Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 2009 EP Interview

Posted: June 12, 2009
Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 2009 EP Interview
BioWare Executive Producer Tom Nichols drops The Force en masse in this E3 2009 interview for Star Wars: The Old Republic with The MMO Report's Casey Schreiner.

• GARVMON

bipolar stop crying about this game its going to be epic. If you dont like MMO then dont play it. I personally do not play many MMO games I have tried a few but just do not like them. That being said I cannot wait for this game to arrive. If you dont like the annimation than it shows exactly what you know about computers, the more systems that it can run on at launch the more sales they get. The better the graphics, think Vanguard or AOC the less people can play because of their ISP or Computer not being good enough to run the high end graphics. The monthly fee goes to maintaining and expanding the game, if they dont charge it the game would not run right and also if you where to buy one game a month or subscribe to a service like game fly then you would be paying just as much. This will be the only game many people play and therefore the 15 a month is not that bad concidering that most games are about 60 a purchase.. Dont be a noob..

Posted: July 1, 2009 2:57 PM
    GARVMON
  • systemofakeelan

lol casey, "what a square" when the guy's talking about the jedi master

Posted: June 24, 2009 2:06 PM
    systemofakeelan
  • hackerskillz

ihear from a very relaible source that they are going to do a robot jedi but i will not revile any more classes

Posted: June 21, 2009 10:38 PM
    hackerskillz
  • scammingladdy

on the homepage, the preview for this article it says

"info of the classes, stoy, and moral choices"

*note to editor, did you misspell story?

Posted: June 16, 2009 5:22 PM
    scammingladdy
  • bipolar93

"Glorious MMO??!?!" I strongly dislike this guy. I don't think he understands people's problem with KOTOR being an MMO. I don't care if there are branching story lines. I just don't want to play an MMO. I don't want to have to pay for an MMO. I don't want to be an MMO player. However, I want KOTOR III. And another, more specific problem with the game, or actually just new star wars in general. When was it decided that star wars should have vaguely cel-shaded, kind of anime, and completely ugly for its art direction? If I recall (though I could be wrong), one of the things that made Star Wars popular was its incredible special effects. I have been a Star Wars fan all my life, and KOTOR was the only good thing going for it at the moment. Congratulations, Lucasarts, for bastardizing the only real innovation and quality product you had going for you.

Posted: June 16, 2009 4:18 PM
  • tha504headbussa

i dont think everyone will be a jedi or sith.... even if everyone is....i still think the gameplay is going to be ridiculously fun.... this game i hope will be the star wars we have all been waiting for.....i will be a dark jedi....

Posted: June 16, 2009 2:22 PM
    tha504headbussa
  • melvy35

i dont think im gonna have to worry about everyone being a jedi/sith. i know people who want to be smugglers and troopers

Posted: June 16, 2009 1:58 PM
    melvy35
  • CG_NUTS

fryguy81 has a piont because probably alot of peaple wannebe a jedi ore bounty hunter and not a lame trooper

Posted: June 16, 2009 11:21 AM
    CG_NUTS
  • bluegamer78

This game HAS to take off. Star Wars is to big to be avoided, and the sith/jedi population concern is not a problem thanks to the curiousity of people. The light/dark scores is also a very good way of keeping the curiousity up. So i don't think this game will have a very hard time taking off.

Posted: June 16, 2009 11:10 AM
    bluegamer78
  • rofl31337

so for this game im going to have to pay for this game and then monthly subs just to keep playling??

Posted: June 16, 2009 11:01 AM
    rofl31337
  • Ross575

this game looks awesome!

Posted: June 16, 2009 8:43 AM
    Ross575
  • fryguy81

i don't know about this. If everyone is a jedi it's no fun, if they don't allow jedi, it's a ripoff. I don't know if they can truly do an mmorpg of Star Wars that is fun, exciting, and allows complete immersion.

Posted: June 16, 2009 4:42 AM
  • maxnov32

I swore that I would never go back to an MMO again, but this game might draw me back in. Bioware has never done me wrong so I guess I could take a chance this when it finally comes out.

Posted: June 16, 2009 2:56 AM