a set line of quests with choices that'd make me feel bad or help me sleep, and I found nothing other than "go to this room, blow up this, now go here, blow up this".
    Stepping OUT into space was fun, but rather short lived, and the fun doesn't last long.

As far as the "extraordinary final fight", it is a simple fight, that goes from pushing three buttons and shooting. There is nothing extraordinary about it, aside from the size of the ship. There are no sweet animations for switching levels (lawl).

The end of the game left something to be desired, it's great that you can go BACK to a ship that is now yours, but it ends there. Most of the awesome looking ship, is now sealed off, and you can't take time to explore it. WTF?
    I really hoped for more, I was waiting in extreme anticipation at what choices I'd have to make this time, for the final DLC to Fallout 3, but I was udderly disappointed.

Posted: August 10, 2009 2:51 PM
    KilferMF
  • Flynfsh

now i want fallout

Posted: August 10, 2009 2:31 PM
    Flynfsh
  • maxmike18

yea i traded in fallout 3 before the extra content and everything looks reaaly good but i think i will wait for the game of the year editon to save my self a coulple of bucks plus it will get me warmed up for fallout new vegas

Posted: August 10, 2009 10:52 AM
    maxmike18
  • Bomblord

master chief armor mod and a mod to make the aliens look like covenant!

Posted: August 10, 2009 8:44 AM
    Bomblord
  • Silky08

Now if there was an accurate "Master Chief Armor" mod that'd be great with this.

Posted: August 10, 2009 7:28 AM
    Silky08
  • HAMMERCLAW

Stop trying to talk yourself out of it! Just get in there and hurt something!

Posted: August 7, 2009 9:36 PM
    HAMMERCLAW
  • Foxx_Racer

man cant wait 2 try out the downloads. left my hard drive at the other house.

Posted: August 7, 2009 4:46 PM
    Foxx_Racer
  • ratchetizer

My Ranking:
    5.The Pitt
    4.Mothership Zeta
    3.Operation Achorage
    2.Point Lookout
    1.Broken Steel (Extended level cap)

Posted: August 5, 2009 5:04 PM
    ratchetizer
  • Covertleader

Ranks:
    #3 op. anchorage
    #5 mothership zeta
    #2 the pitt
    #4 point lookout
    #1 broken steal

Posted: August 5, 2009 6:35 AM
    Covertleader
  • Covertleader

After the "Broken Steel" DLC I just kept fast traveling to Bethesda Ruins every three days to battle the wastelanders there to jump up to level 30 in less than 2hrs time. What can I say waiting for the other DLCs took forever so I spent the time strengthing my character.

Posted: August 5, 2009 6:30 AM
    Covertleader
  • freemole77

Fall Out 3 is the Shiz nizel.

Posted: August 4, 2009 9:13 PM
    freemole77
  • Bootyman24x7

Dang it looks tight!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: August 4, 2009 8:24 PM
    Bootyman24x7
  • bigbluectc

This looks awesome, but I only have 1600 points. Is there going to be an XBL deal of the week or should I just buy 2?? I'm definately getting point lookout, but I'm not sure if I should get zeta or broken steel. No need for a reply cus I'll figure it out

Posted: August 4, 2009 7:15 PM
    bigbluectc
  • chanceman93

I little boring and repetitive but it has a great beginning and many cool moments.

Ranks:
    #5 op. anchorage
    #4 mothership zeta
    #3 the pitt
    #2 point lookout
    #1 broken steal

Posted: August 4, 2009 5:22 PM
    chanceman93
  • ill_informed

wow that was boring. but all the while still cool..

Posted: August 4, 2009 4:25 PM
    ill_informed
  • MasterNoble6

Ive played through the whole DLC of mothership zeta, its a very visual type of DLC and not much for exploration, very linear. I got to the end in 4 hrs and finally got to level 30 at the very end. I could not find any side missions at all. there is a samurai that helps you at the very end so dont kill him for his armor till then. haha. i rank this with one of the diehard fans of fallout 3. if your not a diehard fan then just wait for the GOTYear edition in oct. cus the price is a little steep for for hour gameplay n no side missions. you can revisit the ship anytime but wuts the point. Rank= #5 op.anchorage #4 the pitt #3 mthrshp zeta #2 point lkout #1 broken steal. love big comie killin robots dont like snow.

Posted: August 4, 2009 3:33 PM
    MasterNoble6
  • hypra

aofail... btw you shouldnt leave your email here... theres a bunch of "jerk"holes out there

Posted: August 4, 2009 3:24 PM
    hypra
  • kilCanvas

Damn, who DOESN'T love Bethesda now?

Posted: August 4, 2009 3:02 PM
    kilCanvas
  • cwhas2godhands

AOL... ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha

Posted: August 4, 2009 2:35 PM