Guitar Hero: What's Next?

Posted: June 29, 2009
Guitar Hero: What's Next?
Abbie Heppe from X-Play Editorial joins Adam and Morgan for an on-set discussion about Guitar Hero Smash Hits and the future of the franchise.

• dragoonaymie

i really dont like the guitar hero franshise in my opinion it has gone downhill ever since neversoft stepped in. world tour was great but it lacked what rock band 1 and 2 has. dlc. pure dlc that can be used for both games and to top that off you can download the songs from one onto two. and i have seen the dlc for world tour...and i got to say it sucks. i have never seen any song that i wanted. they are all like no name artists that i havent heard of and songs that i dont really care for from artists i like and the dlcs not compadable for other games in the series. it annoys me to have to switch dics just to play my favorite songs when you can just play them on one like rock band. i really think activision should give up on guitar hero and just take a long break just relecing dlc. like rock band.

Posted: July 3, 2009 2:42 PM
    dragoonaymie
  • Chupacabras_X

The only answer I can think of that GUITAR HERO can do to match the ROCKBAND: THE BEATLES is to sign Elvis Presley's catalogue to GUITAR HERO. Elvis, maybe U2 or Bruce Springsteen.

Posted: July 3, 2009 9:55 AM
    Chupacabras_X
  • phoenixrage

thats one thing about all these GH games, they all should be able to port over to play on the WT disc! or at least in the future to the GH5 disc.

I like the songs, I still bought it because of the songs, but really, I would pay the $5 - $10 extra to port the songs as DLC. Esp. with GH:M.

This is why I have only the Metallica DLC for the GH:WT series, where as on Rock Band/2, I've downloaded over 200 songs, and still have some that I want to download in the future.

Posted: July 2, 2009 10:28 AM
    phoenixrage
  • YoureSoFunny

guitar hero smash hits Fire through the Flames is easy now and all the other songs THIS SUCKS!!!

Posted: July 1, 2009 4:40 PM
    YoureSoFunny
  • tarataqa

I highly disagree as well. Basically Abbie doesn't like it because of the expert-level charting. Oh well.

This is just the GH version of Rock Band's Track Packs. RB sells Track Pack Vol 1 and 2 with 20 songs each for $30. So GH sells 48 songs for $60.
    Would you rather pay $2 per song for DLC? $96? yeah right

What about the kids sans internet access? (yes there are some out there without DLC ability) They can just buy a disc and boom 48 master songs to play as a band.

This is NOT a supposed to be an innovation! It's a frigging track pack (read: same game, different songs) Offering DLC on this disc would be nice but unnecessary. They still want you to buy GHWT (a full-release game, not track pack.) GH5 DOES come out in 2 months! It will do DLC.

Hopefully GH and RB can do as many good songs as possible before it all gets stale and everyone moves on. :)

Posted: July 1, 2009 4:13 PM
    tarataqa
  • Olderthanyourmom

I Disagree I give it an 9
    Reasons: 1 mastertracks,2 full band,3 adds star meter to interface,4 RT "It makes no sense to have starpower on 1 note at the end of the song" on Raining blood the starpower can be activated and then shows the lightning effect on guitar and causes the croud to cheer.5 new charting allows slidebar use and roped notes for tapping.Sorry im not on the same level as you;i have only been playing for a few years. I have all GH and RB games and I loved this game;the best GH yet!

Posted: July 1, 2009 2:28 PM
    Olderthanyourmom
  • Olderthanyourmom

I disagree.I know this is not new content but....
    1 Mastertracks are used

Posted: July 1, 2009 2:18 PM
    Olderthanyourmom
  • loubat

Nice "Cassette Recording is Killing the Music Industry" tattoo! :D

Posted: July 1, 2009 1:49 PM
    loubat
  • ElKungFuMonkey

Completely agreed. I rented this because I'm not about to shell out $60 for 48 songs, no compatibility with previous DLC and no future DLC for this. The tracks should have been DLC. If they can re-hash songs from previous games and put them in new ones (a la Guitar Hero 2) then they can do that here as well. Very disappointed with this game as I've been playing since the first Guitar Hero. Misirlou should have been here. Some songs were just ridiculously overcharted. It seems they replaced the songs with being fun, to just make them as hard as possible.

Posted: July 1, 2009 10:18 AM