Exclusive Section 8 Single Player Campaign Preview

Posted: July 29, 2009
Exclusive Section 8 Single Player Campaign Preview
Morgan Webb gets an exclusive first look at the 'Section 8' single player campaign. For the first time anywhere, Robert Siwiak from TimeGate Studios shows off single player campaign gameplay, talks about the storyline and demos weapons and upgrades.

• OZZMENT

is this game on xbox market place or a disc.

Posted: September 5, 2009 3:57 PM
    OZZMENT
  • the_real_god_of_war

this looks freaking epic so awesome i cant wait to get it

Posted: September 2, 2009 7:59 AM
    the_real_god_of_war
  • XGamerXKing

I like the concept of super-soldiers with up-gradable armor. The ability to call drop ships with vehicles and supplies anywhere you want. The entire game looks outstanding! Can't wait to play September 1st!!!!

But, I do have to say that the "drop soldiers" remind me a lot of ODST's from Halo. It's just that ODST's drop in pods and the Section 8 soldiers just have extremely strong and durable armor. But still, the game looks outstanding!

Posted: August 11, 2009 1:44 PM
    XGamerXKing
  • harusing

@glitchmaster
    movie's section9 it is very confusing

fully paid preordered looks mainly multiplayer despite the single player preview. Why is everyone raging on the "bland enviornments" its supposed to be a barren planet!! Just cause u newbs cant find cover dosen't mean it's not gonna be a good game! I personal bought it beacause i heard it was supposed to be very customizable and i love that in a game.

Posted: August 5, 2009 1:50 PM
    harusing
  • me2freak

thats one more game going into my collection

Posted: August 5, 2009 8:45 AM
    me2freak
  • Joshua360

I new there was not going to be much of a single player campaign. I'm actually surprised it has a single player campaign to tell you the truth because all of their advertising up to this point has been about the multi player.

Judging from the video, the single player campaign is nothing more than multi player with bots and a few cuts scenes used to peace together an uninteresting story. That's too bad, I was looking forward to playing this game. I know there are people who don't care about much about single player campaigns when it comes to shooters, but it's important, especially if you're being introduced to a new world like we are with Section 8. I want to know who these guys are, what their motivation is for taking on these suicide missions and things like that.

Great single player makes for great multi player!

Posted: August 4, 2009 6:12 PM
    Joshua360
  • gamefreak1052

it fells like this 1 game i used to play called fallen eimper leigons

Posted: August 4, 2009 12:39 PM
    gamefreak1052
  • glitchmaster142

isent that a movie coming out

Posted: August 4, 2009 6:38 AM
    glitchmaster142
  • SHaIDoVV

Unreal Tournament meets ODST minus the polish of either.

Posted: August 4, 2009 12:21 AM
    SHaIDoVV
  • Pops007h

I personally don't care too much about single player 'cus i'm all about multiplayer and to me it seems like this is what the game is more focused on. This game looks great and I can't wait!!!

Posted: August 3, 2009 11:48 PM
    Pops007h
  • leakime

meh it looks dated. I'm, sure it'll be fun but the graphics are sub-par. Even halo 3 which came out a long time ago has better graphics. maybe i'm just being a PS3 fanboy but i think I'll stick with my Killzone 2.

Posted: August 3, 2009 9:07 PM
    leakime
  • romelove05

LMAO! I just played through COD4:MW and it rocked my socks off! has to brag a lil about this game. It rocked my socks off.

Posted: August 3, 2009 6:10 PM
    romelove05
  • Spybreak

Its before the beta guys, visuals usually get polished up late in development, let them get gameplay in before you worry about bland environments.

Posted: August 3, 2009 4:04 PM
    Spybreak
  • sixgaycows

it is going to b a good games

Posted: August 1, 2009 6:39 AM
    sixgaycows
  • Mr_Eko_73

@Hadesluda
    I totally agree. Unless they are holding back on the more detailed looking levels this looks very bland. Morgan even sounded bored with her questions. Also, droping in from where you want on the battlefield is not new. Although, not as dramatic, Medal of Honor: Airborne did this 2 years ago. I have no doubt they where "inspired" by this feature. Its just hard to get excited about this when you've played Call of Duty, Killzone and even Battlefield 1943!

Posted: July 31, 2009 2:29 AM
    Mr_Eko_73
  • lilred7667

correct me if im wrong but this is on ps3 too right just it will come out later.

Posted: July 31, 2009 12:05 AM
    lilred7667
  • Hadesluda

I don't think this game looks good at all. The environment looks empty and bland. I personally enjoy FPS that have detailed environments that add to the gameplay. It is more enjoyable to explore a level for the first time and not have a clue whats around the corner. It makes the game feel more realistic and adds a hunter and prey mentality especially in multi-player. I enjoy entering buildings and clearing it of enemies, or hiding behind cover for that brief instance to gather your wits when your being attacked. That is why I did not enjoy playing Halo but love Call of Duty and Killzone 2. To me this game looks like Halo on welfare. It's my opinion and not yours so feel free to disagree, but you cant honestly tell me this game looks as good as the upcoming Call of Duty game. To me gaming should evolve as it goes along. With that I hope every new game should be better or close to what has been released before it. That of course is improbable but I can dream you can never take away my dream. Never ever well at least until Project Natal comes out. That looks like the begining of Sky Ne and we all know how that story ends. If your reading this then you care what I think and for that..........I thank you!!!!!!

Posted: July 30, 2009 11:44 PM
    Hadesluda
  • capthavic

sorry but it just doesn't look very good. as i've said before it looks like tribes, just not as good.

Posted: July 30, 2009 6:13 PM
    capthavic
  • w00ly82

I'm pretty excited about the game. Though I'm not going to use the multiple letters.

Posted: July 30, 2009 2:04 PM
    w00ly82
  • Upseteyeball

this game just look really aesome i cant wait until this game comes out and this looks really SSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT and CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Posted: July 30, 2009 12:39 PM