Guitar Hero 5 Gameplay Features Trailer

Posted: July 13, 2009
Guitar Hero 5 Gameplay Features Trailer
Forget everything you know about Guitar Hero 5 (if you knew anything at all) and get the latest dish with all the new gameplay features coming down the pipe.

• guitarmasterx7

ive seen a lot of contraversy ovr dis game so i just wana say SHUT THE F#%! UP AND TRY IT OUT YOURSELF EVRY TIN HAS DIFF REVIEWS AND O Chupacabras_X no 1 gives a d@*! about that besides ur comparing a game designed 4 teenagers to old people not a very compeling argument

Posted: July 24, 2009 8:47 PM
    guitarmasterx7
  • wolfman01

Jimi Hendrix Guitar Hero!

Posted: July 21, 2009 2:59 PM
  • phoenixrage

lots of good news, and things to look forward too, but still would like to have access to some of the songs on WT/GH:M/SH discs.

Posted: July 21, 2009 2:31 PM
    phoenixrage
  • Starsmember33

In The last Game Informer, They gave about 1/3 of all of the songs away. But I'm not really one of the type for indie bands,I'm more of a person that sticks to his bands that i like.

Posted: July 21, 2009 10:31 AM
    Starsmember33
  • mangazo15

you should write a freaking assay about this, but anyway DLC is still way expensive for both rock band and guitar hero. By the way how can harmonix be the original rock game if harmonix is a clearly a company not a game!! Now shut your mouth before a fly creeps inside.

Posted: July 20, 2009 5:49 PM
    mangazo15
  • keniscool

This seems like a rushed title just to lessen the sales of Rock Band: The Beatles. They really haven't innovated at all except for the "everybody play guitar" option. And really, that sort of diminishes the fun in having the full band. Sure everybody can play the same note chart, but the fun is in working together and pretend "jamming" with your friends like a real band. I have lost faith in the guitar hero franchise ever since it went to activision. Sure they have some good songs, but there's no heart in the game, no personality.

The one thing Harmonix constantly gets right is having little touches that make you feel like the game is made by people who actually care about the music. The fun facts on the loading screens and constant, original DLC makes it a much better game in my opinion. Sure GH may be harder and cater to the crowd who only wants ridiculous note charts, but that only lasts so long.

And to Mangazo, the "original BAND FREAKING GAME" was actually created by the people who sold the franchise and went on to make "Rock Band". So before you say "original", you should check your facts first. Harmonix is the original, and will always be a step ahead of the corporate, franchise raping Activision. And yes, they are ripping you off releasing these games so close together while releasing sub-par DLC for "World Tour". I own both games, and I hate the drums and the set list of World Tour. I got bored within the first week of playing it.

And if it sounds as if I'm biased, it's because I am. I'm sick of them cheapening the "Guitar Hero" franchise just to rush half-assed games out and make as much money as possible before they can get people to absolutely hate it. It's just Tony Hawk all over again. Cut costs by not innovating or caring until people hate the franchise, then move on to something else.

Posted: July 20, 2009 5:40 PM
    keniscool
  • paco_lewis

Hmmm, no, still the same a WT. Having 4 people play the same guitar track COOPERATIVELY at the same time is the stupidest thing is ever heard. Rock Band wins, all ways will. Activision's only true living franchise is the Infinity Ward's CoD games. World at War is as money hungry as these Guitar Hero games, with their DLC packs that cost too much and maps that suck except for the Nazi Zombies map in each one.

Posted: July 20, 2009 1:07 PM
    paco_lewis
  • mangazo15

hey haters guitar hero 5 = over 80 songs. 160 ms points
    (or 1.99) per song in dlc. so if you do the math 80x 160= 12800 ms points and that equals 160 dollars (159.2 dollars). so who is getting ripped offffff
    stop hating because you guys dont know what the hell you are talking about i will pay 60 dollars for a brand new game with better grafixs more inovations for less than half of what i would pay for dlc. So please dont bring up the freaking argument that activision is ripping people offffffffff becuase they are not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go ahead a play rockband the same gameplay the same multiplayer the same grafixs and paying through the roof for a song, i for one am sticking with guitar hero, the original band freaking game !!!!!!!!

Posted: July 20, 2009 12:55 PM
    mangazo15
  • nodrodee

Nice add on's, glad I skipped World Tour knowing they would release a newer version very soon. I like the saved setlist, battle modes sound cool. Wonder if they will chart both leads for groups like Skynyrd that had to lead guitars. That would be cool, other then that I don't see use for everyone playing guitar, or drums at same time.

I will still skip this and get RockBand Beatles, I just like RockBand's interface and graphics better, plus the video for RB Beatles looks so retro and perfect for the Beatles,

but GH5 look like it has some real nice features, enjoy.

Posted: July 20, 2009 12:32 PM
    nodrodee
  • sac_boi93

to Chupacabras_X: elvis presley wasn't a band. there were some songs he had where there weren't any instruments but guitar. sorry but i really don't think that would be a wise move for guitar hero.
    plus, i know there's an option that allows you to reply directly to a coment but it doesn't work for me.

i'm gonna try to get this game if it gets a good reveiw. i've omited rythem games since rock band 1 because they just got repetitive after that. i really think that guitar hero 5 will be a good way to shake things up a bit in rythem games.

Posted: July 19, 2009 6:18 PM
    sac_boi93
  • fales24

expert plus is for the drums...it adds the use of double base pedals...it was first used in gh metallica and i think it may have been in smash hits...where have you been?

and as for the beatles rock band, im really sick and tired of hearing how great that game is going to be...right now its shaping up to be as good as gh aerosmith...which was horribly boring after the first hour of playing

Posted: July 18, 2009 5:23 PM
    fales24
  • ThEcRiSTrAiN

y in the hell would they add a new difficulty called expert plus thats just retarted

Posted: July 18, 2009 3:09 PM
    ThEcRiSTrAiN
  • Sector1286

guitar hero is for masters of games like that. rock band for everyone. gh is way too hard

Posted: July 18, 2009 1:22 PM
    Sector1286
  • Snicker60515

I do kinda wish that songs from the previous games would transfer into the new game, ala Rock Band, but I don't really care because that's what I have the previous games for anyway. The new features sound awesome and it really does bring back the GAME aspect of this game. It's not a music simulator and it isn't trying to be. I'm glad that the developers are adding these challenges to up the gaming aspect of this title. I for one can't wait to try out all the various challenges that will be coming for this game, and the fact that my World Tour DLC will work for this one is all the better. GH5 FTW and it will make a great Bday present for me when it does release!

Posted: July 18, 2009 1:22 PM
    Snicker60515
  • CALiiGeDDon

im getting this game :P...i passed on world tour and this game looks SOOOOOOOOO much better.

Posted: July 18, 2009 1:14 PM
    CALiiGeDDon
  • YoureSoFunny

He's acts like this every Guitar Hero game that's about to come out this is getting old with these music games!!!

Posted: July 18, 2009 11:10 AM
    YoureSoFunny
  • Lance20000

This is really a waste of a game. They have what, 7 console games. 5 Current generation consoles and they are not tranfering any song lists from any game to this one. No thanks I will stick to my rockband game with its over 200 songs that I have collected.

Posted: July 18, 2009 8:26 AM
    Lance20000
  • Chupacabras_X

It is going to be either music or themes that ultimately drive this thing.

My mother is in her 50's, has never been into video games. Neither have most of her friends in the retirement community that she lives in.

But.....they are in September going to have a new group activity in the "old ladies' group that she is in. They as a group are going to get ROCK BAND: THE BEATLES and play it as a group. They already have rules- for example, whomever is hosting the "gig" that week gets to select the first song and the first group of people that plays. After that, whomever has the highest score will stay and everyone else switches out.

My mom is going to get a PS3 and ROCK BAND just to start practicing, so she can fufill her dream of being John Lennon of the Beatles.

Now, that is what GUITAR HERO'S is going up against. People that are OUTSIDE the video game demographic are going to be buying ROCK BAND: THE BEATLES just to be the Beatles.

I think the next move for GUITAR HERO'S is pretty logical to me.

GUITAR HERO- ELVIS PRESLEY is the only real answer to the Beatles.

Posted: July 18, 2009 7:12 AM
    Chupacabras_X
  • CikehcnB

i really like that white and red finish. i still gotta get world tour. i'm definitely gonna get gh5. i'm really excited of the party mode thing wow all these new games are getting tons of new modes, fire fight, special ops, some unknown new mode on l4d2, you get the point. i'm also looking forward to the other modes on gh

Posted: July 17, 2009 11:26 PM
    CikehcnB
  • partyboy8967

I bought world tour the day it came out and my gutiar was broken so i jsut returned it dissapointed, that being said i rly hope this is the last one for a few years an they just keep rolling out the DLC i like gutiar hereo a lot more then rockband but if they keep milking the gamers of all there money i might swtich over to rock band even tho i really dont want to.

Posted: July 17, 2009 10:54 PM