The Real Transformers Debate

Posted: June 29, 2009
The Real Transformers Debate

No, we're not talking about Autobots vs. Decepticons this time. Kevin Pereira talks to Devin Faraci from Chud.com and Todd Gilchrist from Cinematical.com to talk about why and how, despite scathing reviews, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is on its way to becoming the highest grossing film of all time.

• Slightly_Insane

if i could be a critic to film critics real quick....you know if watching movies on your couch is the only job you can get then your lucky that a film critic is a paying job title or you would be flat on your ass broke

i loved the first film and i intend on watching the new one

Posted: July 19, 2009 10:07 PM
    Slightly_Insane
  • gabourele

I find it funny how people are being so stupid right now! For one people complained the first movie did not have enough action so Michael Bay brought that the the sequel. Then people call the twins racist. For one I am black and I don't talk like that anyone that thinks all black people talk like that are plain out stupid!! Michael Bay did a great job on this movie and like he said he is making entertainment movies not freaking award winning movies and the guy against this movie how funny your hating the movie wearing a Star Trek t-shirt, I mean seriously! And you want to know which robot's attacking which. Then it's called PAY ATTENTION most of the robots said who they were. This was a great movie and I would gladly see it again. People just need to stop thinking these robots are suppose to be real or something its Sci-Fi get a clue people it is an entertainment movie!! Oh brother!!

Posted: July 2, 2009 12:25 AM
    gabourele
  • gabourele

Posted: July 2, 2009 12:23 AM
    gabourele
  • bobbyman128

1.Transformers is about robots.
    2.In what way is transformers racist?
    3.Critics are attention seekers who say bad things about movies so you will talk to them.

Posted: July 1, 2009 12:03 PM
    bobbyman128
  • brenden77

I think anyone that thinks the 'twins' are racist in Transformers 2, they are racists themselves for thinking that way. I dont know if you've never been to the ghetto, but there ARE white people there too.. and they talk the same way.. so where does this racism tag come from?

Posted: July 1, 2009 10:04 AM
  • mattstewto

why do you people think that action and cgi make a great movie. you know what makes a great movie the story and all of micheal bays films have crapy stories. and just because a movie makes alot of money doesn't make it a great movie. look at indiana jones that made alot of money and it sucked but it made that money because people wanted to see indiana jones not knowing that the movie would be so bad. thats what transformers did they used the name to make the money. if it was a Go Bots movie it would have floped.

Posted: July 1, 2009 4:49 AM
    mattstewto
  • JujinkouNoJikan

@Mr_Chisel
    *6 bad movies and 1 good...
    @All the negative people
    You all honestly suck...I've read all your arguments and it has failed to change my opinion. The mass audience likes it, that is what matters. I've watched the show, and the first movie and am a BIG fan, and I honestly can't understand why you are getting so frustrated.
    Furthermore, everyone calling the robots racist are, in fact, themselves racist. Transformers do not have skin colors, you just took them and decided that they implied your own racist portrayal.
    I know people are mindset to think it was a horrible movie, and they are entitled to their opinion, except that using horrible reasoning, and in Kevin and Olivia's place, not even watching the entire movie, does not help your cause. In case you haven't noticed, not many movies made in the last few years have an astounding plot. Action movies provide action, go watch a disney movie if you want a decent storyline...

Posted: June 30, 2009 2:47 PM
    JujinkouNoJikan
  • jonman247

It's just a terrible and stupid film.
    It's 2 minutes longer than 2001, and in that Stanley Kubrick went from the dawn of the universe to the future, transformers doesn't quite make that evolutionary jump.

Posted: June 30, 2009 2:12 PM
  • AtomixPanix

the only racism in the movie is what the critics brought in with them. they saw michael bay name say it was another fan boy project and they damned it. and plot you want a plot here it is 'the autobot wage in war and battle to defeat the evil forces of the decepticons. transformers' its just that simple. why does everything have to be a davinci code?? fan boys, nerds, whatever you want to call us shelled out money to see robots fight and thats what happened. sure it wasnt to the extent we wanted but it delivered enough for us to get wet about 3, 4 and 5. and they gave us just enough of pieces to make us go out and learn more its called marketing. making money. it all cant be hot asian girl jumping into pie followed by skinny white boy. and and this is also what makes transformers 2 a great movie, it got me to open a book and read. i hate reading. especially somethings thats not a comic or manga. its why i want kevin and olivia everyday at 6pm, get the news i need then back to playing video games. and when are you g4 going to give us more code monkey. i love that show.

Posted: June 30, 2009 1:26 PM
    AtomixPanix
  • Alexzandros

and where do you get another version of these "giant trucknuts runing up buildings"? there is nothing to be subpar to,so you cannot be subpar

Posted: June 30, 2009 9:33 AM
    Alexzandros
  • dafire

the only people who seem to hate the second transformers is the hardcore fans and im not a hardcore fan and i loved it

Posted: June 30, 2009 9:29 AM
    dafire
  • dafire

i saw the movie and i think transformers 2 was one of the best movies i have seen in a long time

Posted: June 30, 2009 9:22 AM
    dafire
  • wowbobwow

The purpose of a Michael Bay film is to entertain.
    If I wanted a plot I would rent Gone with the wind or Dr. Zhivago.
    Sure there were plot holes aplenty but I went to see giant space robots kicking ass, Megan Fox hotness and explosions upon explosions.

And guess what... that is exactly what I got.

I loved this movie for what it was intended to be.

Posted: June 30, 2009 8:52 AM
    wowbobwow
  • sdc10

@Ken

Hey dont get made a me because i found flaws in your crappy logic, not my fault you cant find a good reason to defend this poor excuse for a movie.

Posted: June 30, 2009 3:35 AM
    sdc10
  • iminari

Here is all I'm going to say/type about this. 1. I haven't seen Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen, and I probably won't until it comes out on DVD. 2. I didn't really like the 1st movie. So I may not like the new movie. 3. If any1 wants to hear more reasons TROTF might of sucked. Go to YouTube, look up the channel TheRazmereShow, and watch his 2-part review of the movie. He points out the same reasons Mr. Devin did, + several others.

Posted: June 30, 2009 1:00 AM
    iminari
  • Mr_Chisel

I'll add that if you didn't know what to expect, or you didn't connect the dots between the first and second movies, then you shouldn't comment on b/c you are a poor film critic. The first movie had just as much "cheesy" acting as the second one. It's just the role humans play in TF. They are simply a lower lifeform. I personally was left with questions in the first movie like "where's the Matrix?" and "where are the rest of the Transformers?". I thought Bay did a great job addressing my main concerns, (action and Megan Fox). All in all I think the kids who this is aimed at got more than their dollar's worth and they will be hooked on Transformers for years to come. I for one am grateful that Hasbro was so cautious with putting TF films out there, they could be like Batman and make 5 bad and 2 good.

Posted: June 30, 2009 12:56 AM
    Mr_Chisel
  • Mr_Chisel

Transformers 2 was great. It wasn't racist(Feraci and Kevin). Michael Bay kept with what works, authentic explosions, stunts, and CGI. This is what sets him apart from the rest of Hollywood. Instead of focusing on actors that need 100+ takes, he spends his time perfecting special effects, which is really all that matters in an action movie not the plot. This movie is about Transformers first, humans second. I think the problem is this movie is for Transformer "nerds" and not "simple" people who are offended by old stereotypes. If black people are offended, let them speak up. We don't need you, Kevin "Sharpton" patronizing them, because that's just as bad. Olivia must be over her crush on Shia. And by the way, how do you get in playboy for being hot, and not take you of top off?

Posted: June 30, 2009 12:19 AM
    Mr_Chisel
  • johnny126

Ok, I love the Transformers series, I loved the first Transformers movie, but I agree, I hated this movie, I couldn't stand to watch it. I was really excited cause Michael Bay did such a great job with the first flick but this one just.... I don't know where to start, the story bad, the human characters bad, I just couldn't get into it.

I'm not bashing anyone who liked it, that's wrong to do, but I can say as a long time Transformers fan I do not feel like this movie did the series justice.

Posted: June 29, 2009 11:23 PM
    johnny126
  • Sn0wman92

Umm yea idk what these "critcs" are thinkng transformers was one of the BEST movies of the year so far n I anybody disagrees I personally think that they need to watch the movie at least 3 more times and the styll disagree with my thought they need to kill themselves because the movie made over $200 million in the box office and I bet that everybody will say that it was worth the money

Posted: June 29, 2009 11:08 PM
    Sn0wman92
  • Gearsxcr

I enjoyed this movie yes it was longer than it should have been but the cinema was astounding. Yes it was a bunch of short lines but it was full of action and you know the thing about it. If the main stream public didn't like the first movie they wouldn't of went to the second one. It obviously catches a large audiences eyes. Maybe your stuck in the 80's or you just don't like the director but its something that people will enjoy sorry it didn't make ultra nerd 2000 with the wanna be Billy Mays beard happy. But aside from it all the partial randomness made it interesting putting multiple pieces together to make sense of one thing. And seriously I didn't think racism when I saw those robots I just thought it was hilarious. Grow up racism only exist because we can't put it down we are the ones drawing the line of what is white and black.

Posted: June 29, 2009 10:39 PM