Hands-On Alan Wake E3 Game Preview

Posted: June 4, 2009
Hands-On Alan Wake E3 Game Preview
Sam Lake, Lead Writer at Remedy, shows off an Alan Wake game preview, telling us about the spooky, long-awaited game, where it's been all this time, and how this horror/thriller plans to scare you into playing it.

Games in this Video:

Alan Wake (Xbox 360)

• dannymclovin

why the hell is everyone complaining about this game it looks great and scary at least give the game a chance i mean at least the graphics look cool and the story is great. i mean if u have a ps3 dont critisize this xbox esculsive i mean ps3 owners get to play uncharted 2, infamus, and heavy rain for god sakes let us xbox users have some fun for once

Posted: February 15, 2010 9:24 AM
  • Legendary_Fist

I think it's "ok" but yeah shining your flashlight on something and only then can you shoot it...dumb. Visually it looks like a nice game and the storyline is cool. Reminds me of the movie Darkness Falls a bit.

Posted: June 9, 2009 12:14 PM
    Legendary_Fist
  • Joshua360

Alen Wake looks kick ass! no matter what ps3 flame boy says.

Posted: June 9, 2009 8:48 AM
    Joshua360
  • Joshua360

Everyone bashing this game are idiots. You haven't even played the damn game!
    Why don't you play it first before you come to a decision about the game.

You people are either ps3 flamers or completely stupid.

How do you people even attempt to compare Alan Wake with Heavy Rain? They are totally different games with totally different play mechanics.

In Alan Wake the player can actually control the character, in Heavy Rain the player watches cinema tics and is left having to press button combinations in order to see the next cinematic play out.

Posted: June 9, 2009 8:38 AM
    Joshua360
  • JasonB81

I don't even understand why some of you are even bringing up Heavy Rain. It's a whole different type of game, just like "Indigo Prophecy". Sounds to me like there are some PS3 fans in here that just can leave things alone. "Heavy Rain" looks great and promising. So does this game. It's a shame some of you are here bashing on a game you've only seen at most 2mins of. Wow, talk about your bias.

Anywayz, "Alan Wake" looks great and has some promising elements that i'm really looking forward to. I think the Lighting Engine looks phenominal, and the graphics are incredibly good. I also like in the press conference demo when he dropped the flare and how the ligh was accurately modelled when it fell inbetween the steps. I thought that was awesome. Can't wait for "Alan Wake".

Posted: June 9, 2009 5:46 AM
  • smroadkill15

If this game remindes me of anything is the enemies in RE4, they move and act really similar in this game, but thats really it.

Posted: June 8, 2009 9:48 PM
    smroadkill15
  • smroadkill15

This game looks amazing, the story and gameplay looks great. This is a must buy game for me. lol@ the people comparing it to Alone in te Dark. That's like comparing Ninja Blade to God of War III.

Posted: June 8, 2009 9:46 PM
    smroadkill15
  • smroadkill15

Posted: June 8, 2009 9:42 PM
    smroadkill15
  • EmbryonicGod

This game has too many similarities to Alone In the Dark. That game had a great story and was really scary but game mechanics and the fire gimmick killed it. Alan Wake looks sluggish and that light gimmick may kill it too. Im skeptical but hoping for the best on this one.

Posted: June 8, 2009 6:54 PM
    EmbryonicGod
  • silverneedle18

@ Pmtoner

you got me man, that game doesn't look that good

@bossgurl

are you freakin kidding me?

Posted: June 8, 2009 3:16 PM
    silverneedle18
  • pmtoner

why is the G4 staff the only people excited for this game

Posted: June 8, 2009 2:47 PM
    pmtoner
  • Pwnproof

@bossgurl

i really hope your being sarcastic. cause this game looks nowhere near as HOT as a max or heavy rain!

Posted: June 7, 2009 7:50 PM
    Pwnproof
  • ZERO_virus

alone in dark all over again replacing fire with light

Posted: June 6, 2009 1:25 PM
  • scx84

I sure hope that they tweak the crap outta this one....it looks pretty dodgy still.

Posted: June 5, 2009 3:40 PM
    scx84
  • T_Rexx

Is this it? Alan please go back to sleep!!!!

Posted: June 5, 2009 3:13 PM
    T_Rexx
  • RRODisBack

So you have to shine a flashlight on people and then shoot them huh? No thanks, not interested.

Posted: June 5, 2009 9:10 AM
    RRODisBack
  • bossgurl

this looks more thrilling than max payne this could be a heavy rain contender.

Posted: June 4, 2009 8:02 PM
    bossgurl
  • Blue_Vortex

I was excited about this and then I saw it in action, oh was I dispointed. I guess I'll never find a horror game that will come close to besting the first 3 silent hills.
    At least silent hill shattered memories looked good (sorry 360 I'll have to give the wii more attention for a little while, but I'll come back to you once you get natal)

Posted: June 4, 2009 7:41 PM