Gears of War Movie Preview

Posted: July 27, 2009
Gears of War Movie Preview
Adam Sessler gets an exclusive preview of the 'Gears of War' movie. Cliff Bleszinski from Epic and the film's director Len Wiseman talk about the film's development, casting and what's important when turning a video game into a feature film.

• db1416

I really hope this at least gets made!!!!

Posted: April 26, 2011 3:35 PM
  • CG5Addict

O.K. when it comes to the actors for the movie I agree.. no wrestlers! But.... the actor who did wrestle for a very short time "Lestor Speight http://www.jasondunn.com/wp-co ntent/uploads/2009/02/cole-tat e.jpg needs to play Augustus Cole (a.k.a. Cole Train). Besides looking like Cole, he is the voice of Cole train in the game.

Also when it comes to the part of "Colonel Victor Hoffman" their is only one choice for me to play the part, actor R. Lee Ermey http://www.studiomark.com/phot ography-folder/275folder/r-lee -ermey,-actor.jpg . Everybody else is up for grabs, but they still need good actors for the movie to be good.

With that said, when it comes to all the actors it all depends on their budget. I mean I could come off with a few good names, but will they be able to afford all of them and have enough money for all the CG?

It needs CG comparable to "Star Wars" or "Lord of the Rings". With a real good sound mixer for the movie. If anybody ever saw the movie "Resident Evil" and listened to the sound separation on a good home 5.1 or 7.1 sound system, you know what I mean. THX at minimum.

Another thing.... this movie has to pack all the gore that the game is famous for, So it has to be rated "R" (at least for me) for it to work and for fans of the game to really enjoy it.. No PG-13 movie will show a person getting cut from the groin to their head with blood flying everywhere and of course getting blood on the lens of the camera.

So Cliff Bleszinsk and director Len Wiseman, think about this if your reading this post. :)

Posted: September 8, 2009 1:55 PM
    CG5Addict
  • Cangri_Gabo

I am very excited for this movie because Gears of War is tha bomb and I would like to know who are going to be the actors and I wish that none of the actors be wresttler.

Posted: August 4, 2009 12:33 PM
    Cangri_Gabo
  • H2o388

Really scary please don't fk this up please!!!!!

Posted: August 3, 2009 8:13 AM
    H2o388
  • Brazix

Ive change my mind batista should be marcus hes way bigger dominic should be dom

Posted: August 1, 2009 6:19 PM
    Brazix
  • Brazix

I was thinking if we have an XBOX movie why not not a PS3. I loved to see a Resistance move Nathan Hale kicking some chimeran ass. With a big ass monster 2 top it off

Posted: August 1, 2009 5:59 PM
    Brazix
  • Nintendood_Prime

its ture. vidoe game movies always suck. except advent children.

Posted: August 1, 2009 5:37 PM
    Nintendood_Prime
  • neokimchi

i'm really glad they're acknowledging the difference between interactive and non-interactive storytelling... something that most movie adaptations of video games, most video games based on movies, and a sadly high number of original narrative games fail to take into account.

Posted: July 31, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Stannz

Personally. I think Silent Hill has been the best Video Game effort so far. I liked it. It wasn't great, but for a video gam based movie it did quite well. Street Fighter it was not.

As for Gears, it does not surprise me in the least that it is going to be made into a movie (Hell it's like playing one and that's why I love it). I just hope they do my game justice and learn from the mistakes of other directors. The writing is most important.

My Suggestion for the cast:
    Marcus-Dominic Purcell or Dave Batista (Only if you have to go Wrestler though)
    Dom-Not sure. Get back to you on that one
    Cole- TERRY CREWS. G.I. Joe hasn't even come out yet and I have no idea why they didn't pick him for Roadblock. Boggles my mind. Terry Tate a good choice too
    Baird-Ryan Reynolds. It's like coming his roles from blade and X-men all into one. Who better to play a smartass sildier than the man playing "The Merc with a Mouth"!!!
    Hoffman-R. Lee Ermey (imdb him. You know who he is)
    Anya-Again I need time for that one

Story should be about Emergence day easy. What did Marcus do that got him locked up in Gears one? What started the war between man on Sera and and did the locust plot the attcak after they almost wiped each other out?

Posted: July 31, 2009 3:52 PM
    Stannz
  • Brazix

This movie is going to be the bomb. Dominic Purcell should defintely be Marcus. Batista or Dwayne the Rock Johnson as Dom. Lester Speith or Micheal Irvin as Cole. Ryan Reynolds as Baird. Hands down Tommy lee jones as Hoffman.

Posted: July 31, 2009 7:23 AM
    Brazix
  • Half_life000111

They didn't even mention the Uncharted movie..... it's bloody perfect for a set up..... but whatever

Posted: July 29, 2009 5:14 PM
    Half_life000111
  • Half_life000111

They didn't even mention the Uncharted movie... just pointing that out, not to be a nuce

Posted: July 29, 2009 5:13 PM
    Half_life000111
  • Half_life000111

Posted: July 29, 2009 5:13 PM
    Half_life000111
  • Joshua360

Too bad Halo movie is dead. Hope someone else has the balls to take it on.

Posted: July 29, 2009 1:43 PM
    Joshua360
  • Joshua360

Gears of War kicks serious ass!

Posted: July 29, 2009 1:37 PM
    Joshua360
  • Joshua360

Gerard Butler as Marcus Fenix. This is going to be one hell of a film.

Posted: July 29, 2009 1:29 PM
    Joshua360
  • aussieskater

This movie is going failing xD
    On sense where you going to get people with tiny lil head's and biceps size of half there chest xD

Posted: July 29, 2009 12:17 PM
    aussieskater
  • daliasgamer

this is way cool im really gunna look foward to see this movie cause i enjoyed playing the game

Posted: July 29, 2009 4:28 AM
    daliasgamer
  • anthonyman75

i wonder will it be animated or live action im hoping live action and please god please dont let them kill gears

Posted: July 28, 2009 9:00 PM
    anthonyman75
  • 100percentgood

im surprised that there was no talk about the Shadow of the Colossus movie...

its GOING to be terrible. the writer to street fighter: legend of chun-li is writing it... SotC! the protagonist doesnt speak! its just going to be raped...

as someone who has never played gears, i may go and see this. i dont own a 360, otherwise id play the gears games. but hopefully this could be a good intro for people unfamiliar with the IP.

Posted: July 28, 2009 7:48 PM